No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to have to go with Trevor's "Swallowed by Nature" photo this week.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

A slew of great photos again, with 5-6 that I think are really special. Tough choices.

trevor, the crashed bike is a hard won picture. Lots of emotion and story there...Although I don't know if nature was taking over, or the bike was crashing the gates....

Scott, (marvinsc), great to have you in the game. I really like your photo because your KLR's color and the house color work together.
      I might have cropped out the right and the bottom, getting rid of a lot of the road and the sign. I may try it later.

Redman, you always sell your photos with a great story, or historical facts, this time was no different.

Jedz123, dang nice exposure under tricky conditions. Makes me feel that nature might win.

My vote will got to gustovh, however. I love the lighting in that shot. The direction and color are just great. Good eye seeing that.
      The gold of the low sun reflecting on the bike, the matching colors on the old building. Very nice. I wish the sky wasn't blown out, but that could be fixed.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I struggled with this one. Jedz had the drama of nature nailed down firmly but my vote goes to Baatfam. The lighting through the trees and composition gave it the edge for me.....
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          A slew of great photos again, with 5-6 that I think are really special. Tough choices.

trevor, the crashed bike is a hard won picture. Lots of emotion and story there...Although I don't know if nature was taking over, or the bike was crashing the gates....

Scott, (marvinsc), great to have you in the game. I really like your photo because your KLR's color and the house color work together.
          I might have cropped out the right and the bottom, getting rid of a lot of the road and the sign. I may try it later.

Redman, you always sell your photos with a great story, or historical facts, this time was no different.

Jedz123, dang nice exposure under tricky conditions. Makes me feel that nature might win.

My vote will got to gustovh, however. I love the lighting in that shot. The direction and color are just great. Good eye seeing that.
          The gold of the low sun reflecting on the bike, the matching colors on the old building. Very nice. I wish the sky wasn't blown out, but that could be fixed.

Thank you that is how I saw it.

V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

"trevor, the crashed bike is a hard won picture. Lots of emotion and story there...Although I don't know if nature was taking over, or the bike was crashing the gates...."

Crashing the gates? Nah, I think it was more like, the bike was stuffed down natures freakin' throat...
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Bob, Batfam gets my vote. That pic made me stop and stare........
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

MarvinSC, Again, Welcome to the game.

Please take this as encouragement. No offence meant by the following:

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Scott, (marvinsc), great to have you in the game. I really like your photo ....................
                I might have cropped out the right and the bottom, getting rid of a lot of the road and the sign. I may try it later.........
                Ha!
                I thought about the same thing, and already had edited the pic. ALthough I was thinking that the road on the bottom added little and could have instead included more of the trees in the upper part of the frame.

I suppose the picture was taken more for abandoned-house-on-side-of-road, and is fine for that documentary purposes.

Had the picture been composed-framed more like this, my vote for this week would have been made up in sort order.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  I like the "nature taking over" pictures that have extended overgrowth ..............
                  Yours did show Nature Taking Over.
                  Not so much with overgrowth, but with Erosion and gravity taking over, over powering civil engineering and structural strength.

Last edited by Redman; 11-16-2018, 09:31 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Ha!
                    I thought about the same thing, and already had edited the pic. ALthough I was thinking that the road on the bottom added little and could have instead included more of the trees in the upper part of the frame.

I suppose the picture was taken more for abandoned-house-on-side-of-road, and is fine for that documentary purposes.

Had the picture been composed-framed more like this, my vote for this week would have been made up in sort order.
                    Yes, I didn't try to remove the sign, just crop it out, but a very similar change....

Comment

JEDZ gets my vote... that crazy son of a gun! 👍
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

And the votes are in!
                        I count 13 submissions, and 15 votes.
                        And I counted twice, at least, to arrive at the following:

One (1) vote each for marvinsc and Redman,
                        Two (2) votes each for gustovh and trevor,
                        Four (4) votes for runnerup Jedz,
                        and five (5) votes for this week's winner, Baatfam! This is Bob's fourth win this year.

Congrats, Bob, for your Triumphant shack-in-the-woods.

What do you give for our theme this Thanksgiving (US) week?
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                          And the votes are in!
                          I count 13 submissions, and 15 votes.
                          And I counted twice, at least, to arrive at the following:

One (1) vote each for marvinsc and Redman,
                          Two (2) votes each for gustovh and trevor,
                          Four (4) votes for runnerup Jedz,
                          and five (5) votes for this week's winner, Baatfam! This is Bob's fourth win this year.

Congrats, Bob, for your Triumphant shack-in-the-woods.

What do you give for our theme this Thanksgiving (US) week?
                          I concur. My count is the same....(And curiously, I don't think Dave, (Redman), voted this week.)

But, thanks everyone, that was a great theme....

And for this week?

Oh, crap...why don't I ever have a plan in case I win? Hmmmmm...I'll have something later today...

Comment

OK...I want to do a theme our northern friends could pull off, if the weather is bad....

I want to do something more artistic...something a little different.

Pick out your favorite bike and show us why you think it is beautiful.
                            Give us an interesting, artistic, or sales brochure shot. Think "Glamour Shot," or "Print Ad."
                            Close up and detailed, or the whole bike...let see what we can do.

Below are few examples I stole from this thread, at one of my photography forums....

Still have to figure out my entry....

Comment

So Glamour Shot that we shoot of our own bike, right?
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Great theme!

Not sure if this can be accepted or not...this is a pic of my Cooley that was used for the ICBC calendar but it was not taken by me...

I'll get another one if it's not ok....I had this pic blown up and is on my garage wall.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X