No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure is hard to choose just one but I like Baatfam's pic.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Voting for Jedz.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm going with Steve's. If I could.choose 2 Baatfam's would be the other. I love the composition with narrow road disappearing into the canopy of trees. I think the composite is slightly better with the whole bike in Steve's picture.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Sandy - I have ridden roads like that in California and Arizona. Looking forward to doing more of them in the PNW later this summer.
          Baatfam - I have been on that road. Enjoy doing it every time I get back in the area.
          Cowboyup - I have been on that stretch of road, too. Not many curves in that picture, just a promise of some ahead.
          Steve - Hey, I have been on THAT road, too. Was an enjoyable ride on my way to get one of Allie's muffins.
          fastbysuzuki - I have not been on that road (yet). Have been on similar roads here, have enjoyed most of them.
          londonboards - FANTASTIC road. I have seen pictures many times on the web. Have been on a few roads with switchbacks, but that one takes the cake.
          Jedz - Yeah, I have been on that road, too. That bridge was one of the engineering wonders of the world when it was built. GREAT color and composition.
          Burque73 - Not sure if I have been on that particular stretch of road, but there is a LOT of similar stuff out there. It's been a while.
          Redman - in all the time I spent in California, I never did make it up to Palomar. It was on my list, but never made it. Usually went north or west.
          trevor - have not been on that road yet, but will look for that spot in August, when we go by there.

Yeah, nice bunch of pictures. Many of them bring back memories because I have actually been on that road or on roads very similar.

For pure photgraphic quality, Jedz wins for most vibrant colors, while also showing his bike on an interestingly-curved bridge. Bridge history and details HERE.

For peg-scratching excitement on a grand scale, londonboards wins with Stelvio Pass, but it's really hard to see his bike. oops:

The challenge this week was "something twisty". Although the curves are not particularly sharp, I'm going to be selfish and vote for ME.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I like Sandy's...
            No signature

Comment

Saturday. Tally.
              10 submissions.

9 of those same voted, and so did one more (which is fine) for a total of 10 votes.
              A lot of comments about being many good choices.

Battfam & Sanday & Londonboard, one vote each.
              And, late in the day, was a three way tie with 2 votes each for Steve and for Jedz and for Trevor.
              And then in came a vote for Steve to give him 3 votes, ....... and we will assume that vote was based on the fine merits of the photo.

Steve, what do you have for us next, from all your travels, adventures, and many bikes?
              Last edited by Redman; 03-31-2018, 07:41 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

OK, I am finally home for the day and see that it's my turn again.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                ... and we will assume that vote was based on the fine merits of the photo.
                Yes, Dave, it was. As I mentioned in my vote post, there were many other good ones, and I noticed that I was not the first one to vote for me, so others apparently thought it had some merit, too. I also did not do any kind of tally to see if my vote would be a tie-breaker, I just cast my vote and let the chips fall where they may.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Steve, what do you have for us next, from all your travels, adventures, and many bikes?
                Had to go back to review previous topics and look through what I already had on file, as the weather is still not good enough to go get a fresh picture.

How about WATER? Large or small, moving or still.

This was also in the Adirondacks, just around the corner from last week's entry.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Yes, Dave, it was.......................
                  How about WATER? ................
                  har har, just pestering you.

Water? hum, might have some of those.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here's a shot of a creek near Placitas, NM and my former 2002 V-Strom.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

My Triumph back in 2011 next to the Fox River in Northern IL. Just a little Fujifilm point and shoot camera, but I think it came out OK.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Um, yah it came out "ok". Love the bright yellow bike contrasting with blue sky/ water and green foliage. I used to work in Joliet at a 76 refinery. We'd fish in the fox river on days off.

My pic this week was taken in October when leaves had already mostly fallen.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Photo taken near S Michael's on wyre, stating the obvious river wyre in background.

Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 04-01-2018, 01:52 PM.
                          The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                          1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                          past bikes. RF900
                          TL1000s
                          Hayabusa
                          gsx 750f x2
                          197cc Francis Barnett
                          various British nails

Comment

Well living on an Island makes it easy to find pics with water..lol...the challenge was to choose just one...but I chose this one of my 750 taken 4-5 years ago...about a 10min ride from my house....this is just outside Brentwood Bay, by an old churche with the Pacific ocean in the background...always liked this pic... Btw I'm really enjoying this thread.

No signature

Comment

Great shots so far this week folks. Here's mine. Ellery Lake, Elev 9530' at Tioga Pass in North California on route to Yosemite NP.

by soates50, on Flickr
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I'm finding that I don't have nearly as many usable pics for this thread as I thought....
                                Anyway, here is mine. Clearly not a contender considering the beauties posted so far.

Watkins Glen NY. Seneca Lake in the background.
                                http://Suzuki gs by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X