oof not much on this one...
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Nice one Sandy, I have one just like it, so I will use this one instead, you've all have seen it before

.20120913-10.jpg

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
        ...so I will use this one instead, you've all have seen it before

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]57185[/ATTACH]

V
        Honestly, I can never get sick of that picture
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          My pic will not qualify...
          Is a silhouette.
          I recognize a set of pipes that are probably for your bike. The procedure says something like "your bike or part that is enough of your bike.......". Maybe was assumed that the "part" of bike meant "a portion of your bike and the rest of it was there, just not included in the picture frame", but it doesn't specifically say that.
          I say what is in your photo is sufficient for it to qualify.

Good picture. And a great picture for you, given the story.

Another example of a picture meaning a lot to you, because of the story then and the later story. (BUt the story is not really contained in the picture.)

And is another good example of you took the picture at the time for a few reasons, and now later, the picture means more to you for more reasons that you did not know at the time.
          Last edited by Redman; 01-27-2019, 04:48 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My TT600 at sunrise....
            TT600 Sunrise by Bob Thieda, on Flickr
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              Yeah. I've got silhouettes ...let's try this one................
              r

................ I will use this one ................
              I thought of those quickly after reading the statement of the topic-subject.
              Almost made me want to not bother looking thru my pics, ..... ... ... ... ...

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                My TT600 at sunrise....
                TT600 Sunrise by Bob Thieda, on Flickr
                Oof, now I know why your Facebook photo changed!

Damn good pic Bob!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Photo may have appearance of being close to water edge (which would be on soft sand beach) but it is not. Bike is maybe 150 feet from the water edge, parked on a sand covered sidewalk (or maybe was edge of parking lot). And then I got a ways back and zoomed in some. THis was purposely to eliminate any distraction in foreground or background and give impression of being on the beach by the waters edge. Exposure sett purposely at the time the picture was taken so that the bike appeared in silhouette.

Something of a related story:
                  One summer, I made a point to ride down near the beach once a week or more at-after sunset . And in doing so I developed some techniques for getting silhouette pics (of mo'cykl). I was thinking of entering one such pic in a local community photo show, but thought that mo'cykle would have limited interest. So one evening the wife and I went down to beach for a walk at about sunset, so I stuck bicycle in van, and got a few quick pictures in silhouette of the bicycle at sunset. And entered one of those pics in the photo show. I had been entering this annual photo show most every year for something like 15 years, maybe half were motorcycle pics, with not even one placing. Well, the bicycle silhouette pic got a 3rd place prize.
                  Last edited by Redman; 01-31-2019, 06:29 PM. Reason: reword, spulling

Comment

I had fun with this one.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      Oof, now I know why your Facebook photo changed!

Damn good pic Bob!
                      Thanks, like Roger said above, this was a fun one.

I actually took the picture last November for a different theme.
                      I set the bike up in the door of the garage, facing the rising sun, about 7am.
                      The first pic is looking into the garage after setting up, with the bike running.
                      A half hour, and 30-40 pictures later, I had enough to pick one pic.
                      The second is the picture I picked, and the last one is the adjusted "silhouette" photo.

Last edited by Baatfam; 01-31-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Well I thought I had a better one to work with but this is what I'm going with.
                        Redman, you may want to remember this as the theme-opening picture of something silhouette

I took this one for a June pic-of-the-week entry having to do with water. It was raining.
                        I did a really choppy photoedit of the background (removing the trashcans and ugly wall).
                        I do like the outline of the bike and helmet with the wet pavement.

(here it is before editing)
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

This is one of two silhouettes I have.. neither are particularly wonderful...
                          http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Friday, Vote Day.

I will gather up the submissions.

The statement of the category-theme:
                            Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                            ... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... I'm thinking silhouette. Let's see some silhouettes.
                            And the submissions:

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                            Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                            Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            Originally posted by trevor View Post

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

V

more...................
                            Last edited by Redman; 02-01-2019, 08:50 AM. Reason: make Norms & Vince's pics display

Comment

more..............................

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post

Comment

Thanks Dave for the summation...much appreciated.

Tough choice as always...

Comment

Working...
                                X