Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    great photo Jedz. I'm curious. What is this?
    Spyder is correct, that is a LED light I added to increase my visibility. Helps some in the dark too...
    Works wonders in the Fog and Snow:
    Last edited by Jedz123; 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      .................................. that is a LED light I added to increase my visibility. Helps some in the dark too...
      Have seen that aux light before in other postings of your great pics. I wondered about the vertical mounting verse horizontal, but then again, I dont know about its light dispersal pattern. I suspect is mounted that way because that is the bracket and that is where found a place to mount it.
      Last edited by Redman; 12-12-2018, 12:37 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Have seen that aux light before in other postings of your great pics. I wondered about the vertical mounting verse horizontal, but then again, I dont know about its light dispersal pattern. I suspect is mounted that way because that is the bracket and that is where found a place to mount it.
        Yup and it really doesn't help too much for lighting but it does help with making me more noticeable to traffic. It greatly reduced the amount of times of getting cut off, that's for sure.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Friday. Vote Day.

To review:

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
          ........................how about a camping shot. That might limit some who don't camp so maybe they can substitute something about a picnic or motels. .....

r
          Originally posted by Redman View Post

)

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Originally posted by gustovh View Post

V

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          Last edited by Redman; 12-14-2018, 08:16 AM. Reason: Fix marvinsc pic

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I was expecting to see pics like I have seen before of tents scattered about and bikes haphazardly parked around. But, nope, not really any of those.

Vince Gustov has nice pic to have of grandson and bike at the campsite.
            Bob Baatfam's pic says "we are camping and this is fun."
            My pic says "here is us and bikes at the motel", kinda mundane-documentary.
            Trevor's says "....in the motel" haa haa!

I really like jedz pic for a bike picture, and bikes attracting admiration, but to me, anyway, the picture doesn't say "camping", could say it is apparently some sort of gathering. But, anyway, that swayed my vote when it came to having to think of a tie-breaker.

For voting, I will go with Sandy's. The entire pic is tents and bikes, with a minimum of distractions, and the bikes arranged and picture framed for the bikes to almost fill the frame.

Last edited by Redman; 12-14-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Sandy this week
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I guess the lean-to in the back ground wasn't apparent... Black and White does that...
                Last edited by Jedz123; 12-14-2018, 09:43 AM.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I got to vote for Baatfam this week! The AMIGO7 license plate caught my eye😉
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    I got to vote for Baatfam this week! The AMIGO7 license plate caught my eye
                    I'm with Norm, My vote goes with Bob! (Baatfam)

I personally love the old photos...
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Voting for Gustohvh.
                      Is that Stator in his riding gear?
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I, too, am voting for gustovh. I think it nicely captures the family adventure spirit of camping.
                        Honorable mention for jedz123. Crisp clear photo, nice use of b/w, nice framing.

I didn't submit this week. I had a picture in my head but not in my archives. I could have done a mock recreation, but it didn't really rate, in my mind.
                        When I bought that 1100GL from ddaniels in 2010, I rode it home from Dayton OH to Phoenixville PA. It was about 20 degrees, February, and though the roads were clear there was literally a blizzard about 24 hours behind me. My wife was driving and I was riding and we stopped overnight in Harrisburg PA because it was dark and I only had a tinted visor (oops!). I am remembering our second floor room at a motel, and the bike in the parking lot, lonely dark and cold. It's a good picture in my mind. But anyway.
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I have to go with Sandy this week...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I have to go with Jedz this week. I love the composition and the theme of the guys just hanging out in a campsite BSing about bikes.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I vote for Sandy.
                              I did like gustovh's too.

Good pics again.
                              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Tough choices again, but I have to go with Jedz123 this week.

Nicely done, Justin.
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X