No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. I'm at the office and using excel anyway. So here's how the submissions/voting breaks down.
    Capture.JPG
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Hey guys,
      wouls everyone be ok with a panoramic photo?
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Hey guys,
        Sure, why not! I can't speak for everybody, but this could be fun. Panoramic as the theme or a panoramic shot of the subject?
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Trevor is in Ontario right now and asked me to post up his panorama for him......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Well, I will try and get out do this, somehow...depending on the weather, of course.

I've done a few panoramas, but not being a fan, it's not something I am real experienced with.

I'll have to find the instructions for my camera and see how to do it....

Of course the development time for the film really cramps my timeline here....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Hey guys,
              Okay? With the sample pic being a pano? Sure.
              Okay? With the subject-theme-catagory being a pano? Ah, that pretty much assumes smart phone or fairly good digital camera. But I suppose that doesnt eliminate too many folks.
              I have done a few pano shots to include all of a scene, and was not happy with the distortion, didnt really show what I was seeing, so havent done it much. Have found other ways to show the scene. So I have only a few pano shots. But can be fun to see what others have done.

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Trevor is in Ontario right now and asked me to post up his panorama for him......
              But we dont have clairifcation of of what is the subject-catagory-theme.
              Last edited by Redman; 10-27-2018, 05:22 PM. Reason: But can be fun to see

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                With the sample pic being a pano? Sure.
                With the subject-theme-catagory being a pano? Ah, that pretty much assumes smart phone or fairly good digital camera. But I suppose that doesnt eliminate too many folks.

show us a cool panoramic shot. I don’t think it needs to anything other than that.
                No signature

Comment

With the subject-theme-catagory being a pano? Ah, that pretty much assumes smart phone or fairly good digital camera. But I suppose that doesnt eliminate too many folks.
                  Well anything that can take a picture will work, (and yes, even my 1955 camera would work), but you need the software to put it together. Windows paint won't do it.

And I agree we need a little clarification on the theme....

Comment

A panorama is stitched together photos as far as I know but I'm sure an extreme wide angle will do as well. Good chance for me to try out the 20mm lens I bought a few years ago and still haven't taken out of the box.....
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

My grandfather showed me (when I was a young teenager) a panographic photo of his boot camp (or something) from World War 1 (The Great War, before knew had to number them), and he showed me his buddy in the picture twice. Apparently this guy knew that when they had them line up along the circle on the field for the picture what was going to happen, so after the camera went past him he ducked down and ran to the other end and stood up on that end, so he showed up in the picture twice. I did not understand that at all when my grandpa told me that, I didnt know if he was joking or what. So I dis some study of panographic photos (you know, look up the subject on the cards in the file in the libary, dewey decimal, then go find a book an a shelf).
                      In those old camears that turned on a tripod, the film would be pulled thru the camera while it turned. It didnt have a round aperture opening/shutter, but had a slit for a aperture to expose just a narrow vertical slit.
                      Okay. Now I am a boring old guy, yacking about some fact nobody asked about.
                      But anyway, with that undeerstanding, it made it easier to understand how a digital camera can produce the pano image.
                      Last edited by Redman; 10-27-2018, 05:17 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Well anything that can take a picture will work, (and yes, even my 1955 camera would work), but you need the software to put it together. Windows paint won't do it.

And I agree we need a little clarification on the theme....
                        I use PTGui. There is a trial version you can try for free { or download the full version off Piratebay if you don't care like me } I'm pretty sure Canon's Photostitch is free as well though it isn't as sophisticated as PTGui. Just make sure you switch the camera to manual so the photos you stitch together have the same exposure settings........
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                          I use PTGui. There is a trial version you can try for free { or download the full version off Piratebay if you don't care like me } I'm pretty sure Canon's Photostitch is free as well though it isn't as sophisticated as PTGui. Just make sure you switch the camera to manual so the photos you stitch together have the same exposure settings........
                          I've got one camera that will do them internally, and several programs that will do it. Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, and Affinity Photo (I think).
                          But, I don't have anything on hand, because they don't interest me. Hopefully I can get out this week. If I do, I know where I will go.

Comment

To further clarify, "panoramic" is a wider field of vision that you would get from a "normal" shot, and is NOT 'just' a picture that is very wide.

This is not a panoramic, correct?

it's just a "normal" picture cropped:
                            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              To further clarify, "panoramic" is a wider field of vision that you would get from a "normal" shot, and is NOT 'just' a picture that is very wide.

This is not a panoramic, correct?

it's just a "normal" picture cropped:
                              Sure my friend....take away my bad weather option...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                Sure my friend....take away my bad weather option...
                                I aim to please 8-)
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X