No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear ya, Jedz. Do what you gotta do. Who could ask for anything more, right?

I come to GSR for this thread, for motorcycle advice when I need it, and honestly, I sometimes come with the proverbial bag of popcorn to watch some of the drama.

Vaya con dios, Justin. I will miss your contributions to this thread.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Sorry to see you go Jedz.......
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Love the pictures, Rich, especially with the cast (or wrap). The [lack of helmet] plus [3-wheeler wheelie] makes me cringe. Any other injuries?
        Pottsville, eh? Home of the famous (or infamous!) Yuengling Lager.
        I've been on the Yuengling Brewery tour a few times. Used to live in Reading (and in Hershey, and in Lancaster, and in Pottstown).
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
          Love the pictures, Rich, especially with the cast (or wrap). The [lack of helmet] plus [3-wheeler wheelie] makes me cringe. Any other injuries?
          Pottsville, eh? Home of the famous (or infamous!) Yuengling Lager.
          I've been on the Yuengling Brewery tour a few times. Used to live in Reading (and in Hershey, and in Lancaster, and in Pottstown).
          I grew up about 25 miles from Pottsville, still haven't done the Yuengling tour but I support the company in other ways. (They make ice cream, right?)

Yeah, riding w/out a helmet sure was dumb and I don't remember ever not wearing a helmet. Probably did it just because someone had a camera out. On the accident w/ the 200X that dislocated my wrist, I am 100% positive that the only reason I'm alive to tell the story is because of my helmet. Riding on one of the many coal roads in the area, it had just started raining hard all of the sudden, so me and my two buddies on dirt bikes headed for home. I was full out 6th gear, maybe 50-60 mph and hit a little dip. The sudden rain caused small rivulets to appear across the road. I misjudged (understatement) one and one back tire dipped into it and sent me and the trike tumbling. Afterword my buddy behind me said I hung on for 3 full revolutions and the bike turned 3 or 4 more times after I flew off. Face (helmet) down in the dirt, splayed out on my belly, left glove was missing, right one was still on but I couldn't feel the fingers on that hand. With my left hand, I pulled off my right glove and saw my wrist bent at a really bad angle. One buddy's grandparents lived close by so he went there and called my parents and an ambulance. Pottsville was closest so that's where they took me. I still carry, under the skin on my right elbow a little bit of PA bituminous from that accident.

A memorable side story: Before setting my wrist, the nurse was administering a pain blocker and asked if I'd had anything to eat that day because the medicine was likely to make me nauseous. I said no. But it wasn't long before she looked and me and handed me a pan. I must have had that look. The pile of mostly whole cherries that wound up in the pail sparked my memory that I had participated in a pie eating contest at a fair in my town earlier that day. I haven't eaten cherry pie since. That was 32 years ago.

No other injuries of note, though I had my share of crashes on my first bike, a Yamaha 250 (not my actual bike pictured, but just like it) and the two trikes. But the cumulative effect of all the crashes and sports certainly helped contribute to knee problems for which I've had surgeries for ACL and meniscus repair. Yep. Good Times.
          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-01-2019, 11:31 AM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            As I move forward with my life I try to only interact with positive individuals in positive situations, life is just way too damn short to not be happy and filled with positivity.
            That's a wise viewpoint for a millennial Jedz. I agree 100%.

What you have decided has been decided by many other good people over the years. It is a sad fact of internet forums that as they attract individuals who only wish to share and participate, they also attract and retain social misfits who use the structural anonymity to act out personal failings without real world consequences.

I've enjoyed looking at your photos. Your absence will be hole in this thread. All the best.
            1979 GS1000
            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

I know exactly where you are coming from Jedz. I too have been logging in less and less. There's definitely some awesome folks on this website (you being one of them) but there are a couple of ya-whos too... I got your phone number and you know where I live, your welcome anytime you're blowing through Y-town... (sorry for the thread jack)
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hey Team

Well it's been a fun run but .....-Jedz
                Jedz, I think you are by far the heartiest of the bunch when it comes to all weather riding and you're always willing to share your opinion and experience. Too bad some don't appreciate it. You'll be missed here. I enjoy all of your youtube videos and will continue to subscribe with great interest in everything you do regarding motocycles. --a fan.

Is this a vortex thing? is this what the vortex does to people? I've been curious about it and thought of asking for access a few times. Think I'll just keep my nose out of it.
                Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 02-28-2019, 02:56 PM.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Justin, I'm sorry to see you leave here, but i do understand. I've enjoyed your contributions and enthusiasm for the sport that brings us together, your pictures along with your input in the sharky off topic forums. I do follow you on IG and your FB page, so I'll l see you there....
                  If I ever get to head up you're way, I'll look you up.

Take care....
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Justin, you are a great guy , and I enjoy your post. And would like to see you continue at least some here on “picture” and “went for ride”.
                    Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

[QUOTE=Redman;2530528]Justin, you are a great guy , and I enjoy your post. And would like to see you continue at least some here on “picture” and “went for ride”.

Dave[/QUOTE

”Ditto”

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

See ya on facebook Jedz.
                        No signature

Comment

Well SHE~IT. We loose another good one to the trolls. That tragic story is popping up more and more. At least some end up coming back, like Trev... Good luck Jedz, I catch your YouTube channel buddy...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

All the Best Jedz, see you at a get together soon I hope!
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Friday. Vote Day.

Let me make a summary of the entries here.

First the statement of the subject-category-theme by Bob.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              This week's subject/theme is....

THREE or if you prefer 3

Three what you ask? Three anythings, or just a 3.
                              Just put a bike, or bikes, or part of a bike, that you've owned, in the picture.
                              And then the entries:

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              Originally posted by gsbill View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]57352[/ATTACH]
                              Originally posted by Redman View Post

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                              Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              ..................more........................
                              Last edited by Redman; 03-01-2019, 09:04 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

more.............
                                Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                                Originally posted by Spyder View Post

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                Let me know if I missed any.

Comment

Working...
                                X