No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took this pic today....on top of the Malahat over looking the Pacific and across the water to where I live....

No signature

Comment

One thing particular about this area is "the lake", which is about 4 miles west of my house.
      Lake Michigan.

I could go 25-50-75 miles south, and the lake will still be to the west.
      I could go 25-50-100-150 miles to the north, and the lake will still be to the west.
      When standing along the shore, looking at the lake, it is as far as can see to the left, and as far as can see to the right, and cant see across to the other side (60-90 miles), the entire horizon, from left to right is all water, it might as well be an ocean, I know is not as big as an ocean, but standing there looking, it looks about the same.

Not too many places, but are some where can get a somewhat unobstructed view.
      Last edited by Redman; 03-17-2019, 02:52 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The lights of Albuquerque...

Jewels in the desert night (Glen Campbell)
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Having trouble with this one....I used one possible back in December for the "...show a bit of the personality of where you live" theme.
          Don't want to use it again.

I know what I want to share...It's the thing I love the most about living here. Just can't seem to figure a way to get a bike involved in a photo.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Jewels in the desert night (Glen Campbell)
            Roger, that is a beautiful photo.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

This is a "Landmark" right up the road from me, in the "BIG" town of Toto...

'83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Roger, that is a beautiful photo.
                Thanks Steve. It was challenging to get the light just at the right time so you can still see the bike and Sandia mountains but with most of the city lights on.

That's on Route 66, or Central Ave, just as you come over the hill into town from the West.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I can ride out of my driveway and this is typical of what I see.

v
                  Attached Files
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I have another picture in mind, but in the event I don't get to take it or it doesn't look right, I give you this entry of my bike plus others in front of West Virginia's infamous www.hillbillyhotdogs.com, which is 7 miles from my door. I've also left our mark there (see second and third photos).

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Jan 5th, 2017 we drove all day through driving snow, to get to our new home in TN.
                      Two weeks latter, I was on a bike, 30 minutes from home, visiting Big Ridge State Park.
                      Warm weather riding in January...and great roads to boot.
                      This is from that day, January 18th at 12:15pm.
                      Big Ridge State Park - TN by Bob Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

I almost took a pass this week. I have no good pictures of my bike in my hometown and when I go out I leave it as quickly as possible.
                        But we (the family) do like to spend the occasional summer evening at the beach, thought Asbury is not our default spot.

Sunrise at Asbury Park. In the last decade or so the town has gone thru quite a comeback, and is now a popular spot. Going into detail is not the realm of this thread, but interesting history reading.

Convention Hall is the building in the background .

http://Suzuki GS @ Asbury Park by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        Last edited by dorkburger; 03-21-2019, 09:21 PM.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Friday....Time to vote. Our theme, and this week's entries...
                          Originally posted by bccap View Post
                          I like to see where people live. So this week's theme is " Where You Live " Lots of latitude here...
                          I like to go hang out at this beach in the summer...
                          Originally posted by Motojoe2492 View Post
                          Heading up Cadillac Mountain on Mount Desert Island, Maine.
                          Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                          This photo is taken 100 yards from my house,Plymouth UK.
                          Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          ....on top of the Malahat over looking the Pacific and across the water to where I live....
                          Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          ...about 4 miles west of my house. Lake Michigan.
                          Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                          Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                          ...right up the road from me, in the "BIG" town of Toto...
                          Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                          I can ride out of my driveway and this is typical of what I see.

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                          ...in front of West Virginia's infamous www.hillbillyhotdogs.com, which is 7 miles from my door.
                          More to follow....
                          Last edited by Baatfam; 03-22-2019, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Continued....
                            Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            ...30 minutes from home...Big Ridge State Park.
                            Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Sunrise at Asbury Park.
                            Happy Voting!
                            (If I missed any, please let us know)

Comment

It's always hard to choose just one, but.......

Agemax for me this week.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I’ll Vote for Burque.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X