No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note to self: Next time riding by an orchard or vineyard (40-50 miles from here), stop for some pics.

Hum... in some of the entries it is not so apparent that is a vineyard/orchard, even after explaining it, it still isnt apparent.
    I suppose that some folks just didnt have any orchard-vineyard shots, such as myself. Now corn fields and blueberry fields, that I have.

In deciding between Sandy and Trevor, I will go with Trevor. I liked the green turning to yellow colors of the vines, and the angle of the rows can see are multiple rows. THe bush and curb is something of a distraction, but shows something of the area (and maybe why bike not right next to the row of vines, har har har).
    Last edited by Redman; 02-08-2019, 09:38 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks again Dave for grouping these pics together.

I like Trevor's this week with Kerrfunk's and Dorkburger's closely following.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Good morning all.
        Voting for Trevor as well. I like the fall colors.
        I still miss seeing that bike here.... it was a beauty.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It looks like Trevor has the early lead, but I'll put some gas in Kerrfunk's tank...
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Bob, I really did like your first pic. Woulda voted for it. The fog doesn't do it for me, though.

Glen, I keep coming back to yours. My vote's for dorkburger
            Thanks for the gas, BigD! Maybe others will follow suit! It's a great pic! Mrs. Funk digs it.
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

My Vote is for Trevor.
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                Bob, I really did like your first pic. Woulda voted for it. The fog doesn't do it for me, though.
                Hahaha....I was called out on the shadows right away....Second one was better execution, just not as fun a picture...

Three pictures grabbed me this week.
                Burque73's - Red bike against brown/tans....wonderful colors
                trevor's - Blue bike against the yellow...again, wonderful colors
                kerrfunk's - B&W was also stunning....

In the end, my vote is for Roger (Burque73) in a very close decision.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Hahaha....I was called out on the shadows right away....Second one was better execution, just not as fun a picture...
                  Ha. I didn't even look that close. I thought "man, that is one photogenic bike, I swear I have seen it before" but I didn't give it a second thought. Good sport.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Voting for Kerry, that B and W shot is cool. No submission for me that week, as one might guess my Western Kentucky stomping grounds are not a hot bed for Vinyards and Orchards. Dark fired Tobacco and Hemp are everywhere.
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I love the bright colours in Trevor's as well as the composition so I'm going with his this week. As usual the entries still amaze me ...good work everyone.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Trevor, Trevor, and again Trevor.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Saturday

Vote Tally.

I count Trevor 6, Keerfunk 2, Dorkburger 1, Burque 1.

Congrats Trev.
                          What fun subject-theme-category you have for us this week....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Saturday

Vote Tally.

I count Trevor 6, Keerfunk 2, Dorkburger 1, Burque 1.

Congrats Trev.
                            What fun subject-theme-category you have for us this week....?
                            Thanks everyone....it sure was a little hard looking at my old bike in the picture...and I forgot about the custome seat I had made for it...it looked pretty cool. Sold it to a member here.
                            I'm coming up with something shortly....stay tuned.
                            No signature

Comment

Ok...here we go...I know I have been vocal about not posting "tag game" like photos...I'm hoping people can show creative pics to this theme that could be "tag game" like...

Anyway....the theme is a tourist attraction....this is a wide open theme that can be open to interpretation...have fun with it everyone.

Cheers

This was taken on our way back from California in May 2017 in Leggett Ca...Always wanted to ride my bike through a tree...

Check out how old it is!

No signature

Comment

Congratulations Trevor! That was a good photo.
                                Great theme, too! Should be an easy one for those that aren't riding this time of year, since most of us take pictures at this sort of place.
                                Hopefully we get a decent turn out this week.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Ok...here we go...I know I have been vocal about not posting "tag game" like photos...I'm hoping people can show creative pics to this theme that could be "tag game" like...
                                Ah....I think the only way to really do that, is to stop picking physical things that can be "tagged."
                                If we pick things like a direction, an emotion, a smell, a color, a season, etc., than we would be forced to be creative.
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X