No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone who submitted their pic and some personal stories on a difficult theme and to Redman for his kind and diplomatic remarks.

For me, the submission by Dorkburger narrowly edges the pics and stories from Marvin and Trevor. Kerrfunks pic is a great one with its riot of colours and shapes. Its a natural to be made into a jigsaw puzzle and would be a perfect gift for Rusty and Barry.
    1979 GS1000
    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Burque73 gets my vote this week, great photo.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

ALL great pictures this week. And a really cool thanks to DaveR for thinking of it. My vote HAS to go with Burque this week. That shot should be in a magazine or something...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I'm voting for Burque because he got the impossible photograph. I've been there. A Killer whale right out of the water right beside the ship { scared the snot out of me } a giant manta breaching beside me not ten feet away in a zodiac. It happens so fast there is no way to prepare..... Great shot !
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

I guess I'm going to go with BURQUE this week. Beautiful combination of luck and skill!

This group of pictures really represents the best that GSR has to offer; Good times with friends and family, new and old. Sandy that was a nice ride/lunch that day in 2012. I'd like to have a copy of that to print, if I may.
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

So, so many good pictures and stories this week. I could pick so many...

But I must go with Dorkburger. The picture not only meets the theme, it is a really well done photo.

It would make a great magazine add, "It's about family. SUZUKI!"
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                But I must go with Dorkburger. The picture not only meets the theme, it is a really well done photo.

It would make a great magazine add, "It's about family. SUZUKI!"
                As I understand, the theme was "favorite photo". I think every submission filled that.

As far as the "family" aspect is concerned, there were at least two others that showed families.
                One of them even included ONLY Suzuki motorcycles.

Yeah, not exactly "magazine add [sic]" quality, but the theme was "favorite", not "most-printable".

I have been watching this thread for a while, I can see that I will never have a photo worth submitting. Carry on.
                If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat? View Post
                  As I understand, the theme was "favorite photo". I think every submission filled that.

As far as the "family" aspect is concerned, there were at least two others that showed families.
                  One of them even included ONLY Suzuki motorcycles.

Yeah, not exactly "magazine add [sic]" quality, but the theme was "favorite", not "most-printable".

I have been watching this thread for a while, I can see that I will never have a photo worth submitting. Carry on.
                  Funny you should chime in. I was just thinking about your signature line earlier today wondering who it was that had that. LOL
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

You might. And even if you don't, it's fun, and certainly nobody will judge you for entering. It's fun.
                    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Mrs. Steve gets my vote....
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I can see that I will never have a photo worth submitting. .....
                        I too will invite your participation.
                        Hey, if you have anything that fits the weekly subject-category-theme sometime, give it a try.

Last edited by Redman; 01-18-2019, 11:00 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I think this weeks theme has more to do with the story than the actual picture so with that in mind I have to go with Trevor's. Burque's shot is great and probably one of the best photos since we started and the family shots are really cool and make for great memories but the sh!t eating grin on those two guys kind of says it all.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Burque for me
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

...I can see that I will never have a photo worth submitting. Carry on.
                              I can't tell you how many times I've thought that, LOL. But I keep playing anyway...much too fun!
                              Last edited by Baatfam; 01-19-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Really, really great theme this week. Thank you, DaveR!

Well, if my count is correct, we have a runaway winner this week!

Burque73 - 7 votes
                                Dorkburger - 3 votes
                                Trevor and Mrs Steve with 2 each
                                Myself with one (thanks kerrfunk!)

Nicely done Roger....what's next?

Comment

Working...
                                X