No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was taken on August 2009 at Lower Klamath Lake in North California.

Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge by soates50, on Flickr
    Last edited by Sandy; 10-30-2018, 11:19 AM.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      Soooo. Have you taken the TUX out and tried a rolling panorama at low speed yet??? LOL.
      LOL I should try that! Issue being its so cold now I'm dressed up like a deep sea diver... Maybe my Sena cam? That going to make Dave's pic look like a master piece!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        >>> later note.
        Welcome to my weirdness.
        You're not alone.....
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Seems that are a few folks here that would like to discuss making pano images with digital camera or smartphone.
          Have started another thread about that so it not clutter up this gamne, and so the discussion can go beyound this week.

Last edited by Redman; 10-30-2018, 07:07 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This is the best that I could do with what I have. I caught this photo of an untamed TTR 125 in the wild.

Last edited by gustovh; 11-02-2018, 02:38 AM.
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post

This pic was taken a few years ago on an unseasonably warm Oct day when harvest was in full swing. The good wife had baked a fresh apple pie and mused how it would be nice if it could be in her brothers field at lunch time, some 200 miles away. I thought that sounded like an excellent idea for a fall day trip. The bike is an '81 Honda Silverwing Interstate PDV. (pie delivery vehicle)
              That is a good story, Dave.
              I bet they were pleasantly surprised when you rolled up on the PDV.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

.................................................. ............................................. how it would be nice if it could be in her brothers field at lunch time, some 200 miles away. .............
                Nice pic and story.
                Although the main objective of the posting is the picture, I think the story needs to include one more detail: What condition was the pie after a 200 mile ride in the PDV....?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice pic and story.
                  Although the main objective of the posting is the picture, I think the story needs to include one more detail: What condition was the pie after a 200 mile ride in the PDV....?
                  I bet it was missing a slice! 🙄
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    That is a good story, Dave.
                    I bet they were pleasantly surprised when you rolled up on the PDV.
                    They were Steve.
                    It was wrapped in bubble pack inside one of those round metal containers that Danish shortbread is sold in and then cushioned in a fleece jacket, all which fitted snuggly in the top box. It arrived in perfect shape, flakey crust and all. I got a slice then.
                    1979 GS1000
                    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Picture it in your mind......
                      A long tall bridge rising over a river. It starts at ground level and rises to 150 feet at the center then drops back down. Said bridge has a bike (bicycle) lane and is lined with gooseneck style streetlights. Now picture a bike at the top, under a streetlight in a panoramic view. On either side the bridge falls out of view, and in the background are twinkling lights on either side of the Raritan Bay.
                      That's what was in my mind. I rode there and it was a no go. The lights were way too dim, and it was an unsafe spot to work in (traffic).

With no plan B I rode into Perth Amboy of all places and got this, the equivalent of a teacher saying hand something in when one bombs at an assignment . I got some better lit shots at a train station, but they were visually boring....
                      Trevor, you picked a challenging topic. I thought about it a lot this week, and learned a bit. Thanks.

http://GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Picture it in your mind......
                        A long tall bridge rising over a river. It starts at ground level and rises to 150 feet at the center then drops back down. Said bridge has a bike (bicycle) lane and is lined with gooseneck style streetlights. Now picture a bike at the top, under a streetlight in a panoramic view. On either side the bridge falls out of view, and in the background are twinkling lights on either side of the Raritan Bay.
                        That's what was in my mind. I rode there and it was a no go. The lights were way too dim, and it was an unsafe spot to work in (traffic).

With no plan B I rode into Perth Amboy of all places and got this, the equivalent of a teacher saying hand something in when one bombs at an assignment . I got some better lit shots at a train station, but they were visually boring....
                        Trevor, you picked a challenging topic. I thought about it a lot this week, and learned a bit. Thanks.

http://GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        You are welcome my friend. Great pic!
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Hey guys,
                          wouls everyone be ok with a panoramic photo?.........................

And to compile the other entries:

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                          Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

>

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

)

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                          and more ......
                          Last edited by Redman; 11-02-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

And two more:

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Last edited by Redman; 11-02-2018, 12:37 PM. Reason: include Keerfunk

Comment

Nice turnout....Good stuff. Gonna have to think about this one a bit.
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'll toss a vote in for Glen (Dorkburger). Your pic kinda has a post apocalyptic vibe to it.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X