No announcement yet.

Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of, the Daughter is 4 months along with another Girl!
    Last edited by marvinsc; 04-03-2018, 07:19 AM.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

OK, you forced me into it. I don't want anybody's knickers to get into a twist, THIS WAS A STAGED PHOTO-OP.

My son took his son down to the end of the block to meet his father-in-law. Parked the kid into Pa-paw's vehicle, then they rolled around the corner to where Mom was waiting. What could she say? It was her father "influencing the grandkid".

I haven't even taken his older siblings out for a ride yet, as they are not quite tall enough to reach the footpegs.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        OK, you forced me into it. I don't want anybody's knickers to get into a twist, THIS WAS A STAGED PHOTO-OP.

My son took his son down to the end of the block to meet his father-in-law. Parked the kid into Pa-paw's vehicle, then they rolled around the corner to where Mom was waiting. What could she say? It was her father "influencing the grandkid".

I haven't even taken his older siblings out for a ride yet, as they are not quite tall enough to reach the footpegs.

When my daughter was five she logged at least a thousand miles with me.

Most were short rides, but a couple were over 200 miles .

The bike had high-mounted full-size HD bags and a backrest so she was almost in a nest and strapped in with bungee cords.

When she got tired a blanket and more bungee cords kept her warm and safe. (yes, she had her own helmet)

Her mother decided against any more rides when we divorced, but she loved it so much that, when she got old enough, she took the course and bought her own bike
        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          My son took his son down to the end of the block to meet his father-in-law. ...................
          Same kiddo as post #48...?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yessir.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well, it has happened again

But now the kids are requesting it.

Yah, at first mention of "getting pizza", they both ask "can we have pizza bag hats?"

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

What a cool Grampa you are Redman!

Thanks for sharing your family pics with us.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thank you.

Your grandkids have taught me something new: pizza comes in bags!

Waaaay up here the store puts them in boxes and before I leave the store I always get told to keep it flat.
                  "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                  Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                    Everything about this pizza place is like they did in 1940-1950.
                    We like it, and now so do the grandkids, although their mom likes the other old pizza place in town. We are corrupting the grandkids against their mom har har har

Comment

One day a week, we pick up granddaughter from preschool (they live about 20 miles from us)

(car seat in gramma van)

And typically we go out for lunch, and then maybe playground, and then to their house for a few hours.

At lunch in recent months she has taken an interest in playing tic-tac-toe with Papa (me), although did not really understand at first.
                      But in recent weeks she has gotten the idea fairly well.
                      This week she got the idea that she can win more if she marks two at a time if I am not looking......

Not quite 4 years old, and trying to trick ol' Papa.
                      But all the giggling kinda gives it a way.

Last edited by Redman; 05-02-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Not My Personal Blog

Hey, this is not meant to be my personal blogg.

Anybody else can jump in.

(yah, I know, photobucket messed up most of the prior postings).

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Hey, this is not meant to be my personal blogg.

Anybody else can jump in.

(yah, I know, photobucket messed up most of the prior postings).
                          I see my grand kids once or twice a year because they live 700 miles away. Good thing we have video phones and text pictures back and forth. They grow so fast. One is in middle school, two in elementary, and one just learning to talk.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I realize we're very lucky to have our grand kids nearby. Except that that same nearNess is why I've had more diaper changing experiences than I need.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Shan and I opened the discussion of HAVING kids, likely just one. We will see...

So glad to see you having a great time with your grand kids Dave!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I enjoy this Blog, Redman! My wife and I do not have grand-kids...and our daughters aren't looking to have their own kids; they just don't want to have children for personal reasons.

Great news for you and your wife Jedz! No rush of course...things can change.

Ed
                                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X