No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to vote for the DORKBUGER. With Steve being a close second. Something about being in the clouds or above them appeals to me... 🙂
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Burque for me
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

SATURDAY

18 submissions. 14 votes.

Vote Tally

Burque 5, Trevor 3, Dorkburger 3, Jedz 1, DaveR 2

Roger Burque, the most frequent winner this year, is this week's winner.
        Roger, what subject-theme-category you have for us this coming week?
        Last edited by Redman; 12-29-2018, 08:52 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          SATURDAY

18 submissions. 14 votes.
          I was just typing up the same, lol! Count confirmed.

Were we going to do something special for this last run of 2018?
          Are we going to start fresh in 2019?
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
            I was just typing up the same, lol! Count confirmed.

Were we going to do something special for this last run of 2018?
            Are we going to start fresh in 2019?
            I was thinking this was the last winner of 2018, and 2019 starts with this theme. But I could go either way.

Roger started the game last January, and he can start us off again for 2019.

What say the rest of you?
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

So Burque73 (Roger) had 8 wins this year. Nice!
              Followed by Redman (Dave) and trevor (Trevor) tied for second at 5 each. Very good!

Here is the balance of the win totals for 2019:

Player Wins
              Burque73 8
              Redman 5
              trevor 5
              Baatfam 4
              dorkburger 4
              Jedz123 4
              Sandy 4
              Charlie G 2
              Gustovh 2
              kerrfunk 2
              storm 64 2
              cowboyup3371 1
              DaveR 1
              Downs 1
              Mrs. Steve 1
              Steve 1
              Steve Murdoch 1
              wacky941 1

Comment

I'll say we just proceed as usual and this weeks theme will be the first win of 2019.
                The game is going great. The level of photography is coming up and the number of participants is as well. Well done folks.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Thank you. This has been great fun. I agree to let the game here proceed as it has.

I know we have had sunset themes before but lets look at the other side of the road. What is the sun setting on?

Here are the snow covered Sandia Mountains at sunset in January, 2017.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I'm down for whatever we do. I'm enjoying it.

Keep the game going in the same thread (>2200 posts) or start a new thread?
                    Restart the win count?
                    I have a hard time imagining we're not going to reuse themes...
                    And there had been talk about some kind of "Best of 2018" vote, but I don't know how that would look.

So. What is the sun setting on?
                    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                      I'm down for whatever we do. I'm enjoying it.

Keep the game going in the same thread (>2200 posts) or start a new thread?
                      Restart the win count?
                      I have a hard time imagining we're not going to reuse themes...
                      And there had been talk about some kind of "Best of 2018" vote, but I don't know how that would look.

So. What is the sun setting on?
                      As far as the records, I've already started a new excel page for 2019 themes.
                      I am sure we will duplicate some, as you say, but I also see us getting more creative.

Comment

I found I have a lot of nice Sunset pics but almost none with a bike in them. This is the Sun starting to set on the West shore of Kentucky Lake as we were waiting to cross on the Ferry on a rare January group ride a few years ago.

IMG_0064 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Jan. 2015 Sunset by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

This was the view as we were coming off the Ferry, but no bike. You can see the corner of a windshield but it is not mine.
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Kerry, you're right themes are bound to be repeated. No big deal. It will be nice to see different photos used as we get repeat themes though. No doubt a photo will fit several themes, like mine this week could have been posted last week for clouds, but it's great to share new stuff as much as possible. As far as my pic this week, I think the main focus is the mountain, not the cloud, even though the bike is pretty much front and center. Last week had the cloud as the focal point. Ok, I'm rambling...
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Pulling out one from way back...

This was Oct of 2008, just before 5pm. This was near the end of my first summer with the GS. Took the shot with a little Fuji point and shoot.
                              Last edited by Baatfam; 12-30-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                ................What is the sun setting on? ......................
                                Roger, I can interpret that two ways:
                                1) What is the sun setting behind (so we are looking at the sunset)
                                2) What is the sun shining on while it is setting (so we are looking away from the sunset, looking at what is being illuminated by the low angle sun)

Do you care to clarify? Or leave it open to interpretation either way?
                                Your submission is clearly the second idea, so some folks may vote that way, but submissions might be the other way.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X