Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Regarding Sabbath, it’s pretty much impossible to overstate their influence on bands to follow, particularly in the stoner / doom genre I like so much.
    I saw Motörhead a few times, always a solid show with the best intro by Lemmy “we are Motörhead. We play rock and roll”’.
    After Lemmy was canned by "lol" Hawkwind and formed Motorhead i remember buying the first ep record they released, wish i still had that, me and a few mates were probably some of the very first Motorhead maniacs in the UK!! Sabbath was huge to the underlying metal fans, most of the biggies were still Hard Rock, Zep, Deep Purple, and prog Rock Yes, Genesis,ELP, yada yada.
    sigpic

RIP..Buster my buddy, i'll leave the door open just in case!

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      LAB3, Wrench, my weekend has pretty much been sh1t. This banter and music has given it a nice wrap up. Thanks.
      Thank you friend, music truly rocks and brings good people together in a good way.
      sigpic

RIP..Buster my buddy, i'll leave the door open just in case!

Comment

When I was in my late fourties I realized I let let my body slip out of shape and I saw this video. Iggy was 52 at the time it was filmed and I made a promise to myself "I'm gonna look like that by the time I hit 52!" There's only ONE Iggy and it's a tough thing to be in THAT kind of shape at ANY age but I got pretty damn close! Yeah, music can change a lot of attitudes...

Iggy Pop - Mask
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
          When I was in my late fourties I realized I let let my body slip out of shape and I saw this video. Iggy was 52 at the time it was filmed and I made a promise to myself "I'm gonna look like that by the time I hit 52!" There's only ONE Iggy and it's a tough thing to be in THAT kind of shape at ANY age but I got pretty damn close! Yeah, music can change a lot of attitudes...

Iggy Pop - Mask
          https://youtu.be/mbPu3aJXJDk
          Good for you, and I'm a long time Igg fan too. This I gotta say; I saw him on Austin City Limits, and was shocked to see he had one leg shorter than the other! Looked like he was like that all his life, I was shocked I never heard about it!
          The other was; he looked just like Moe Howard with a blond wig!!
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Good for you, and I'm a long time Igg fan too. This I gotta say; I saw him on Austin City Limits, and was shocked to see he had one leg shorter than the other! Looked like he was like that all his life, I was shocked I never heard about it!
            The other was; he looked just like Moe Howard with a blond wig!!
            Yeah I caught that show too. He certainly didn't do much moving at all and vocally he just seemed to be going through the motions. I'd like to think he wasn't feeling well but having recently turned 70 we gotta admit he's finally showing his age.

Comment

#TuvaSemmingsen #DNSO #FilmmusicLIVEThe Good, the Bad and the Ugly Composed by Ennio MorriconeVarious flutes: Hans Ulrik, Russell ItaniVocals: Tuva Semmingse...

Comment

Can't say I'm a big fan of piano blues but this one is flat out phenomenal. Slow & greasy, just the way I like it!

Mighty Sam McClain - When the Hurt is Over

Comment

My son at his recent HS jazz band concert.
                  Spain by Chick Corea

Sunflower by Post Malone/Swae Lee- arr. by my Max Rodichok
                  Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 05-05-2019, 09:47 PM.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Nice...

A date appropriate song...
                    <span style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);">
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I got to know Leslie a couple of decades ago, he was having a hard time of it but managed to get it back together. Gotta be tough to be a "one hit wonder" rock star.

Mountain - Mississippi Queen

Comment

Noticed this thread originally started with an RL Burnside tune, here's the very first time he was recorded. This was filmed by Alan Lomax Jr who ended up following in his father's footsteps by doing feild recordings of American folk music

RL Burnside - See My Jumper Hangin' on the Line

Comment

Justin Johnson on a home made three string guitar made from a shovel! Electric Delta sounding goodness.

Comment

Yeah, Justin Johnson he sells them shovel guitars if you dig havin one of yu own.
                            This miserable cold and rainy midwestern spring has me way down…
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Rich, great performance by your son. Not sure what he listens to , but Thank You Scientity is an interesting mess of jazz , rock and roll, and who knows what. They have I few songs I visit regularly.

LAB3 , I was not much of a Leslie West / Mountain fan. I was in a record store years ago and there was an awesome instrumental on their radio. Very guitar heavy. I asked and ended up buying the CD on the spot. This was the song.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Earlier this week a friend over in the Chicago area passed away suddenly. He was wheelchair bound, but travelled more then anyone I know. Always by car. Always loving life.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X