Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody remember the EZ Leaker ads in mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
    So you get a heavy duty latex prophylactic and weld a rubber tube to it, and you're ready for the Iron Butt Rally! Or most anything, really. The deluxe edition had a catch can. Otherwise the guy behind you in his Chevy will be thinking "hmm, that motorcycle has windshield wipers" ?
    My then brother-in-law showed me that product on the web and it wasn't that long ago, 10-20 years or so, I remember it being suggested for festivals, street parties and such. I of course flashed on long distance motorcycling. My then wife who was/is a nurse advised me that it was nothing more than a condom catheter routinely used in hospitals and urology practices. I guess the sneaky leaker guys just repackaged them with some markup and and tongue in cheek promotion.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Never saw the commercials.

Even when I actually did an iron butt ride I never needed one, although I have heard truckers tell about using them. .

I also recall one trucker showing me me how to get rid of bottles, which were glass at the time and much heavier than the plastic ones of today: he just opened the window and flung it sideways across the roof of the cab. The weight allowed it to stay with the truck's speed long enough that, if you were in the passenger seat, you could see it land off the roadway.

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

From EZ Rider to EZ Leaker - a life story
        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
        '79 GS100E
        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

At 58yo, let's just say I know all the convenient pull offs on my rides....
          It's not like I'm some college kid peeing on the side of a building...
          I'm a 58yo peeing on the side of a building! Haha no, I wouldn't do that.
          But when I'm out in the country, it's easy to find a pull off to, you know, make a phone call or clean your faceshield...
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            At 58yo, let's just say I know all the convenient pull offs on my rides....
            It's not like I'm some college kid peeing on the side of a building...
            I'm a 58yo peeing on the side of a building! Haha no, I wouldn't do that.
            But when I'm out in the country, it's easy to find a pull off to, you know, make a phone call or clean your faceshield...
            Yeah it seems their target market is the Iron Butt types that are going coast to coast. If ya give me weed, whites an wine, I'll be willin'
            Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Easy Rider was on TV yesterday. Watching Peter Fonda maneuver "Captain America" on dirt roads. That's one thing I like about the Sporty's 'Peanut' tank: you get to stretch your legs every hundred miles or so.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                Easy Rider was on TV yesterday. Watching Peter Fonda maneuver "Captain America" on dirt roads. That's one thing I like about the Sporty's 'Peanut' tank: you get to stretch your legs every hundred miles or so.
                If you rigged that Sporty up for running on recycled corn squeezins' you could run the EZ leaker right into the tank and only have to stop for booze fillups.
                Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                '79 GS100E
                Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post

If you rigged that Sporty up for running on recycled corn squeezins' you could run the EZ leaker right into the tank and only have to stop for booze fillups.
                  Perpetual motion? Think I'll call the patent office.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                  X