Dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 years old today.
    Max is definitely becoming an old dog. He is slowing down. The other day, my son and me took him for a walk. My son found a tennis ball by the tennis court and picked it up. Max got excited and my son threw the ball. Max then broke into a..... slow trot, and as the ball rolled further away, he lost interest. Thankfully, he is still a lovable, happy, goofball.
    http://Dog by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Pic altered to protect his Identity

germannn dog.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
        Kodiak-Guardian of the Sea.

We said goodbye to this beautiful creature today. 11 years with him was not nearly enough.

Thanks for a wonderful journey.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss Rich. He sure looked like a fine fellow.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

We said goodbye to this beautiful creature today. 11 years with him was not nearly enough.

Sorry for your loss....
            Been there a few times over my life, it never gets easier...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              Sorry for your loss....
              Been there a few times over my life, it never gets easier...
              Sorry Rich. One of the worst days in life. My 12 year old Shepherd. had what the vet said was a seizure a few days ago. She seems to have recovered fully but it is time to start working on the bucket list. Not sure I will get another one when the time comes.
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Thanks guys. It's a tough loss for sure. My poor wife, he was her baby.

bobroger, I never had a dog with seizures but have heard they are quite controllable, wishing you the best.

Kodiak was his loveable up until about 3 weeks ago. We had a bit of a notice but doesn't make it any easier.

He had a few tail wags left as we said goodbye.....we knew it was time.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Vmass. 11 years is a lifetime for our four-legged family members.

I hadn't said anything about our Isis but on Aug 31, 2019...she took her last breath.

It was heartbreaking and filled with many wonderful thoughts and memories...and lots of crying. She was 13.5 years old but we always anticipated more years...that wasn't to be.

We wrote her a letter and added a couple of parchment papers of all the traits she had and wonderful times she gave us. Wife and I are still in the grieving process but she is more prepared to get another more than me.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I'm sad to hear that. It's awful and I will always miss every one of them.
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Rich, Ed, sorry for the loss.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sorry, Rich. Always sad to lose a member of the family.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Oh Rich, I'm so sorry for your loss. Our dog is soon to be 11 years old. Dogs are the best thing ever!
                          No signature

Comment

Heartfelt sympathies, Rich.
                            Dogs rule!
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                              Sorry for your loss, Vmass. 11 years is a lifetime for our four-legged family members.

I hadn't said anything about our Isis but on Aug 31, 2019...she took her last breath.

It was heartbreaking and filled with many wonderful thoughts and memories...and lots of crying. She was 13.5 years old but we always anticipated more years...that wasn't to be.

We wrote her a letter and added a couple of parchment papers of all the traits she had and wonderful times she gave us. Wife and I are still in the grieving process but she is more prepared to get another more than me.

Ed
                              I like the idea of the letters. Memories can fade.
                              Sorry for your loss, Ed.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                I like the idea of the letters. Memories can fade.
                                Sorry for your loss, Ed.
                                Thank you, Steve.

We framed the letters and hung pictures above a small table (with her ashes) in the foyer of our house.

We welcomed Isis to our home less than a month after we moved into our house in 2006. She traveled to Italy for what would be my last duty assignment after 25 years of military service.

Lots of memories to cherish. We are grateful she was a part of our family.

Ed
                                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-17-2019, 05:55 AM.
                                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X