No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful day in the Ohio River Valley today -- about sixty degrees warmer than five days ago! And the rest of this week is looking cloudy with scattered showers, so I charged up the bike and put 90 miles on it, my first ride of 2019. Googlemaps found me a vineyard about 40 lovely twisty miles north of me. I went with a B&W picture because off season. You can see the vines in the background. Also I figured out how to do the panorama setting on my camera.

Also, I discovered I'm badly in need of a new rear tire. I have about 6,500 miles on this one.
    Click on the pic and you'll see threads instead of treads!
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

threads !
      You have been going to the right church..
      1979 GS1000
      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
        You have been going to the right church..
        Pretty sure Kerry is the pastor of that church. I'm sure that didn't hurt.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Someone needs to put a Bike Bandit Gift Card in the Offering basket! Haha. I would if I lived closer... maybe next summer. �� It would be fun for a bunch of GSR'ers to attend one of Kerry's services. �� You think they'd allow a Lutheran? Haha
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I meet monthly with a few other pastors, including a Lutheran. In fact, "the Lutheran" is his last name. Carl the Lutheran. It just sounds right. Not like Kerry the Methodist or even Pat the Presbyterian. Carl the Lutheran.

All y'all are welcome. Lutherans, Methodists, Catholics, "nones". It's all good.

Comment

I wouldn't do that to Kerry's church. Place would likely catch fire if I walked in and sat down...

I have no pictures of vineyards, nor orchards. Weather still sucks too bad to go find one...

This coming season, I plan to take a lot more pictures on my outings...
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

.................I'm badly in need of a new rear tire...............
                Without interrupting the proceedings too much, Let me give you a testimony: Brake hard on a tire like that and it will go sideways real easy.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sandy, thanks for the orchard allowance. We do have vineyards in NJ and NJ wine is a thing, but the only picture I have of one has no bike in it.

Wemrock Orchard. The building in the background is historic in nature, but I'm not sure if it's to be restored, or if nature is being allowed to take over. If the barns not pictured are an indication, it may be the latter. Apple trees on the left. This spot is adjacent to Monmouth Battlefield.

http://GS 1150. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Every year the Vernonia Lions Club travels to the Helvetia Winery to set up their big top which they use for outdoor events. They make a donation and we have fun. The first pic is the winery and the second the tent. The first is the entry.

v
                    Attached Files
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Unless my schedule changes, this is the best I have....

Last edited by Baatfam; 02-06-2019, 10:12 AM.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Unless my schedule changes, this is the best I have....
                        Gee, Bob, that's terrible. I hope you have a chance to redeem yourself for that beautiful horrible picture.

Comment

Gee, Bob, that's terrible. I hope you have a chance to redeem yourself for that beautiful horrible picture.
                          I think I have......LOL....Like the fog better...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hey, Bob,
                            Thought I would have some fun with your idea .

I found this all was more of a challenge that I first thought it would be. But had some fun anyway.

This IS NOT an entry.

Last edited by Redman; 02-07-2019, 12:05 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Friday.
                              Vote Day.

First, the statement of the subject-theme, and the accompanying submission"

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                              .............................. Something to do with vineyards and if there isn't any available nearby I guess an orchard will suffice. ,,,,

And the other submissions:

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              This was taken at vineyard not far from my house...I do miss this bike...
                              Originally posted by Redman View Post

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                              Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Last edited by Redman; 02-08-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Let me know if I missed any.

I included Bob baatfam's composite picture (made from two pics) as there is no rule-agreement against it (but dont let this be the precedent).

Hey, we are just having fun here, to see the pictures and share the fun, and enjoy the photographic talent.

Last edited by Redman; 02-08-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X