No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going with dorkburger this week.... It's the grin that tipped the balance.......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Rich gets my vote, purely for the fact that brings back lots of fond memories of when i owned one of those death trap ATC's. Never had so much scary fun on a bike as i did with that one, lol
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        Rich gets my vote, purely for the fact that brings back lots of fond memories of when i owned one of those death trap ATC's. Never had so much scary fun on a bike as i did with that one, lol
        Thanks, "scary fun" is a good phrase for that. My cojones must have been way bigger way back then. No way I'd ride something like that now, at least the way I rode it back then.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

For me it's a toss up between bccap and Dorkburger. Both show the new proud owners but as others have noted, it's dorkburger's grin that seals the deal.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Saturday

Vote Tally

Trevor 2, Dorkburger 5, bccap 1, Rich 1.

Mr Glen Dorkburger, Congrats, and what fun theme-category do you have for us this coming week?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Saturday Vote Tally
              Trevor 2, Dorkburger 5, bccap 1, Rich 1.

Mr Glen Dorkburger, Congrats, and what fun theme-category do you have for us this coming week?
              I concur on the vote tally.

Here's where we've been this year: fourteen completed weeks, ten different winners.

# of winners
              # theme winner # of wins pics votes
              1 What is the sun shining on redman 1 10 14
              2 profile Dave R 1 17 18
              3 my favorite picture burque 1 17 16
              4 peak / peek / pique kerrfunk 1 11 15
              5 silhouette sandy 1 12 13
              6 vineyard trevor 1 8 10
              7 tourist attraction marvinsc 1 12 11
              8 where the hell am i baatfam 1 12 15
              9 three redman 2 15 13
              10 colorful background kerrfunk 2 14 12
              11 Biker's POV bccap 1 13 13
              12 where you live burque 2 9 14
              13 fun perspective kerrfunk 3 8 10
              14 New to You dorkburger 1 15 9
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I vote for dorkb......

What? Saturday already? Dang...

OK Glen....Whatcha got for us?
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Good morning and thanks.
                  This week took me back in time a bit. That LTD was probably the perfect bike for me to start street riding on and I did enjoy it, but my real love for streetbikes / street riding began when I bought my brothers 83 GS 1100e. They are still among the short list my favorite bikes.

Rich's ATC picture had me thinking about the last time I rode one. Long after I sold my 250r, my brother bought one for cheap and got it running. One particular Sunday morning we stopped by. It had snowed about two inches the night before and it was quickly melting. I took it out for a rip around the field across the street. Before long the feeling, familiarity, and fiendish joy of the machine came back and I had it in 6th gear, wide open, back wheels broken loose on the snow / mud, and steering by subtle weight shifts to steer from the rear. It was a brief and wonderful visit to the glory days when we rode every Sunday. My brother watching from afar commented to his stepson "thats how one of those is supposed to be ridden"......
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

.... and enough with my memory laning.....

This week - under cover - as in your bike under..... something / anything. A Canopy, shady tree, cloudy sky, etc. A wide ranging subject.

http://1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I have been waiting for a chance to post this picture. A lot of you will laugh, mock me and call me a cheat but it is a genuine photo i took on my mobile phone. did not see anything untowards when i took the picture and it only became apparent when i uploaded it to my laptop. The garage where i keep my bike stored is about a mile from my house and is next to Radford lake. Here is a link to the White Lady of Radford http://hauntedplymouth.blogspot.com/...lady-road.html

ghost.jpg
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

She has good taste in bikes.......
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

That's a great package Agemax.
                          There appears to be a wistful longing showing in her penetrating gaze into the camera (and cameraman)?

1979 GS1000
                          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Durango, Colorado. 1300 (straight-line) miles from home, with a 1300cc paperweight.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

(The voice of Marlin Perkins from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom) "If you look carefully you will spot the elusive KLR 650 lurking in the shadows"

IMG_3915 (1) by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X