Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
    A Saturday morning treat for Sandy and I.

Heres another factor - a few days ago a system restore point was run on this laptop to correct slowness. It works well but now my picture file program has been replaced by "huuli"? and a popup error box "invalid value for registration". None of the internet solutions have solved the problem and its time for a pro to look at it. What this means is that its not possible to post a pic now.

I noticed Sandys classy gesture too. I would be happy to offer the crown to him.
    Well, I suppose technically the rules say to post an example picture. But IMHO, you don't have to post a picture right now, just name the theme.
    When you get your machine running, you can put up a picture then.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

A Saturday morning treat for Sandy and I.

Heres another factor - a few days ago a system restore point was run on this laptop to correct slowness. It works well but now my picture file program has been replaced by "huuli"? and a popup error box "invalid value for registration". None of the internet solutions have solved the problem and its time for a pro to look at it. What this means is that its not possible to post a pic now.

I noticed Sandys classy gesture too. I would be happy to offer the crown to him.
      Maybe you could find a previous pic you posted on the forum somewhere and copy/ paste it here. Just sayin. Either way is fine though, as far as I'm concerned. It's all in fun.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

How about let's sit on it for the weekend. If Dave gets his computer fixed he post a picture or just pic a theme with no picture. If that doesn't work I can post up something. Thanks for hand off Dave.
        Last edited by Sandy; 01-12-2019, 12:58 PM.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Good suggestions. To keep the game flowing along I'll try to move my panorama pic from post #1651 on page 23 forward.

The theme for this week is 'my favourite picture'.

Yes, that's entirely subjective and every submission will be a winner
          so a short explanation of why it is your favourite so that viewers can interpret it through your eyes would be helpful. Will that work?

edit - my reason - a well loved bike on a family mission on an empty familiar road on a beautiful day in the area I grew up in = happy times

Last edited by DaveR; 01-12-2019, 12:49 PM.
          1979 GS1000
          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Brown County 2007 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

This one, my first trip to the Brown County Rally in Southern Indiana. I am in the Yellow helmet on my 1980 GS850G. I met some great people many of whom I still meet in Bedford Indiana every year spend a couple of days riding! Dave (Redman) suggested I provide a little more information about why this is a favorite to me. I believe it was the late George Burroughs (Koolaid Kid) who took this from ambush, none of us knew it had been taken until it was posted on Thegsresources. Ironically, Georges ashes were scattered in areas he loved to ride and almost certainly along this route. Others pictured are Jeff (8trackmind in the lead and Rodney (oramac) in the rear.
            Last edited by marvinsc; 01-12-2019, 04:57 PM.
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Dave, I like that idea. It can help give a bit insight to what makes each of us tick.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

And the winning picture this week is this June 2010 picture of my 82 1100GL (purchased from ddaniels) alongside my friend Rusty's 86? Electra Glide Classic? and Barry's 06 Goldwing. Rusty and Barry were members of my congregation when I got my first bike in 2008. I think Rusty mighta got his bike new in 86. Barry was inspired by me getting a bike. He'd ridden as a young adult and then for whatever reason took 30 years off, but he wanted to get back into it, and he found a good deal on this Goldwing. He and I took the state safety class together, and then every week or two the three of us would ride somewhere around southeastern PA. Good times.

Here's the official entry, the close-cropped headlights. After that is almost a panorama of the three of us, August 2010.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Something about the PAST week "profile pic of your bike":
                  My submission was Bike Of The Month Sept 2015

and the next month, Oct 2015, was Sandys.

(although not strictly a direct profile shot)

About THIS week:

Yes, that's entirely subjective and every submission will be a winner
                  so a short explanation of why it is your favourite so that viewers can interpret it through your eyes would be helpful. Will that work?...
                  Yes, good open category.
                  I expect to see a lot of interesting pics of a wide variety of things and situations.
                  And seeing interesting pictures is the point of this all.
                  Good.

Will have to figure how to deal with the situation of someone explaining how the circumstances of the photo helped to make it a favorite photo for them when the photo itself may or may not contain any evidence of that. Lets say; I post a picture of my bike at a waterfall and say it is a significant picture because it was my first trip after retiring and then also say some other significant thing that happened then like had to get home because brother about died, or something like grandchild born the next day or something. Well, yah, that is why it is significant to me, but it is a picture of the waterfall and my bike.

I suppose we will leave that up to the voting.
                  Some may vote for the picture, some may vote for the accompanying story (say, pie in the trunk that cant see in picture).

Last edited by Redman; 01-12-2019, 03:58 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Yes, good open category.
                    I expect to see a lot of interesting pics of a wide variety of things and situations.
                    And seeing interesting pictures is the point of this all.
                    Good.

Will have to figure how to deal with the situation of someone explaining how the circumstances of the photo helped to make it a favorite photo for them when the photo itself may or may not contain any evidence of that. Lets say; I post a picture of my bike at a waterfall and say it is a significant picture because it was my first trip after retiring and that is where I got the phone call that my daughter was going to move back home to Michigan. Well, yah, that is why it is significant to me, but it is a picture of the waterfall and my bike.

I suppose we will leave that up to the voting.

Hmmm....Your favorite photograph, or a photograph of a favorite moment? Either would work.
                    One of my favorite photographs, is of a bike I never liked, on a trip that was cut short. LOL...
                    Yes, I guess we let the voting decide....
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'll go with the panorama theme that Dave started with. This was from a rally several years ago. To me it shows one of the main reasons I'm still riding after 50+ years. Back roads, quaint small historic towns and taking time for a break for beer and food with friends. I believe this is Weaverville found somewhere while lost in North California.

by soates50, on Flickr
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Hmmm....Your favorite photograph, or a photograph of a favorite moment? Either would work.
                        One of my favorite photographs, is of a bike I never liked, on a trip that was cut short. LOL...
                        Yes, I guess we let the voting decide....
                        I've got lots of great pics of my motorcycles with nice backgrounds and scenery but only a few stand out as being memorable and actually have some significant story attached. Tough decision what to post for sure. I haven't shot any pictures specifically for this thread but I'm really enjoying going through old pictures and finding some great memories from past adventures.

Comment

Riding With Painter Dave

THis is at BC 2008, my 3rd time there.
                          First two times were so great and such an experience that I was wanting to get pics to show my great experience.
                          So before the 3rd year, I spent a lot of time figuring a way to get pictures from the bike. I experimented with my SLR strapped to my chest and having a remote release cable. And I experimented with having a cheapo point-n-shoot in my tank bag, and slowly developed being able to take left hand of the bars for a short time. I elected the latter method.

Here is a shot Riding With Painter Dave. Is a not-so-good scann of a print.

I had this picture in with a few hundered other pics on my work computer in my office, all on screen-saver-slide-show. Most were motorcycle on side of road scenry shots, some grandkids shots, some work related shots. Most shots were much better pics, But when this one would come up it was such a warm memory of getting such a picture, and the fun of the BC weekend, riding in general, and Painter Dave. So this picture brings up great memeorys every time, but only a small part of that is contained in the picture. But I do like what IS in the pic, the 3 bikes ahead around the curve, and the 3 bikes in the mirror, and the long curve.

At BC weekends since Painter Dave no longer with us, myself and a couple others sometimes take others along with us for a moderate (or slow by some standards) ride, and often mention Painter Dave in the process.

PS: I may decide to find a better photo-photo, but when I thought of favorite pic, this is the one that came to mind first.
                          Last edited by Redman; 01-12-2019, 05:43 PM. Reason: PS

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave was a lot of fun and always went out of his way to make all comers welcome at the rides he attended. He would get you lost on occasion but it was always fun!
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              Dave was a lot of fun and always went out of his way to make all comers welcome at the rides he attended. He would get you lost on occasion but it was always fun!
                              Yes. And in his honor I still get the group lost har har har

Comment

To review:

so a short explanation of why it is your favourite ............

I stated that was my favorite picture because of the good memory I associated with it. And then has been a lot of discussion about good memorys or memorys associated with a photo, but that is not really the subject-category. Just wanted to point that out.

Comment

Working...
                                X