No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voting for Bob's bike mailbox just for the coolness of the re purpose.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Bob Baatfam pix is interesting how it is posed from across the street, but yet really directs attention to the mailbox-bike.

Impressed with Glen Dorkburger late night low light shot (per usuall), both for the exposure under the lights, and for the general pose, and often "hum, what did he have to do to get bike there??"

Yah, for my pic; I saw the art work and thought how I could be satirical and say its is "useless, but others would say does serve some purpose". And when deciding what side of the artwork to see and where to pose the bike, I did kinda thought the overall outline shape of it did kinda resemble the bike, so had the bike pointed in that direction.

I like ROger Burques pic, is an item that at first looks like one thing, but then on second look realize it serves a complete other purpose. And an interesting pose to show the size of things.

Hum, I was half expecting to see some pics of bike parked in front of the office of some congressman someone didnt like, or maybe city hall.

Hey, Rich, Tell me something, did you purposely have the bike mirror block view of the baby face on the box, but can see baby face in the broken mirror piece on the bench??

Agemax, after looking at the pic multiple times, I wondered if that section of the wall is a garage door.

Vote for Burque.

Last edited by Redman; 09-20-2019, 09:55 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Voting for Baatfam this week.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Hey, Rich, Tell me something, did you purposely have the bike mirror block view of the baby face on the box, but can see baby face in the broken mirror piece on the bench?
          hee hee. Yep. Also positioned the square mirror to show the grill of my Mini (my other ride).
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

“Something that appears useless, silly, or fake, but actually has a serious purpose.”
            “Or the opposite, something that appears useful, and is totally not.”

So Bob, what did you mean when you said “It cannot be a part from, or on, a motorbike…”?
            It seems to me that your submission is quite a lot of “a part from… a motorbike”

murdoch’s is a lovely photo, but looking at it I wouldn’t know there’s a non-functioning fireplace there. I guess that it’s “something that appears useful, and is totally not.”
            Burque’s pic is cool. Unusual and odd-looking, but I know what it is.
            It took a while to figure out what the subject of Agemax’s was.
            Redman’s is a lovely photo of something apparently and perhaps actually useless.
            I like rich’s story
            I think mine is very much something that appears useless but has a purpose.
            Dork’s is kind of astounding
            Gustov’s required another picture to explain.
            I’m voting for dorkburger.
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Bob Baatfam pix is interesting how it is posed from across the street, but yet really directs attention to the mailbox-bike.

Only spot with enough shoulder to park, too much traffic to park in the road. Took several different angles, none very good.

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
              “Something that appears useless, silly, or fake, but actually has a serious purpose.”
              “Or the opposite, something that appears useful, and is totally not.”

So Bob, what did you mean when you said “It cannot be a part from, or on, a motorbike…”?
              It seems to me that your submission is quite a lot of “a part from… a motorbike”
              Totally correct, thanks, KF . I was so happy to have actually found something, I neglected my own rules.

I will gladly withdraw my entry, (it really isn't a very good photo), which would make Dorkburger the winner by my count.

(If someone could verify my count. I have Dorkburger with 3, Burque73 and murdoch with 2, and Redman with 1.)
              Last edited by Baatfam; 09-21-2019, 06:50 AM.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Totally correct, thanks, KF . I was so happy to have actually found something, I neglected my own rules.

I will gladly withdraw my entry, (it really isn't a very good photo), which would make Dorkburger the winner by my count.

(If someone could verify my count. I have Dorkburger with 3, Burque73 and murdoch with 2, and Redman with 1.)
                I would call that an honorable concession / withdrawal. My count says Dorkburger 4, Burque and murdoch 2, and Redman 1.

Glen, whaddya think? Want to give us direction for a new week?
                Here's where we been.

week of # theme winner # of wins pics votes
                1-Jan 1 What is the sun shining on redman 1 10 14
                5-Jan 2 profile Dave R 1 17 18
                12-Jan 3 my favorite picture burque 1 17 16
                19-Jan 4 peak / peek / pique kerrfunk 1 11 15
                26-Jan 5 silhouette sandy 1 12 13
                2-Feb 6 vineyard trevor 1 8 10
                9-Feb 7 tourist attraction marvinsc 1 12 11
                16-Feb 8 where the hell am i baatfam 1 12 15
                23-Feb 9 three redman 2 15 13
                2-Mar 10 colorful background kerrfunk 2 14 12
                9-Mar 11 Biker's POV bccap 1 13 13
                16-Mar 12 where you live burque 2 9 14
                23-Mar 13 fun perspective kerrfunk 3 8 10
                30-Mar 14 New to You dorkburger 1 15 9
                6-Apr 15 under cover rich 1 13 11
                13-Apr 16 detail dorkburger 2 17 16
                20-Apr 17 Spring theme. KillRamsey 1 13 13
                27-Apr 18 down low / bug's eye view Sandy 2 17 15
                4-May 19 deterioration / something ugly dorkburger 3 12 14
                11-May 20 wall gustovh 1 14 13
                18-May 21 with a stranger redman 3 7 12
                25-May 22 This should be good sandy 3 14 11
                1-Jun 23 old marvinsc 2 13 10
                8-Jun 24 flora fauna murdoch 1 14 11
                15-Jun 25 gear agemax 1 11 14
                22-Jun 26 with a boat agemax 2 12 11
                29-Jun 27 wildlife rich 2 8 15
                6-Jul 28 atmospheric phenomena burque 3 13 16
                13-Jul 29 interesting rock formation redman 4 10 10
                20-Jul 30 on the road baatfam 2 12 13
                27-Jul 31 new and old redman 5 11 17
                3-Aug 32 looking through jedz 1 10 10
                10-Aug 33 green power jedz 2 9 15
                17-Aug 34 hallowed ground jedz 3 12 12
                24-Aug 35 where you came from / stomping grounds sandy 4 14 14
                31-Aug 36 panorama kerrfunk 4 8 11
                7-Sep 37 make me laugh baatfam 3 14 14
                14-Sep 38 apparently useless but not dorkburger 4 10 15

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                  Just trying to get my first photo posted since Photobucket melted down...
                  Didn't see how to resize, so we will see.

I see that is imgur
                  h t t p s :/ /i.imgur.com/TxX2Kwy . j p g
                  (I added spaces)

At the time you uploaded the pic onto imgur, there are selections for what size to have the pic stored into imgur, some of the choices are something like 500, 640, 800, or 1000 pixle wide. 640 is adaquate, 800 is big enough, 1000 fairly big. Then when you post the pic, there isnt any choices, you get it however it is stored.

Other pic hosting sites (flickr) the pic is stored on the site in full size, then when you get a link for posting you can select what size to have the link. But with imgur that is all determeined when you load the pic on imgur.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    hee hee. Yep. Also positioned the square mirror to show the grill of my Mini (my other ride).
                    As I have said before: Photographers are weird.

Comment

I see that is imgur
                      h t t p s :/ /i.imgur.com/TxX2Kwy . j p g
                      (I added spaces)

At the time you uploaded the pic onto imgur, there are selections for what size to have the pic stored into imgur, some of the choices are something like 500, 640, 800, or 1000 pixle wide. 640 is adaquate, 800 is big enough, 1000 fairly big. Then when you post the pic, there isnt any choices, you get it however it is stored.

Other pic hosting sites (flickr) the pic is stored on the site in full size, then when you get a link for posting you can select what size to have the link. But with imgur that is all determeined when you load the pic on imgur.
                      I use Imgur and i can choose what size the pic is in the link, i use "huge thumbnail"
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                        I use Imgur and i can choose what size the pic is in the link, i use "huge thumbnail"
                        Oh.... now I see that. Down in lower right is selection of picture size for the link. THe default is "original", so then get what ever size it was stored as (which is what I have been doing). Okay.

Comment

Asleep at the stick.... sorry guys.
                          I voted last night, too tired even to comment. I thought Bob a had a commanding lead, so I didn’t even bother to check in this morning, but maybe I was tired when counting too.

Been busy doing house / garage / shed stuff all day at a steady, if not leisurely pace...
                          Dave, I got your message a while ago and figured I’d better check in.

I’ll get something up shortly. I have two potential subjects, need to see what one has a better image.

Sorry for the delay.....
                          Last edited by dorkburger; 09-21-2019, 08:18 PM.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Lighting effects....any and all. The more abstract, the better....

I often like to place things behind the windscreen and cause them to become distorted, in this case, I gave the rusing sun a twin.... catching the sunbeam in the image was good dumb luck.
                            http://20170904_063534-1 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Nice! Thanks!
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                Asleep at the stick.... sorry guys.
                                I voted last night, too tired even to comment. I thought Bob a had a commanding lead, so I didn’t even bother to check in this morning, but maybe I was tired when counting too.
                                Bob got the most votes, it's true, but I called him for a foul. His theme included the directions of not including bike or bike parts, and then he had his motorcycle mailbox. I pointed it out and he laughed and conceded. It's all good.

Comment

Working...
                                X