No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So right now I'm in Israel, but I do have a pic on Flickr I can use for this one. Somebody may have to repost though because format.
    Oh, I did sit on a guy's scooter today just to get my pic on a motorcycle while I'm here.

Here's the town park entrance one mile from my house.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
      So right now I'm in Israel, but I do have a pic on Flickr I can use for this one. Somebody may have to repost though because format.
      Oh, I did sit on a guy's scooter today just to get my pic on a motorcycle while I'm here.

Here's the town park entrance one mile from my house.

https://flic.kr/p/2hocjAd
      2019-09-30_06-00-34 by Kerry Bart, on Flickr
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I was trying to avoid this "welcome to....." picture, but is only pic I know of.

Is from November 2012 for the tag game, hense why its just "here is bike, here is sign, see both together". Well, I did include the boat just to make it a little more unique, I guess.
        Is next to the main US highway route coming into town from the drawbridge, in a little triangle median between the US route (divided lanes on left) and a local street (on right) that Ys off (just behind me). And is another street right behind the boat and sign. So is lots of traffic on all sides, and curbs all around, so presented some challenge for even this documentary posing. (but the handicap ramps on sidewalks help hee hee)

Am pondering if can find a better pose/setting for a more interesting pic.
        Last edited by Redman; 09-30-2019, 04:35 PM. Reason: ramps help

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Trev, Nice pic, nice scene (as are most of the scenes you show of your area).
          THe subject-category for this week, as stated by Gustov, stipulated the inclusion of sign of some sort that identify the area.

I am not arguing with you. I am not saying you have to take the pic down. I am only pointing out this detail to you which might effect some folks voting.
          Fair enough
          No signature

Comment

Although I live more in the township (Miami) than the city, this is our mailing city and where the kids go to school (Miamisburg High School/Miamisburg Middle School). I wanted to do something a little different here with the post-editing so hopefully it's not too outlandish.

Miamisburg Mound no color by Scott Baker, on Flickr

The mound is the largest Adena Indian burial mound in the state of Ohio. I've posted pictures of the other side before but you can walk to the top and get a good view around this part of the Miami Valley

View from the top of the mound by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Mound Plaque by Scott Baker, on Flickr
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
              This weeks challenge is "Where I Live" A sign, poster, billboard or anything that states where you live.
              OK, how about a "2-fer"?

This is the sign AND my house.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Friday.
                Vote DAy.

Let me compile the entries.

First, the statement of the catagogory-theme and the accompanying submission:

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                This weeks challenge is "Where I Live" A sign, poster, billboard or anything that states where you live.

And the other submissions:

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                Best i can do as my bike is off the road for the winter now.............
                Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Knoxville 54 miles
                (Trevor admitted his pic didnt contain a sign, but hasnt submitted a replacement, so this is still his submission.)
                Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                Originally posted by jabcb

,,,,,,,,,, more

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

more................

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  This is the sign AND my house.
                  Let me know if I missed any.
                  Last edited by Redman; 10-04-2019, 06:18 AM. Reason: fix Kerry's

Comment

Steve gets extra credit for including not only a sign but also the house "where lives".

I have to comment on Scott Cowboy's striking photo. That picture gets my attention and interest because it is the bike, the sign and the mound that keeps my interest with not much else to distract my attention from those main elements.

I really like Bob baatfam pic, since I know the setting, and can understand why he took the pic.
                    (aint no sign to my town, 660 miles.) He could have an another sign, on his bike, "I can come here any day that I want."

Having to decide between Burque's Albuquerque and Dorkburger's Freehold Diner, is something of a toss-up.
                    Albuquergue sign was caught in about best possible light not having distracting shadows and he got the bike in there on the city sidewalk-plaza.
                    The Freehold diner is a night-time shot with just street light illumination (but apparently too late for the neon to be on). You know, most other people would have just stood there and took pic from standing there, maybe backed up more if wanted to include the sign. But look what Glen did, he got inplace (low) so could include the flower (to fill foreground some, and color similar to sign) and still get in the sign. I will use that as the tie breaker.
                    Voting for Dorkburger.
                    Last edited by Redman; 10-04-2019, 07:02 AM. Reason: Any day.

Comment

I am also voting for Dorkburger.

I wonder though if anyone had passed by what they would have thought about the person laying on the ground with a camera in their hands? That would probably have been a good story to explain.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Albuquergue sign was caught in about best possible light not having distracting shadows and he got the bike in there on the city sidewalk-plaza. ................
                        I took a few pics at different times during the morning. The first shot had a shadow blocking part of the letters on the sign. I must have returned four times within a two hour period trying for the ideal light, then ran out of time and had to get to church by 9am.

civic plaza had a big celebration the night before and the cleanup effort was going on with some streets closed. In between business suits, city workers and street people walking by, somehow I managed to avoid running into any police. Would have been an interesting conversation if I did though.

Looking at Scott's pic of the Murray sign, I wondered why this tool box was just floating there. Ah ha, looking closer the KLR comes into view, LOL.

Glen has a great photo, but can't really read the name on the sign.

Gonna have another cup o'joe and look at these pics again later.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Dave, you give more credit then I deserve. The low POV was enforced by my tiny tripod. I also tried placing it on one of those self serve nearby newspaper boxes, but it was then too high. A few people walked by / around me with no comment and barely a glance.

Voting for Cowboy. His image is one of those cases where a simple setup just works. And works well. A solid and interesting image.
                          Last edited by dorkburger; 10-04-2019, 12:36 PM.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Voting for mr jabcb and his friendly neighborhood bike cop.I usually try to stay much farther away from such situations. Do bike cops wave?
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

voting for dorkburger. Beautiful, Glen. Glad you only had the tiny tripod. Would not have gotten the same affect at eye-level.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Dorkburger gets my vote this week.
                                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
                                X