No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, can't decide. Scrolling back and forth for twenty minutes now. For me it's a toss up between Gustovh and Charlie G.

I'm going with the Golden Wing. Charlie G this week.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
      Lots of great pics this week..
      That's for sure. Its not often I don't look back at my bike after a ride and think of it as something of great beauty. It looks like many others might do the same.
      Its difficult to decide on one, I'll try again later..
      1979 GS1000
      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Ha, this is killing me too.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

BTW...We had a record 17 entries this week. Considering the theme, and the short holiday week, (in the U.S.), that is pretty impressive.

Still deciding myself...tricky business, this.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Enough dithering..
            ''..an interesting, artistic, or sales brochure shot. Think "Glamour Shot," or "Print Ad.''
            After pondering a 7 pic short list, all successful in at least one or more of the requirements, the nod (imho) goes to Jedz Triumph.
            My apologies to the other 6, all worthy images.
            1979 GS1000
            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

All great entries, I am torn between Jedz and Steve Murdoch, giving the nod to Steve mostly because of the subject. Love the Old 1000's.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Storm 64 gets my vote this week.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

So many good photos....

Tevor's shot would be my number one choice, IF it was shot by one of us.
                  It is a great picture, but knowing it was a professional, I guess I am holding it to a higher standard, and there are a couple things I didn't like. (Specifics upon request)

Both Gustovh's and Charlie G's photos are both bathed in wonderful, golden light.

Redman's and Burque73's photos are almost the same crop, reversed.

Dorkburger, storm 64, kerrfunk, and Rich82GS750TZ, were "closer" than most, (pun intended), to what I had in mind, with Rich's B&W shot being my favorite.

Sandy's is a classic I've always liked, along with several other nice, whole bike shots, steve mudock, bonazadave, cowboyup, marvinsc, and fastbysuzuki.

But, if I look at this strictly as something from a magazine ad, my vote goes to Jedz. Just add the magazine copy...(another contest?)
                  Last edited by Baatfam; 11-23-2018, 01:50 PM.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I vote Jedz
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'm going to go with Sandy's this week as it reminds me of the 1978 cut-a-way center fold motorcycle magizine ads for the GS850 when it came out. Mind you this is an extremely hard choice to make this week! My regards to Kerfunk, fastbysuzuki, Bonanzadave, gustov, steve murdoch, Baatfam and all!
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for posting the record 17 pix, Baatfam! And thanks for the honorable mentions. I enjoyed telling the tale of my 700E, and I was proud of my humble works.

Nice topic!

My vote is for Sandy​. I love the semitransparent effect!
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I loved the golden sunset or sunrise lighting on Gustovh and Charlie’s cycles.
                          Trevor’s is lovely, and I definitely would enjoy seeing it daily for a month.
                          The two that I keep coming back to are Baatfam’s and Storm’s. Pretty much a toss up, but I’m voting for Storm 64. That bike looks impeccable! I also like the color of the sun on the tank.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Wow. Great bunch of photos this week and a tough call as well. I'm going with marvinsc as that photo to me just screams "Come and ride me'.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

T r e v o r
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Some more great pics.

But using a tie breaker of what pose might be in a sales brouchure,
                                brings me back to kerfunk.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X