No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, although I was able to crop out the signs of the car itself, I don't have any of the fancy editing tools most have so I couldn't get rid of the last obvious sign this picture was taken through a windshield. Obviously the county road maintenance hadn't been out here in awhile though

Riding through Harshman Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Medora Brick Plant
      With trees growing on top and all around

THese brick structures are visible at some distance off of Tunnelton(?) Road west of Medora Indiana.
      I stopped there myself in 2015 (when had old digital camera, 640 pixle)
      This is after after having past bye on group rides on at least a couple other previous years at Brown County.

THen I stopped there in 2016 along with Adam LoudET, Indy Bob and Norm Storm.
      Are 5 or six of the brick kilns, and a couple other buildings and a rail car loading place.
      <<not an entry>>

Is interesting to see, and many photo ops, and places that could be hazardous to take bike.

The place was in operation for decades. 1904 to 1990. Has sat idle since .

Save The Medora Brick Plant. 1,015 likes. This page is to help bring our community together to help save our history!!!
      Last edited by Redman; 11-11-2018, 11:25 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Great pics so far. Hope I get a chance to do something this week. Just to clarify, the rules as posted in post #1 rule 8 states:

"The date of the picture does not matter, or who took the pic. You can use new or old pics as long as you've got the bike in the pic (or as much of the bike as necessary for the theme) and they meet the week's theme."

has there been any change to this rule?

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          "The date of the picture does not matter, or who took the pic. You can use new or old pics as long as you've got the bike in the pic (or as much of the bike as necessary for the theme) and they meet the week's theme."

has there been any change to this rule?
          The main idea is that this is something of a photo contest-game, is not a riding game, is not a tag game (the rules do not specifically say it that way, but that is what what discussed-implied at the start). The rules specifically say does not have to be a current picture, a picture that you already have is acceptable. THe rules say has to include your bike (or your bike at the time).

Later it was said that it doesn't have to be a picture you took, does need to be your bike (this was decided after some guys submitted picture their wife took that included them). And at that time Roger Burque did amend the original posting to include "or who took the picture".

So, No.

Last edited by Redman; 11-11-2018, 11:25 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks Dave.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Yes Rich, as Dave said, it is more of photo contest/game involving bikes, not so much a riding game.
              A lot of the time, I'll have a better picture on file, than anything I could take this week.
              So most of the pictures I've used, have been shot weeks, months, or even years ago.

In case you guys are interested, my favorite camera forum has a great thread of motorcycle pictures: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/show-motorcycles.7861/

It's about 50 pages long and the pictures get better the further in you go....
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Looks like the weather is not going to cooperate this week, so something from the vault.

Found this little cabin? shack? home? by a little creek, this past summer...

Blazing mid-day sun made this a little tricky to develop...

Panasonic GX1, 12-32mm at 12mm, ISO 200, 1/125 f/5
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Here is my entry for photo of the week. The overgrown bush was taken in my driveway. I'm the neighbor that trims the shrubbery once a year whether it needs it or not. I mow my lawn when I deem it necessary. Not when the township zoning tells me to. My neighbors are great, they understand my summer time priorities and lawn maintenance is not one of them. "There he goes again on his motorcycle"��

note: after looking at the picture. I'm not sure why my spokes look rusty? Trust me they are not...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by storm 64; 11-13-2018, 12:40 PM.
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Weathers not cooperating here either for riding the bike and probably won't until something like late April. LOL. I've started scanning slides again, good winter project, and came up with one from 1983 that really doesn't fit theme that well except that the posty was complaining about having to beat his way through the hedge to deliver the mail. I was single then and yard maintenance was not high on my list of important stuff. Anyway, it's a 1968 BSA A65 Lightning that I bought from a friend that got it in boxes and sold it to me pretty cheap. I put it back together as is to see if everything was there and surprisingly the only thing missing was one of the throttle cable collets. Actually rode it a few hundred miles, ughh, then took it apart again to do a proper restore on it when somebody offered me far more than I thought it was worth so it moved on again in pieces. Made some good money on that little escapade and didn't have worry about riding it again.

by soates50, on Flickr
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

You can see that nature was trying to take a few things back from my old driveway, lol.. My motorcycle trailer, a '67 Cougar, My garage, and h3ll, even the driveway itself...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

The lumber mill in town closed in the last part of the 50s. I believe that the motorcycle should be just as important in the picture as the subject. So here is my entry, The trees that look like they are growing behind the structure are actually growing up through the middle of the building. So here is the homeless hotel.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Crap, I don't have access to the pics of my 82 920 Virago that I took at some of the abandoned industrial sites around Flint, those rocked!
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

With crazy work hours still... (12-16 hours a day, 6 days a week) plus the weather I haven't been able to explore none the less have time to do much of anything.

So here was a nasty winter storm a couple of years back that obviously took over... And the TUX defiantly pushed through it! It was allot of fun riding home on that one...
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I found a section of power poles being overtaken by nature.

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I'll vote for Redman's this week
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X