79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

A different perspective that produces a fun effect.
      Stand a ways back, zoom in, at just the right time of day and time of year and place to have the sun directly behind the bike.
      SAM_0274c2re by David V, on Flickr

Well, stand a ways back and kneel down.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then I hope that Dave (Redman) is flattered. Great minds think alike, I guess. I honestly got this image in my head when this week's theme was announced. I was just waiting for the right night to do it. For what it's worth, I like Dave's better. He captured a gorgeous sky. I took a series of shots within seconds of each other to capture this one. The streak in the sky was only in this shot. So I can only assume that I captured a shooting star (meteor) and not a jet trail. I never saw it until I loaded the pics on my computer.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-26-2019, 10:54 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          This week's theme, a fun perspective.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

That's awesome, Kerry! Exactly what I'd hoped to see.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

That's awesome, Kerry! Exactly what I'd hoped to see.
              I could use it for "Where You Live" too -- after I positioned the bike, I texted my daughter, who walked the 75 yards from the house to take the picture for me.

Comment

Great shot Kerrfunk, edited it slightly just to make it look a bit more "real", lol. (removed the main stand from the pic.)
                kerfunk.jpg
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  I could use it for "Where You Live" too -- after I positioned the bike, I texted my daughter, who walked the 75 yards from the house to take the picture for me.
                  Must have taken some coordination, nice job.

This one, NOT AN ENTRY, from last year would fit here too, but I'm trying not to reuse older photos. Speaking of which, I thought for sure you'd have a big elephant in your pic.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I thought about the elephant, but I've already used it, plus I wanted to do this setup.

Here it is with fire hydrant removed as well.

And the original photo:
                    Last edited by kerrfunk; 03-28-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

FRIDAY

Vote Day.

First the statement of the theme, and accompanying submission:
                      Here's a pic I took this morning from a fun perspective. That's this week's theme, a fun perspective.

And the other submissions

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                      Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Originally posted by gustovh View Post

V
                      Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                      Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                      Eight submission.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Roger, what is that arrow? Yah, looks like it landed into your seat, Ha, that is a fun perspective. And the jet contrail and the sun under the fairing are added elements.

I also liked a couple more as interesting pictures that have unusual perspectives.

But for the category-theme of "fun perspective", I will vote for Kerry Kerrfunk.
                        I will also search news sources there to see if I find any headline "Local Pastor arrested for riding motorcycle thru downtown center square park."

Comment

Thanks Dave, for the summation!

A lot of different, fun perspectives here, but the one that was the most fun for me, was Kerrfunk's.
                          I actually LOL....

(Sorry gang, no entry from me this week, too much going on)
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Kerrfunk gets my vote.
                            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

gotta be kerrfunk. That is fun. But if he wins, his daughter should get the honor of picking the next theme since she took the pic.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                gotta be kerrfunk. That is fun. But if he wins, his daughter should get the honor of picking the next theme since she took the pic.
                                I would honor that. That's the same daughter I caught a little grief here about for parading her around the parking lot in a little pink jumpsuit and bicycle helmet before her feet could reach any pegs. She takes her driver's license test today.

Comment

Working...
                                X