No announcement yet.

Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger, I understand the loss as my experience has been that losing furry friends (and in my case a couple of feathered ones, too) can sometimes be harder than losing human friends.

Please accept my condolences.
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
      Sad news...I'm sorry for your loss. The way you explained the situation really puts things into perspective. Our time comes and we don't know when. Your Kaya seemed to know she had come to her time.

Our Isis (Lab/Sheppard mix) is 12 years old and spoiled. Sometimes she struggles to bounce up from her laying on the floor position but I suspect she has mild arthritis. Her eyes are already slightly white but she definitely still has bounce in her step. She has become increasingly vocal when we come home...looking for attention. She is our only dog and does not get along well with other canines or pets. We appreciate her to no end.

That's the thing about companionship... something we must cherish. May Kaya rest in peace.

Ed
      Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
      Roger, I understand the loss as my experience has been that losing furry friends (and in my case a couple of feathered ones, too) can sometimes be harder than losing human friends.

Please accept my condolences.
      Thanks guys. I was just thinking about her as we are still finding black hair under furniture and in all the nooks and crannies around the house.
      Her legacy lives on!

My wife put together a collage and she's in many of the photos. They really do become part of the family.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

My dog Oreo loves Santa

No signature

Comment

our foo foo dogie meets our 8 month old granddaughter for first time

Eight month old granddaughter and family from California visiting for couple days.

We keept baby on our laps or on couch for first day, and let foo foo doggie see her and us holding her.

Today we let her on the floor and foo food doggie approach her. After a few sniffs and getting closer, and a few pats and such, doggie ran off and came back to share a doggie toy (the highest complement in the doggie world).

Mimi and Papa stayed nearby at the ready.
          No incidents despite the baby patting and smacking and pulling.
          The only thing we needed to intervene on was baby putting doggie toy in her mouth.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

195934_146078875460087_6830527_n by Tom Saunders, on Flickr

19667638_10155497059529184_8038201786656713993_o-1 by Tom Saunders, on Flickr

I had never seen this thread before and due to my bike being stored away for winter, I haven't had much to add to the forum and have just been browsing around. Anyway, here are two of many dogs I've had over the years.

The first is a picture of Zamboni who was one of my favorite dogs. An avid camper and napper, but possibly the most relevant memory I have of him is when he would bark at my dad as he drove up on his GS850L (which I've inherited). Zamboni would bark his head off and seemingly attempt to nip at my dad's ankles until he shut the bike off and dismounted. Generally, one of the quietest dogs I've encountered, but he had no patience for seeing my dad on that bike. As if to say, "Hey, I see you struggling on that thing. You're not strong enough to pick that thing up if you dump it!" My dad loved his GS850L, but in his later years he did struggle riding it and we, his family, sometimes worried. Zamboni never had an issue when I would take it out for a ride, but when it came to my dad he seemed to know better than any of us. Now I have the GS850L that my dad cherished and I'm in the process of catching up on years of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" type maintenance.

Well Zamboni passed away about four years ago, just before my dad passed away. Working on that bike always brings back fond memories of my dad and I know he'd be proud to see me learning how to maintain it properly.

And the second photo is of my current dog, Red. A heinz-57 who lived as a stray in Texas and eventually ended up in the Colorado high country at our local shelter. He's my closest companion and accompanies myself and my girlfriend on nearly every adventure we go on.
            1980 GS850L sigpic

Comment

Nice story from Colorado!

Considering what is going on in the world, I enjoyed reading how smart your dog Zamboni was...what a fond memory about how his senses told him that your dad struggled with the bike.

Beautiful pics...thank you.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Great post, Colorado!
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

IMG_4231 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Pearl got a bath this afternoon. She isn't too mad.
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I used to have 2 American Cocker Spaniels, Brady and Martha. But they died of old age and I never had a dog in my home ever since.

Comment

This is my dog Parker the Australian Cattle dog. His breed is actually a lot like the GS's. They have a long lifespan so they never die, They are super quick and agile, Very hardworking and never gives up, and very good looking!

IMG_0091.jpg

Comment

The Wiki bio also says they are very loyal and can be wary of strangers.
                        Sounds just like a GS i was trying to sell that ran great for me but on 2 separate occasions ran like crap when a potential buyer showed up. Still got the bike.

Nice looking dog.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Now that is not as cold, doggie will run around in back yard, in the tracks wife made for him (by shuffling along and stepping-packing it down). Made path around back yard and one straight back. Here he is headed back toward the back door.

When it was, say 10 degressF he would go out about half way and be back to the back door in about a minute.
                          When it way, say 0 or -5 or -10 degF he would go out about 1/4th the way, come back to just off the patio and then be jumping against the back door in about 30 seconds.

Now that is 20 or better, he enjoys running around several times.
                          WHen snow is deeper, we can sit inside and look out the window, when he is in one of the tracks going along the back of the yard, we can only see his ears bouncing-flopping along.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Our woofer, Otis:

Smart guy, half lab, quarter border collie and quarter german shepherd. He's an artist - he makes sculptures from sticks. My partner called him Otis because when she picked him up from the farm where he was born he was crying in the car until Otis Redding came on the radio and he calmed down.
                            1984 GSX750EF
                            2000 KTM 200 exc
                            2004 KLR 650
                            1992 XR600R

Comment

My new granddog, an american fox hound. Our terrier took a little while to warm up to him but they're getting along fine. Since my stepson, his wife and newborn son moved in a few weeks ago, the dogs had to learn to get along. This dog is stupid fast! It bolted out the door when I got home today and made it to the end of the street (150 feet) in three steps! LOL I started running after it then just turned to get the car. We had to make sure the fence was at least six feet high everywhere otherwise he'd easily fly over it.

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                My new granddog, an american fox hound. Our terrier took a little while to warm up to him but they're getting along fine. Since my stepson, his wife and newborn son moved in a few weeks ago, the dogs had to learn to get along. This dog is stupid fast! It bolted out the door when I got home today and made it to the end of the street (150 feet) in three steps! LOL I started running after it then just turned to get the car. We had to make sure the fence was at least six feet high everywhere otherwise he'd easily fly over it.

I once had a Siberian Husky. There was not a fence that could contain it. Over or under, if she wanted to go she did. A nice friendly dog, but wild AF....
                                sigpic
                                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260
                                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X