Canadian BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vmass View Post

I am no engineer, but wouldn't you get the same result by simply putting L brackets on your fan and slide a filter or two up against the draw side of fan? Or maybe no brackets at all, use the force of the fan to hold filter in place. When the filter gets to heavy to hold, it's time to replace.
    I posted that concept in post # 101.

The reason one filter one the side of a box fan doesn't work well has to do with the volume of the box, and the suction in creates by sucking through the 4 filters and out through the fan. One fan could never be efficient with just a fan and filter. Also the velocity of the fan would drop ridiculously, and use much electricity. By using a box, and 4 filters, you avoid this problem, the inside volume of the box not giving as much resistance.

Comment

Heard from coworker the smoke from Canada was forecast to hit in northern Missouri where we are going to start new gig..
      it's always stayed well away from where I've been, guess we'll see.

I hadn't heard about the smoke for a while and thought it was all over with...guess not, is the whole place having a BBQ or what

Screenshot_20230715_100157_Chrome.jpg

Comment

oh man ... beautiful Kelowna !
        1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
          oh man ... beautiful Kelowna !
          Yup. The whole province (BC) as well as a lot of other places are on fire. We've been sort lucky where I am, we've only had the super hot temps, lots of smoke and the big fire nearby only burned down a few homes and stayed away from town. Daughter in law and the grand daughters got kicked out of their house in West Kelowna but were staying the summer at her parents summer home part way up Lake Okanagan until they got told to leave there today. Anyway they're in the process of driving friends who were visiting back to Calgary, about a 7 hour drive because the Kelowna airport got shut down. Then back to Kelowna to find a place to stay. Maybe they'll have a house to go back to ...maybe not. How's your summer so far? Yikes.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Yet another bad season. This started about 20 years ago and it gets worse every year. Obviously need to build about 4 large water bombers to stop this from happening. We've been evacuated a couple times in the past years and probably again today or tomorrow. The fire jumped the lake Friday and we are only about 20 miles from it again. Last year it was across the lake and they seem to think 5 gallon buckets of water dumped by helicopters and Cessnas is going to do something, that method works on small fires that just started but not when they let the fires get out of control. Really tough job for the hard working crews battling the fires, we need new people making the big decisions though.
            1986 1150EF
            2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Yep actually Smokey here on the island from the fires on the mainland
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Big Block View Post
                Yet another bad season. This started about 20 years ago and it gets worse every year. Obviously need to build about 4 large water bombers to stop this from happening. We've been evacuated a couple times in the past years and probably again today or tomorrow. The fire jumped the lake Friday and we are only about 20 miles from it again. Last year it was across the lake and they seem to think 5 gallon buckets of water dumped by helicopters and Cessnas is going to do something, that method works on small fires that just started but not when they let the fires get out of control. Really tough job for the hard working crews battling the fires, we need new people making the big decisions though.
                BB, i hope you stay safe and your house doesn't get damaged.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

here's a great review of latest Hansen paper by a great canadian, for anyone interested (I like to adjust U-tube palyback speed to x1.25 under settings)
                  buckle-up friends ... it's going to get hella bumpy

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Great comparison chart find.

Comment

the fires that swept thru Maui were of a higher temperature than what's utilised in funeral homes for cremation.

Welcome to the Pyrocene.
                      1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

WTF? Everything not nailed down takes a walk?
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          WTF? Everything not nailed down takes a walk?
                          that is strange.
                          recycle value? how do you flip a fire hose??
                          1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

that is strange.
                            Junkies aren't big on common sense ...... One once tried to sell me a Fedex package tracker in a bar I was in. Obviously useless to anyone but a Fedex delivery driver. I told him to try calling the company and maybe they'll give him a reward for returning it .....
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

that is strange.
                              I would guess people were using the stolen equipment to try and protect their own home. Water pumps, sprinklers...I would try to saturate my house and property 24/7 if it were fire season. (Probably get incinerated for my efforts. )
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yep: A few have saved their home by throwing sprinkler on the roof and letting it run. That will help with any embers that fall. We're still okay thankfully. I know a few people that lost their homes so far though. I bought a new to me Honda today and I wasn't complaining riding it home in the light rain that we received. Well I guess that was all it took, sprinkle on the way home yesterday and full on pouring all night. New bike will sit inside today, I have to check it front to back anyway. honda.jpg
                                Last edited by Big Block; 08-23-2023, 09:52 AM.
                                1986 1150EF
                                2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Working...
                                X