X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandy gets my vote this week.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Theres some really cool pics this week but I like Sandy's the best.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Sandy gets my vote also, great picture Sandy.

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Sandy gets my vote
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I'm going with Trevor's week. I like the fact he went panaorama on a shot most poeple would have gone much closer on. It gives the picture depth, openness and a great sense of space and solitude.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

It was a toss-up between Burque, Sandy, and Trevor.
              Voting for Trevor. That sky goes on forever.....

I also liked Jedz name sign. There is a Brenner court about 30 miles from me, but I never pass it on the bike.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks for the votes guys...I'm voting for Sandy...you take such good pics buddy, a wonderful eye...plus I lust after your 1000..
                No signature

Comment

Yeah there few battling for second in my mind this week, but number one for me is Sandy. Just a breath taking shot. Hoping one day I can visit a place like that...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Five pictures really get my attention this week, all great pics for various reasons.

Keerfunk is best picture ABOUT a sign.
                    Sandy is best picture that includes a sign that is a major element of the pic (indicates the location and the elevation is interesting).
                    Trevors pic is great for showing the clouds and expanse of the scene, includes a sign.
                    BUrque daytime moon and distance mountains is great, and has a sign, but sign not really part of the whole of the pic. But then again, think that he wanted a picture of a Mile 1 sign (I recall that tag), and look what length he went to to make an interesting picture.
                    Baatfam pic of the trees lining the road is interesting for that, and has a road curve ahead sign that makes it intersting for us motorcyclest, but cant really see the curve, so is a picture of the trees along the roadside.
                    Dorkburger used some great skills for the GSParkway sign night time shot. THe main element is the sign.
                    Scott Cowboy looked like he found a place to park to get picture of the unique town sign, and did a good job of framing the picture to include the bike and view down the road. My encouragement there.
                    Spyder found the vintage gas station, and though to get a picture. My encouragement there.
                    When I took My pics at Boone Hollow Rd/ Indian Creek Rd, I took a few shots in various directions, and moved bike a couple times, and I was trying to avoid views includiing the utility poles. But then I wanted to include the Boone Hollow sign, but it was 95 degrees and humid, so I didnt want to move bike again, especially on those slopes, so I left bike where it was. I think my pic is the most interesting for us motorcyclist, but not all that impressive of a photo. (I think the grainyness comes from the utility I use to reduce it smaller size.)

GOing back and forth on voting, but I keep comming back to Sandy for the most scenic impressive photo, and it has a sign as a significant element of the photo, so voting for Sandy.
                    Last edited by Redman; 12-07-2018, 08:12 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I think it's already a shoe-in and my vote is unnecessary but i'll say Sandy as well as it really is that good of a shot
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Saturday. Vote Tally.

Sandy 9, Trevor 3.

Congrats Sandy.
                        What do you have for us this week?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

LOL...Is it Saturday? Retirement...Ha.

Well I let yesterday get away from me, and didn't vote. But congrats Sandy, great picture.
                          Lots of great pictures....

Can't wait to hear the new theme....
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            LOL...Is it Saturday? Retirement...Ha.
                            Ha! About every day is the same, eh
                            Last edited by Redman; 12-08-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Ha! About every day is the same, eh
                              LOL...I had it figured out for a while. Mon-Fri were the days my wife went to work.
                              But with her new job, she gets every other Fri off. And when she stays home on Friday, I get confused.
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't know if this has been covered yet but how about a camping shot. That might limit some who don't camp so maybe they can substitute something about a picnic or motels. What say you, is this OK? It's getting harder to find themes and photos and so far all my stuff has come from the archives and winter set a while ago so won't be any new stuff for quite some time. Here's mine for the week.

by soates50, on Flickr
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X