No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baatfam for me, the colors are striking.

V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Baatfam for me this week.
      Redman's tower pic was really cool too. Actually several real great shots. Hard to choose just one.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Pretty sure it was Octain that sent me an anonymous message to vote for the photo with Weed in it.
        Charlie G get my vote this week.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Some pics overlooking a large area are great photos, must have involved some elevation, but somehow when look at picture, they don’t seem to say “high”.

are some pictures of something that is tall or high.
          maybe for my pic I should have said that is high voltage lines on a high tension tower.

for interesting pictures I keep coming back to Kerry and dorkburger.
          Dorkburger is interesting pic, but is a bit of a stretch to make it fit the catagory, although is a tall stained glass window.
          kerry kerfunk pic shows what effort he went to in order to capture “high/height”.
          har har I think Kerry’s pic would show the heights better if he stood on the wall and looked more straight down har har

will vote for Dorkburger for seeing the difficult photo situation and doing it well.
          Last edited by Redman; 10-12-2018, 02:55 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            har har I think Kerry’s pic would show the heights better if he stood on the wall and looked more straight down har har
            This was about as good as I could get from that perspective. Yes, the bike was standing up against the wall
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

My top three are BCCP, Baatfam and Dorkburger. The subtle silhouette reflection of the motorcycle seat beneath the window clinch the win for me in Dorkburger's stainglass window "high". Great photos guys!
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Charlie, how was the rafting trip?
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Charlie, how was the rafting trip?

Froze the first two days and then I used a dry suit and the weather warmed up. It's alot more fun now than it was in the drizzeling rain the first day. 35 miles in 4 days. 12 people in 2 rafts, 6 kayaks, and one Catamaran. 3 people over 60 and the rest under 35, working like a Swiss watch paddling, cooking and partying! Dry camping, cooking in dutch ovens and propane stoves. I'm doing a lot better after the shower last night.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Nice. Sounds like a good time........ but a lot of work.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

You guys are taking this game to another level, great pictures and hard to pick just one. I have to go with the DORKBURGER! Charlie a close second, Dave and Trevor third. I like them huge windmills too.
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Saturday
                        Vote Tally

DaveR 1, CharlieG 2, Dorkburger 5, BCCAP 1, Baatfam 3, Burgue 1, Trevor 1.

Congratulations Mr Glen Dorkburger, a well deserved repeat winner.
                        Let us know what fun subject-topic-theme you might have for us this week.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks fellas. Out on a college tour.
                          Ill post a pic later.
                          Theme is going to be Halloween / harvest.
                          sigpic

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                            You guys are taking this game to another level, great pictures and hard to pick just one.
                            That's true. Being new to this thread, its clear now that successful pics are not always just a result of serendipity from a point and shoot snapshot but from a calculated effort to plan, search out and go to a place for it. Then composing the image carefully and photo manipulation at home. Tough competition. Its good to know that in the Campfire we are all winners. Nice job Dorkburger.
                            1979 GS1000
                            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Vote For Eduardo!

Originally posted by dorkburger
                              Theme is going to be Halloween / harvest.
                              Meet "Live to Ride" Eduardo. I suppose if you're wearing a half-helmet, it doesn't matter whether you buckle or not.
                              Pumpkin handpainted by my daughter. Porch decorated by my wife.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Well, thanks again all.
                                While I'd love to take credit for photo skills, the truth is, that shot was somewhat lucked into.

I headed out last Sunday intending to make an image I saw in my mind while picking up my son earlier in the evening, which turned out to be a non starter. I passed that mausoleum on the way and was somewhat taken by the giant lighted glass, so I went back. Some scoping out of the scene was required as the building was high up on a grassy hill. I parked the bike and first did a couple of test shots to see if the image would even show up. One confirmed, then to check out to see if I could get the bike up there. To my happy surprise I found that there was a sidewalk around the whole building. Then I got a good chuckle.
                                Those that photograph things in potentially sketchy situations know the inner tension that sometimes arises in the situation.....that combination of fear and excitement.... when I got on the bike to ride to the back of the building to access the sidewalk, there was a shadowy person in the distance..... I played it off as I was checking my phone and planned to leave. When I turned the key on however, it was just a statue of the Virginia Mary looking my way. Game on! I rode to the back, then shut off the bike so I could quietly walk it around to the front and took a bunch of pictures. I was initially disappointed. I had hoped the camera flash would illuminate the bike, but as taken it hardly showed up at all. Once I got home and played with the image, I was absolutely thrilled with the way that the top line of the bike was silhouetted. Better then what I had initially hoped to achieve.
                                I'm my own worst critic, but this is one of the few of my pictures I've taken recently that I continue to look at and like. It wasn't intended to be a religious statement or iconic imagery. It was the color and scale that sucked me in. The fact that it looks like Jesus is gesturing toward the bike was just awesome.

Anyway, if I haven't bored everyone to death.... this week's subject is Halloween / harvest as noted earlier.
                                This is one of my favorite Riding Game tags taken, a few years ago in Maryland when I was there for a work rerecertification.
                                http://20141007_071922 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X