Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Congratulations Trevor! That was a good photo.
    Great theme, too! Should be an easy one for those that aren't riding this time of year, since most of us take pictures at this sort of place.
    Hopefully we get a decent turn out this week.

Ah....I think the only way to really do that, is to stop picking physical things that can be "tagged."
    If we pick things like a direction, an emotion, a smell, a color, a season, etc., than we would be forced to be creative.
    Totally agree! This has been a lot of fun...love seeing the photos you guys are posting.
    No signature

Comment

So I know this isn't the photographiest of photos, but I submit it because of what it includes: rider, copilot, gear, directions, and bike, at a biker's tourist attraction.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Not exactly a Tourist attraction, a marker about an event near the end of WW2 that is in the neighboring County. I had heard of it for years and finally made my way over there. I had no idea about the reflection of me and the KLR until I got home and downloaded the pics.

IMG_3387 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Seneca Lake at Watkins Glen NY. The whole area is a tourist attraction. The famed racetrack, local wineries and vineyards surrounding the lake, the gorge, etc.
          http://996 & 1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

You will have to ask yourself, "are those HUGE bikes or a small arch?
            And it has nothing to do with forced perspective.

This is just outside the town of Warren, PA. This is where they assembled the sections of the Gateway Arch, then shipped them to St. Louis. Click HERE for the story.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

LOL Steve, we were in St. Louis in 1962 or 63 while the Arch was being constructed. As a six year old I could not figure out how they got cranes on the top of the spires, it was about 3/4 complete at the time.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Most pictures I have of something, say, the pier, and if I told you it was a tourist attraction, well, the picture would be a picture of the pier.

Most prominent tourist attraction around here is the Lake Michigan beach at the state park.
                Here is a picture of that AND the tourist too. So the fact that it is a tourist attraction is evident in the photo.

Any warm summer day there are thousands and thousands and thousands of people down there, fills up the state park parking area, and large area of town on street parking and downtown parking. On a hot summer day the state park will be full by 10am.
                Here is about as close as I get on those occasions.
                So, really, it is a picture that shows all the closer I get to the tourist attraction and the tourist and the boaters.

Last edited by Redman; 02-10-2019, 01:28 PM. Reason: so really.............

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here's "The Most Interesting Spot In The Old West".....or so the sign says!

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

OK, I don't get to play here often, but I can do it this time.

This is about 185 miles northwest of Roger's trading post. I'll bet that more toursists have been here.

Current image from Google Earth shows that this shot is no longer possible.

There used to be some shopping kiosks a bit farther out from the markers, they have been moved a LOT closer.
                    Current ride: 1982 GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      You will have to ask yourself, "are those HUGE bikes or a small arch?
                      And it has nothing to do with forced perspective.

This is just outside the town of Warren, PA. This is where they assembled the sections of the Gateway Arch, then shipped them to St. Louis. Click HERE for the story.

I like that bike......

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Seneca Lake at Watkins Glen NY. The whole area is a tourist attraction. The famed racetrack, local wineries and vineyards surrounding the lake, the gorge, etc.
                        http://996 & 1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        Glen, i bet that 996 sounds good with the Arrow exhaust.
                        A little roadrash on the tailpiece and swingarm?
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The lower section to Helen Hunt Falls in Cheyenne Canon there in Colorado Springs

Helen Hunt Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

You can cross the bridge there and walk back a ways uphill to another section of the falls that are bigger but I don't have any good pictures of them
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got one that immediately came to mind, but I've used it before, and I am trying to avoid that in 2019.
                            Have a bunch of bike pictures parked at attractions, but you can't tell it is an attraction.
                            Have plenty of attraction photos, without a bike.
                            Probably can't get out this week.

Hmmm...The search continues...
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                              I like that bike......
                              Thanks. Believe it or not, it's the same bike that she showed in post #2545.

You can see another picture of it by clicking on the link for her bike in my signature.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Mt Shasta 2009

V
                                Gustov
                                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                                80 GS 550 L
                                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                                2002 Honda 919