No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two cents- my hope also is that the focus remains on a quality image, and I think it ultimately will. The nature of weekly submissions makes it tough, especially with the riding season pretty much over. Many of my file pics are informational and not always as well composed as they could be, and at times its tough to convey the joy of time spent with friends , etc. Like riding itself, a picture is often deeply personal to the photographer with its own set of attached memories, but it doesn't always carry over.

As far as gear goes, I've long complained about the limitations of cell phones, especially at night, yet I've managed to occasionally get shots that I'm quite pleased with. Composition and paying attention to the image about to be taken apply regardless of the camera, and can make or break a photo.

Personally I love this game. It reminds me of my days in photography class. I enjoy the challenge and also seeing others' interpretation of the topics. Plus it's all motorcycle involved so all pics are cool. It's just a matter of degrees.

That being said, here's mine. It was sort of warm, sort of dry...ish.... and fun. I likely won't have time to get out this week soooo....this is as good as it gets. It turns out that other then two incidental road signs in file pics , I had nothing so I got this tonight. Picture? Meh... content... way cool....

http://GS parkway and a GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Well... As I have said last week. This thread has made me LOOK at my pictures, and given me the want to improve my photography skills. If it does that for ANYbody else, then it is more than just a "tag" game. Anyway...

This was taken YEARS ago on a day trip the wife and I took. I took quite a few shots of similar sites, most with signs of some sort. This one is my favorite from that day. Just has some really cool content IMO. Rt. 66...

'83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I love that pic, Spyder...

Here is my submittal for the week. Something I took this past summer. I have better signs in pics, but this was my best pic with a sign in it.

Terrible noon sun - Panasonic GX7, w/12-32mm @ 18mm, ISO 200, f/4.2, 1/50 sec...(for the geeks)
        Last edited by Baatfam; 12-03-2018, 06:24 PM. Reason: smaller picture
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

That looks like a REALLY scenic road to ride. Love the colors...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dfJMWJ]

This photo isn't an entry.

This shot was taken in Oregon, where the State still requires attendants to pump gas, although commonly motorcycles are allowed to fill their own. I believe Rich or Wizard as he was know here, took this as I filled up. Spyder's nice shot reminded me of this example of the almost lost country store/gas station.

Wizard's photography skills are lost to this forum from a"Battle of Egos" and simular discussion of not living up to some other persons expectations. Our loss! Be constructive my friend.....
            Last edited by Charlie G; 12-03-2018, 12:34 PM.
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Love this photo Charlie...
              No signature

Comment

[...............
                This shot was taken in Oregon, ...
                Signs, Signs, everywhere are signs.

And when one is carved (burnt?) into a hunk of a tree trunk, you know it is something of a different place.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Terrible noon sun - Panasonic GX7, ...............)
                  That pic maybe the best argument for a "real camera".
                  Harsh noontime sun, filtered trees, so some bright spots among mostly shaded area, but yet a great well exposed shot.
                  Much better than my iPhone5, even with HDR.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well, My picture may not win, but at least it has been inspirational... LOL
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

Comment

This shot was taken in Oregon, where the State still requires attendants to pump gas, although commonly motorcycles are allowed to fill their own. I believe Rich or Wizard as he was know here, took this as I filled up. Spyder's nice shot reminded me of this example of the almost lost country store/gas station.

Wizard's photography skills are lost to this forum from a"Battle of Egos" and simular discussion of not living up to some other persons expectations. Our loss! Be constructive my friend.....
                      Too funny Charlie. I thought of that photo when I saw Spyder's as well. Only thing is it was me that took it. No problem either if you want to use it, the entry doesn't have to be taken by you, just have your bike in it. Anyway, Rich is doing fine, him and his wife were here in the summer for a mountain bike trip just before we headed to Alaska and will be seeing them over the winter. Cheers. And yes, Rich does do some amazing photography.

by soates50, on Flickr
                      Last edited by Sandy; 12-08-2018, 11:51 PM.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I swapped my pic submission for this week to one I liked better. Actually it was used in a tag game, but it's better than most of my other quick point and shoot type pics.

Here it is just for reference.

Ok no more swapping and editing for me...this week. lol
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Daytime moon...cool!
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Oh yes...now that you brought it up...I remember...when he accused me here of trying to push a car further into the ditch. Is that it?
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              [/B]

Oh yes...now that you brought it up...I remember...when he accused me here of trying to push a car further into the ditch. Is that it?
                              Don't think that's it. Charlie's probably referencing Rich's not so appropriate comments about crappy cell phone pictures.
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Sandy this was the gas stop before Charlie became the mad biker from Hades. On our way to my place, the first rally.

V
                                Gustov
                                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                                80 GS 550 L
                                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment