• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll go with Jedz123 this week
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Looks like Sandy takes the win this week, again, as he got four votes.

I counted three for Jedz123 and two each for Gustovh and Baatfam.

I had another busy week and didn't get in on the voting but, FWIW, liked Gustovh's pic.

In any case, Sandy, you're up again.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Thanks for doing the tally, Roger.

Congratulations Sandy! Two in a row.

What have we next?
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks folks, not that many entries this last week but good ones none the less. This week perhaps a little broader subject. How about something fairly close to home that shows a bit of the personality of where you live. Along with a motorcycle it could include buildings, people or even a landscape, but has to tell a little bit of your area. I live in a rural area with a number of small towns, nothing big at all, and this was taken in a neighbouring town of Fernie about an hours drive. It has a great older downtown and of course the ski hill in the background. One of the top 10 hills in North America.

by soates50, on Flickr
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

My area is also primarily Rural farmland dotted by small communities. At one time all of them had a Store or two but all are now gone except one. The old store in this pic is the Penny Store that was slated to be torn down when a local Teacher had it moved to his property and it is now a private museum to bygone days. Yes that is an outhouse on the Right side out back. The store never had indoor plumbing in its original location and still doesn't.

IMG_0256 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
            Last edited by marvinsc; 12-15-2018, 11:50 PM.
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              My area is also primarily Rural farmland dotted by small communities. At one time all of them had a Store or two but all are now gone except one. The old store in this pic is the Penny Store that was slated to be torn down when a local Teacher had it moved to his property and it is now a private museum to bygone days.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/166101...in/dateposted/

Sorry no can sign in. No see picture, sorry.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

OK I changed the privacy setting, let me know if it works now.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Well, we've got Kirtland Air Force Base, The Sandia Mountains, The Isotopes (Albuquerque's AAA Baseball team), blue sky for almost 300 days out of the year but one of my favorite things here is....

The green chile cheeseburger! Blake's is a New Mexico favorite for this cuisine. Just google green chile in New Mexico and you'll see just how people around here go nuts for the stuff. It's the largest agricultural product in the state. We actually have an official state question that relates to chile. Red or green? We can put red or green chile on or in nearly everything and instantly call it "New Mexican", LOL. During harvest season the air is filed with the aroma of roasting chile peppers. Yeah, chile is a huge part of our culture here.

Last edited by Burque73; 12-17-2018, 09:28 PM. Reason: emphasis on chile in NM
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                    OK I changed the privacy setting, let me know if it works now.
                    Works...Nice picture....

Comment

".... has to tell a little bit of your area."

Here is a pic that shows some of the beach, the lake, the south pier, lighthouse and beacon, catwalk on the pier, a windy late fall day and our drab continuous overcast solid clouds that is common for months (Nov thru mid March). Snow fence so not so much beach sand blows away. The very end of north pier on far right, river channel inbetween the piers.

Picture is from the statepark campground, closed at that time of year. But bike can find some way in bettween gaps in barriers. Have to avoid areas were sand is drifted too deep. Some places may be blown clear, and other places drifted too deep. By winter will not be able to negotiate through there at all, so this must be fall yet, late November ...... oh, file date..... mid-November, a few years ago.

Of all of the great lake piers, I think is only maybe two that that still have the catwalk (as it is called). That catwalk structure is wrought iron and huge rivets from something like 1920. The structure provides an elevated walkway, for the light attendant to be able to get out there when waves washing over the pier. Of course that is no longer needed since the lights are no longer attended, so the Army Corps Of Engineer (that operates "aids to navigation") no longer maintains the catwalks.
                      A recent maintenance project of the pier. the Corps removed the catwalk. A local civic group was formed to buy the catwalk, and raised funds for the purpose of reinstalling the catwalk, which has yet to happen. So for the last year and a half, the pier doesnt have the catwalk.

Not a entry, but just to blabber some more: THis is the same beach that for most of the summer is soo crowded it looks like a 'Where is Waldo" picture.

Last edited by Redman; 12-16-2018, 11:19 PM. Reason: north pier

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My Neighborhood...

just a mile or so from my house
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          My Neighborhood...

just a mile or so from my house
                          Watch me close the picture I was considering, watch me opening and searching my archives of photos, watch me checking the weather to see if can get out this week.

Nice picture, Justin....

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Watch me close the picture I was considering, watch me opening and searching my archives of photos, watch me checking the weather to see if can get out this week.

Nice picture, Justin....
                            I rode in this AM and it was sketchy... The lighting this time of year is bad. Warm days mean overcast days (and low 30's). I did grab some shots yesterday which I posted to the anyone go for a ride today thread... I will grab some pics on my ride home this afternoon (Hopefully).

Not staying late today... Why I took the bike, I need to get out before the sun sets and the roads refreeze... My Boss asked if I was insane (roads were icing over this AM)... I said; of course!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I also live out in the middle of nowhere. My neighborhood is trees. This is a shot in my driveway of the household GS's. Next season should bring in better shots...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

The town that I live closest to has a population of 2,123 that fluctuates a little. Logging is the industry and not much else. "there are no bad roads out of Vernonia", a very bike friendly town. But when I tell people where I am from I always get the question....
                                where is that? Well just follow the sign.

V
                                Gustov
                                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                                80 GS 550 L
                                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment