No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a picture of me riding my GS1100g in 2014 while on a PNW Rally in British Columbia near Sandy's place in Cranbrook. Rich "Wizard" took the photo and posted it on GSR . I managed to copy it before it before he left. My skills at improving or editing are non-existant, but I hit some button that turns a photo into a color negative and I like the result. I'm a fan of purple and blue, what can I say? You can see the unaltered version on my facebook Home. Thanks Rich!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

This was a great day, and an awesome shot. I still have the bite marks on my helmet, lol...

AND ! ! ! How wonderful to have Mrs. Steve join us here ! ! ! Hello there, long time no see! Have to change that this June...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

This picture is kind of special to me. My buddy Paul detailing my motorcycles. Getting them ready for the Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio. I've known Paul since we were young kids. We've been riding together for 40 years. I trust Paul to ride any of my motorcycles, he's a better rider than me! 😃
        Attached Files
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

My selection this week is a nostalgia fuelled memory although I do like the picture otherwise also.
          This was taken in the fall of '99 returning home from a three day weekend to see the vintage grand prix (highly recommended for antique auto racing fans) at Watkins Glen NY.

The original plan was to leave Jersey on Friday mid morning so we could catch the reenactment of the original race route on the streets after the PO of my current bike delivered it to me, but it was raining heavily so we waited around debating on when to leave - later or Saturday morning. The weather cleared by mid afternoon so we made a bee line for it, riding thru a beautiful sunset, dusk, and into the night. It was a great weekend. This would regrettably be the only road trip I took on the 1150e before selling it, but at least it was a good one.

Of note in the picture - the black 1100e was my first GS. A family acquaintance bought it new, sold it to my brother, who sold it to me, who sold it to my cousin. It still exists, but is in pieces awaiting it's day to return to glory.

The 1150 - nicest bike I've ever owned..... I still miss it.

In the back is my Uncle Tom. He bought the Nighthawk 650 after all of us kids got into street bikes. He rode Triumphs back in the day and when he started riding again he just happily rode and rode. He ended up buying a then new Triumph Legend that he put 82k miles on before his accident.

......and how times change. My cousin went the balding then buzz cut route, I had to cut my my hair about a year later for apprentice school, and my Uncle is no longer with us.

http://Memories..... by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
          Last edited by dorkburger; 01-17-2019, 04:55 PM.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Friday Vote day.

I will summarize the entries, will include some of each story of "why", just enough to serve as a reminder of the story.

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
            The theme for this week is 'my favourite picture'.

Yes, that's entirely subjective and every submission will be a winner
            so a short explanation of why it is your favourite so that viewers can interpret it through your eyes would be helpful. Will that work?

edit - my reason - a well loved bike on a family mission on an empty familiar road on a beautiful day in the area I grew up in = happy times

And the other submissions:

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post

This one, my first trip to the Brown County Rally in Southern Indiana. I am in the Yellow helmet on my 1980 GS850G. .
            .I. believe it was taken by the late George Burroughs (Koolaid Kid) ....
            ........Georges ashes were scattered in areas he loved to ride and almost certainly along this route. ////.

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
            ....................... Rusty and Barry were members of my congregation when I got my first bike in 2008. ..
            .....and then every week or two the three of us would ride somewhere around southeastern PA. Good times.

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            I...................To me it shows one of the main reasons I'm still riding after 50+ years. Back roads, quaint small historic towns and taking time for a break for beer and food with friends. ...........

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Riding With Painter Dave

THis is at BC 2008, my 3rd time there.
            First two times were so great and such an experience that I was wanting to get pics to show my great experience.............

So this picture brings up great memeorys every time, ............

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

I've tried for years to catch a picture like this. Finally nailing it makes it one of my favorites, if not the favorite in my collection. About five seconds after that bolt of lightning, a crazy strong gust of wind blew my bike over. .....
            Originally posted by trevor View Post
            ............. I became friends with the "real Wes Cooley on facebook.......
            Anyway I threw a garage party for Wes and some close friends...this pic was taken just after Wes had signed the tank of my bike in my garage. Sometimes they say it may not good to meet your hero's ...well Wes could not have been a more humble man...there are so many great stories of that 4 fays I spent with him

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            ...... Everything about this photo works for me.
            The R1100S is an absolutely beautiful bike, one of my favorites when it comes to looking cool.
            With the nice sky and view of the valley, with the yellow strip in the road, working with the yellow on the bike, I just think it is a great photo.
            That was also the moment I decided, after just a few months of riding, she had to go.
            Originally posted by gustovh View Post
            This photo was taken leaving the first GS rally that I attended. It was a Western States rally ..
            ...As you can see, the bike is a tad overloaded.

V
            more....................
            Last edited by Redman; 01-18-2019, 06:40 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

............more

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              This is probably my favorite.
              Originally posted by Spyder View Post

Well, this is my favorite shot. Because these are my first GS's. .................

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              .....................it was taken to celebrate the fact that this was the first time we were all together with our bikes.

................... we finally managed to get a family portrait.
              From left to right: my older sister and her hubby, me and Mrs. Steve, my middle sister and her hubby, then baby sister and her hubby.

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              I'm going to post my favorite picture but I don't know if this will work because my bike isn't in the picture ..

This was Charmayne's first Brown County trip and I only caught this picture by luck ......

Originally posted by Mrs. Steve View Post
              ...................."family first". Although all four of us have been on bike trips before, this was the first time we were all on separate bikes. .....

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

This is a picture of me riding my GS1100g in 2014........
              .......Rich "Wizard" took the photo and posted it on GSR . ......
              ................, but I hit some button that turns a photo into a color negative and I like the result. I'm a fan of purple and blue, ......

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              ............. My buddy Paul............. Getting them ready for the Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio. I've known Paul since we were young kids. We've been riding together for 40 years. .....!

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              This was taken in the fall of '99 returning home from a three day weekend to see the vintage grand prix .....
              ....... It was a great weekend. This would regrettably be the only road trip I took on the 1150e before selling it, but at least it was a good one.
              ....... the black 1100e was my first GS..
              .In the back is my Uncle Tom...... before his accident.
              ....and how times change. My cousin ....
              ...... and my Uncle is no longer with us.
              Last edited by Redman; 01-18-2019, 06:45 AM. Reason: get Norms attatcment to display

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I suppose it is up to each voter to decide if going to vote based on the picture or based on the "why"... or vote for the picture while being influenced by the "why".

One comment I have about this week is that I enjoyed all the entries, including the not-so-good pictures, because I could relate to the "why".
                My complements to DaveR for having this idea for a subject-theme-category.

I almost wanted to say that is no way to evaluate-compare-rank the pictures-submissions with stories of "why", and I enjoyed all the entries so much that wanted to vote for DaveR just for the idea, and if there was some way to call off the vote, I would.... and award DaveR the win just to acknowledge the great idea. .

THe pictures that I liked for the photographic scene-pose were Kerfunk and Burque and Baatfam and DaveR.
                Will vote for Burque for the uniqueness and the accomplishment to capture that lightning and that it is a great scene anyway. THe lightning really adds an element to the picture.

Last edited by Redman; 01-18-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you Dave, for doing what you do.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

What Bob said...
                    Dave's Roundup makes it much easier to page thru for comparison.
                    Voting for Burque's sublime lighting shot.
                    I also really liked Marvinsc's pic. A nice dynamic shot that pulls the eye into the pic.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks again, Dave, for your compilation. I am still considering. And I agree with you about Dave R.
                      Last edited by kerrfunk; 01-18-2019, 09:17 AM.
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Being as the holy grail of the GS series of motorcycles is The Wes Cooley, I have to go with Trevor for the awesome pic of the Man and THE Bike. Bourke's lightning shot is a close second and Charlie G's pic of what the lightning is striking is a close third.
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Burque73 for me. That's the shot of a lifetime.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Im going with dorkburger for this one. I like the lightning pic and Wes Cooley, but theres something simple ad sincere about dorkburger's pic.
                            1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

I'm going with Baatfam today. I like the layout, the background, and the orange.
                              Trevor as a close second, for Wes Cooley,
                              and burque's lightning shot is terrific.

So many pictures with groups of people. That's pretty awesome.
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I'm going with Mrs Steve's pic this week. Just a neat family shot that makes me think how amazing it would be to have all four of our kids, my wife and myself all on our own bikes.
                                Last edited by Burque73; 01-18-2019, 04:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X