Spent the past five days in Banff and Canmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post

Funny you would say that. I wondered aloud at one point whether locals were possibly so used to the stunning scenery that they don't notice it. I think Banff and Canmore are perfect places.
    Actually as a local we've spent lots of time in the local National Parks. In fact proposed to my wife in a tent at Tunnel Mountain. Even 2 weeks in Banff and mostly Jasper last year. Scenery still amazes us. We are quite local to the parks though and can access them even for day trips.
    Last edited by Sandy; 07-08-2023, 01:34 AM.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

Actually as a local we've spent lots of time in the local National Parks. In fact proposed to my wife in a tent at Tunnel Mountain. Even 2 weeks in Banff and mostly Jasper last year. Scenery still amazes us. We are quite local to the parks though and can access them even for day trips.
      I envy you, sir! It is the most magical montane destination to which I have ever been.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Bow Valley Parkway is outstanding. Locals directed me to hiway 22, the cowboy trail, and this restaurant:
        Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

We really enjoyed the food and drink at so many spots.

Cave and Basin was another amazing historical site we visited.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
          X