No announcement yet.

Sunday night music....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild and strange nights in the late 70s - early 80s. Days were same as now.
    In the mid 80s, autocross racing gave me gave me something to do in daylight.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

This one surprised me...
      Ronnie James Dio pre metal god days...
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Just got back from a Drive By Truckers show.

Phenomenal, they're arguably America's best rock and roll band at the moment.
        '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          This one surprised me...
          Ronnie James Dio pre metal god days...
          Had me in the first ten seconds. In 1965 I was into The Beatles, Stones, Mamas & Papas and Simon & Garfunkel, but I could appreciate some of the older stuff, "Leader of the Pack," Brian Hyland ("Sealed With a Kiss", polka-dot bikini).

Never heard of Ronnie Dio before, but he was definitely of his time. The fifties and sixties were far from perfect, but we all love the trappings of our youth. Nickel juke boxes and pinball machines. Now you need a credit card...
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

back to the 80s... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51gkF7eu_A

Comment

The 80's where pretty bland and unoriginal, there was some good stuff but nothing really groundbreaking, just a rehash of everything that came before it. The only solace for me was found in the underground and believe it or not THIS scene was only for the "cool kids" I was there when this was being filmed, still though, just a rehash...

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

My first show was in Dec. '71. It was all downhill from there. By the late '70's I was heavily disillusioned, may have seen them in the early '80's once. It just seemed like a heroin addict leading his band into one giant nod-off. Which is what it was. I've heard of times Jerry passed out in the middle of songs and they had to rush around to locate cocaine to wake him up.

I saw 'them' (Weir, Hart, Kreutzmann and Donna Jean) in the summer of 2016. John Mayer played lead guitar. He didn't play any of his own songs, but I can tell you this: there were a LOT of very young gorgeous women there who wouldn't know a Grateful Dead song if it bit them in the ass. In fact, I went with an old friend who took his twenty-something daughter.

Someone offered me a ticket (more than $100) for their Halloween show at Madison Square Garden a few weeks ago. I let him pay me to drive him to the train.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Sentimental fave:
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Woops, I'gone black…

King of the 80s:

Comment

Clip from Frank Zappa's 200 Motels, some dialogue NSFW. Music begins at 2:20

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

These guys came up on my Spotify this week. Pretty cool.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Some Sunday morning Jazz for you. My son had his first Jazz Concert at Kutztown U this week. These are 2 of the charts featuring Max’s improv skills.

Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Great solo Max!

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                              Frank Zappa's a little problematic for me. I certainly appreciate that he was a guitar virtuoso and could watch him play all day. Listened to Overnight Sensation and Zappa/Mothers Live many times. (Saw Flo and Eddie when they opened for Hot Tuna in the mid '70's. When they finished their set with Happy Together, we were all on our feet and I shouted to the guy next to me, "They're better than The Turtles!" "Sh-muck," he said, "they were The Turtles.")

There's that thing about him not showing proper respect (worshipping) John Lennon when John showed up unannounced very late at Zappa's home. Okay. But toward the end, he got a little wacky. I recall him doing an interview, I believe from his home, and when asked how he was, he said he had good days and bad days. So the interviewer asked him if it was wise that he still smoked cigarettes. "I don't think it's bad for us. I consider it like a food group or a vegetable," he replied.

Also, in the negative column, were all the times he performed live without playing guitar, just singing or conducting.

But back to the positive, he did well in addressing Congress concerning censorship, and I'll always remember very fondly his appearance on SNL. He appeared in a skit with Belushi and/or Aykroyd ("consuming mass quantities") and performed Slime Oozing Out of Your TV Set.

Can anyone remember the other song he played?

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post

Cool clip from a cool movie. Lot's of trivia details concerning that video/film.

Comment

Working...
                                X