No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you should mention that, Steve. The balloon fiesta started yesterday but the wind took the balloons North from where I was. Maybe next weekend I can get some pics of them.

We tend to somewhat avoid the area (if we remember to) but it's such a spectacular sight we still go at least one morning out of the 10 day event. I got stuck in the evening event traffic (balloon glow) after taking a careless turn yesterday on the bike. Sitting, waiting, squeeze clutch and half release then squeeze again ... What a traffic mess. Four lanes at a dead stop. I made it to the shoulder and hopped onto the sidewalk (in front of four cops gulp) and turned around. No pedestrians in sight and the police said nothing. The KLX handles like a bicycle compared to the 850. Anyway, after heading back West away from the balloon park I cut back through the north valley and was on my way.
    Last edited by Burque73; 10-07-2018, 10:00 AM.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

It's funny how the bike's colors sort of blend into the background colors in the last couple of photos. If I had waited another week, the green would be turning to yellow. Bob, your is a great shot!
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Nice shots Guys!
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

This pic is from the rugged northeast corner of Lake Superior. Like the "spiritual" theme, what is unseen in it is the intoxicating experience of riding solo, 3 days out, settled comfortably on a perfectly tuned bike on an empty, twisting, rising, falling highway, drinking in the in-the-moment sensations of scenery, cool misty valleys and crisp sunny higher higher elevations. It was about being alive.

Last edited by DaveR; 10-07-2018, 11:42 AM.
          1979 GS1000
          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

This picture was taken during the Ice Burg rally at Sandy's. Not sure where exactly, but I was captivated by the peak behind Suzie Q. I put a little over 2,000 miles on her that trip.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

A high totem pole complete with an eagle sitting on top. There are a lot of eagles in the heart of the city. A few years ago one scooped a steak off of the plate beside my barbecue on the balcony........

Last edited by bccap; 10-07-2018, 07:18 PM.
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

One of my favorite mountain vistas in this area. Probably the best I'll get this week.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

GSR rally in 2014 to John Day Or.

No signature

Comment

Getting some good stuff this week....
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Trevor, those black lines in the upper/left, bottom/right bug me....

Here:

Last edited by Baatfam; 10-08-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Trevor, those black lines in the upper/left, bottom/right bug me....

Here:

Thanks, I don't know where those came from....cheers
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Thanks, I don't know where those came from....cheers
                          Looks like artifacts from the panorama thing...(good practice for me, thanks)

Comment

Higher power? Blessing of the GS from on high?
                            http://GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              Higher power? Blessing of the GS from on high?
                              I know I've said it here before, but I know for a fact that Jesus would ride a 1981 Suzuki GS 1000 GL.

"Why's that?" you ask.

"I'll tell you," I say.

Suzuki GS code for 1981 is the letter X. X is the first letter of the Greek word Christ.
                              GS obviously means "God's Son"
                              1000 is ten times ten times ten... a trinity of a perfect number.
                              And GL of course means "God's Love."

Irrefutable and indisputable.
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Uhhhhhhh, Ok......
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X