No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not likely to post an entry in this one, I have only Moto Camped once and can't find the pics I did take. But looking back in the archives I found a ton of documentation of the fantastic people I have met as a result of this pastime and in particular this forum.
    Florida2006014.jpgMe and the late Dom Scotto (Scotty) in Florida 2006
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

MeandDaveatCassville.JPGMe and the late Dave Davis (painterdave) in Missouri 2005
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

No camping pictures of me and the motel ones aren't as fitting for this. Next time
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That's a fine theme, Sandy. And congrats on the win. Your pic last week was superb! My wife and I have taken the GS on a couple of picnics but I didn't get many photos of the occasion. I tend to take more pics when I'm alone I guess, and I have yet to get out on a camping trip with a bike.

If I get the GS back on the road this week maybe we'll do a picnic and grab a few photos. Until then, and so you're not left hanging, here's the KLR at a campground.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

No camping shots here either.. I've yet to moto camp.

And just throwing this out to the group...
            Seeing as how the concensus is that we want to lean toward quality imagery over random themes, I wouldn't have a problem revisiting the better topics already used when the weather breaks in a few months....
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Guys, we're off to a really slow start. Want me to pick something less specific? It's OK by me.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

As close as I have been to motorcyclke camping was one occasion (my first Brown County, 2005), trailered the bike, and wife and I camped in mini van with seats removed. Did get a mundane picture of bike & trailer & van at Brown County State Park campground. Will be a print in a shoebox in basement, that is not worth the bother to find.

Here is something of an alternative pic,
                not too interesting photographically, but is what I have.
                Motel campers, August 2013, at a motel some folks here will recognize.....

Story:
                Fathers Day 2013, my son hand me what looked like tickets to something, before I could see much of what they were, then he grabs them back from me and say "Tickets to Indy MotoGP including riding a track lapp, you can have them under one condition, you have to take a couple extra days and lead me around this southern Indiana you have been telling me about for the last 6-7 years."
                So we did.
                Picture of me, my son and daughter-in-law at Rosemount Motel, Bedford Indiana..
                (and he has attended the Brown County rally three times since then.)
                Last edited by Redman; 12-08-2018, 11:30 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                  Guys, we're off to a really slow start. Want me to pick something less specific? It's OK by me.
                  I can agree to that.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Been less than 24 hours....Winter and all, we do need to search our vaults...

I say give it a day or so....

And BTW...let's think about what we want to do over the holidays....
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Been less than 24 hours....Winter and all, we do need to search our vaults...

I say give it a day or so....

And BTW...let's think about what we want to do over the holidays....
                      I'll call out again tomorrow night. I got something else figured out.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        I can agree to that.

Me too. I'll remove my previous post if you choose something else, Sandy. It is early yet though...
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Ok looks like a new topic coming so for fun I'll post my favorite motel pics....lol
                          Me and Rob on his get away before getting married. We were in a sketchy place...lol

No signature

Comment

I tried motorcycle camping once. That was when I had the ants in the helmet incident. If I had a picture or video of that, not only would I win Picture of the week, but also $10,000 on the Funniest Home Video tv show! Moto Camping Rule #1 Don't put helmet on the ground for any length of time...
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Well some of us camp. This is my grandson Josiah, we are camping at the mouth of the Metollious river at camp Sherman. This was our first night of a 3 day trip.

V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

And some of us used to camp...(But no longer consider it an option)

This my wife, standing in front of our tent and Sportster, back in the early 90s.
                                One of only two pictures I could find with both a tent, and a bike.

So more of a historical photo, of really fun times. But, not an artistic photo at all...

Last edited by Baatfam; 12-09-2018, 01:05 PM.
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X