Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    I was thinking that a lot of folks may have pics of that occasion.
    My second thought was that might be what such a picture was taken for, but that fact is not really evident in the picture.
    I did think about that, that a person might not guess the theme based on the picture. I'm okay with that.

Here's the 2019 list:
    # of winners
    burque 9
    week of # theme winner # of wins pics votes
    1-Jan 1 What is the sun shining on redman 1 10 14
    5-Jan 2 profile Dave R 1 17 18
    12-Jan 3 my favorite picture burque 1 17 16
    19-Jan 4 peak / peek / pique kerrfunk 1 11 15
    26-Jan 5 silhouette sandy 1 12 13
    2-Feb 6 vineyard trevor 1 8 10
    9-Feb 7 tourist attraction marvinsc 1 12 11
    16-Feb 8 where the hell am i baatfam 1 12 15
    23-Feb 9 three redman 2 15 13
    2-Mar 10 colorful background kerrfunk 2 14 12
    9-Mar 11 Biker's POV bccap 1 13 13
    16-Mar 12 where you live burque 2 9 14
    23-Mar 13 fun perspective kerrfunk 3 8 10
    30-Mar 14 New to You
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

The first view of the new-to-me '79 GS1000 in all its' unvarnished loveliness in
      the sellers' garage in a small village in northern Saskatchewan.. No tweaking or digital manipulation needed.

1979 GS1000
      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

"New to you"
        This will take some thinking....
        New what (?) to me????? Hmmmmmmmm
        New places, new things, new parts, new experiences, new people...the list is endless.....

I like it....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Last time new to me applied to a cycle purchase was 19 years ago.i do have a goofy pic of me and my KZ 550 from around 1992.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            "New to you"
            This will take some thinking....
            New what (?) to me????? Hmmmmmmmm
            New places, new things, new parts, new experiences, new people...the list is endless.....

I like it....
            The list is indeed endless. Have fun!
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I will start with a new to me bike, in fact this is a pic from the Ebay ad when I purchased my new to me GS850G out of Brewster Ohio in 2005. Then I had to tell my Wife what I had done and make arraingements to go pick it up..........

Suzuki3 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

This is a pic of my GS1000 the day after i bought it in 1995. It doesn't look much like that anymore!
                original gus.jpg
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

1983 ..... Just picked up my new bike and dropped by a friends house to show it off......Thirty six years later and I still have the bike..... Thirty six years later and I don't have the hair.......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
                    The least complete bike that I bought & trailered home. A ’73 Suzuki T500 with two non-running motors and lots of parts. Pic taken at a rest stop on the way home with the latest purchase.

The most complete bike that I bought & trailered home. A restored ’83 Honda CB700SC. Pic taken in the PO’s driveway.

jabcb, is one of those an entry in the Pic of the week game?
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

This '86 Honda 200X was new and new to me when I was 15-16 yrs old. Bought it with my paper route money.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb
                        .................... two pics showing the best & worst ..............
                        Thanks you for your participation.

But, which is the entry into the game...? and which is just talking about it some more.....
                        If multiple pics, most folks will assume the first pic is the entry.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rules:

1. Today is Saturday, I'll start with a theme.
                          2. Saturday to Thursday is submissions time. Everyone else can post one (and only one) picture that meets the theme.
                          3. Friday is voting day. Vote for the picture you like the most. You can vote even if you didn't participate with a pic during the week. (voting closes at midnight, Pacific time zone).
                          4. In case of a tie during the voting day, the first vote that breaks the tie the day after will decide the winner.
                          5. Saturday, the winner of the week posts a new theme using an example picture.
                          6. The example picture ALSO participates.
                          7. Any bike can participate... not only GS's (as long as it was yours when the pic was taken)
                          8. The date of the picture does not matter, or who took the pic. You can use new or old pics as long as you've got the bike in the pic (or as much of the bike as necessary for the theme) and they meet the week's theme.

I'm not trying to be an a$$, just want everyone to have fun playing the game with the rules that have been laid out from the beginning. This is from post #1.
                          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-02-2019, 02:05 PM.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

This is a photo of my GS1000 taken in 2004 when I actually put it back on the road full time. I bought it from a friend in the fall of 1993, rode it a bit that fall and then squirreled it away in a garage for later use. I had other bikes to ride, life got busy and other than firing it up once a year it remained parked until the winter of 03/04 when I resurrected it for full time use. So at that time it was pretty much a new to me ride and I've been riding it ever since. A mishap a couple of years later saw the unfortunate demise of the "S" fairing.

1979 Suzuki GS1000

by soates50, on Flickr
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                              1983 ..... Just picked up my new bike and dropped by a friends house to show it off......Thirty six years later and I still have the bike..... Thirty six years later and I don't have the hair.......

Great pic Garth! You look like Sunny Bono!! Lol
                              No signature

Comment

Just over five years ago I bought my first brand new motorcycle in almost 30 years. A BMW K1300R Carbon Fibre SE...I was new back to riding and realized I was riding a lot of miles to only have older bikes.
                                I went in to look at the S model with the fairing and they should me a pic of this bike....I ordered it on the spot...never even sat on one before...lol...the bike has been amazing! 75,000 kms on it now and it runs like the day I bought it.

The dealer called me when it arrived so I could see it getting uncrated.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X