No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burque73's pic does it for me. Nice one Roger!
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Rich for me...
      No signature

Comment

Thanks once again Dave for putting together the compilation.

Great week! Every single photo clearly met the theme.
        Which means I could vote strictly on artistic merit, (sometimes called...hey, I like that there picture).

Kept coming back to one picture.
        The subject is clear and framed well. Lots of nice leading lines. Plenty of space in front of the subject so it has room to move. And more...

My vote goes to Burgue73 under the cotton wood trees. Nice photo Roger.
        I thought using the branch to frame the top and hiding what appears to be a boring sky, worked very well.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm a sucker for old bridges, Rich82GS750TZ gets my vote this week.

V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I'm voting for Agemax... I love a good ghost story......
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Many interesting pics. Only a couple did I have to say "Under what?"

Vote for Rich, although for a while I was saying "that is more inside than is under", but the more I observed the fine focus-detail of everything, and how much of the roof-rafters was included, and how well it was all exposed despite the brighter light "at the end of the tunnel", I had to say it was the photo that impressed me the most.

So, Rich, do tell us how you included so much in the frame. Looks to be from perspective of standing in front of the bike (not from low perspective). Wide angle lens?, vertical...? pano....?

>>later note:
              hum...looking some more..... bike near one end (compare structure of far end to this end), the end of bridge that is in the light (see part shadow of opening), cloudy day (see clouds out other end), diffused light (see bike shadow). Great day and time of day to be there for a photo.
              Tell us more.
              Last edited by Redman; 04-12-2019, 01:32 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Burque gets my vote
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  So, Rich, do tell us how you included so much in the frame. Looks to be from perspective of standing in front of the bike (not from low perspective). Wide angle lens?, vertical...? pano....?
                  >>later note:
                  hum...looking some more..... bike near one end (compare structure of far end to this end), the end of bridge that is in the light (see part shadow of opening), cloudy day (see clouds out other end), diffused light (see bike shadow). Great day and time of day to be there for a photo.
                  Tell us more.
                  Thanks Dave. Since you asked, i actually had to go back and look because sometimes I carry the Nikon in my bag, sometimes I just use the iphone. I had visited that bridge previously and decide to come back under a better sky at a better time of day last fall. I stuggled with whether to post the covered bridge pic because it was very frustrating to photograph. The shot demanded absolute symmetry in my head, and I was frustrated that I could not achieve it. As much as I love Glen's photo under the brige, I didn't vote for it for the same reason. In my head, that pic wants to be perfectly symmetrical and its just a bit off. After studying a few test shots, I realized that the back side of the bridge, or probably more correctly, the whole structure was racked out of square. So I did the best i could. iPhone 8, nothing special. All I did was bracket a few exposures to try to get the sky in the backgroung to come in.
                  Here's the exposure sequence from my phone and a pic of the outside of the bridge I grabbed this afternoon. It's very close to where I live and work.
                  Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-12-2019, 04:57 PM.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    Thanks Dave. Since you asked, i actually had to go back and look because sometimes I carry the Nikon in my bag, sometimes I just use the iphone. I had visited that bridge previously and decide to come back under a better sky at a better time of day last fall. I stuggled with whether to post the covered bridge pic because it was very frustrating to photograph. The shot demanded absolute symmetry in my head, and I was frustrated that I could not achieve it. As much as I love Glen's photo under the brige, I didn't vote for it for the same reason. In my head, that pic wants to be perfectly symmetrical and its just a bit off. After studying a few test shots, I realizes that the back side of the bridge, or probably more correctly, the whole structure was racked out of square. So I did the best i could. iPhone 8, nothing special. All I did was bracket a few exposures to try to get the sky in the backgroung to come in.
                    here's the exposure sequence from my phone and a pic of the outside of the bridge I grabbed this afternoon. It's very close to where I live and work.
                    I am sure you know, but you can fix that symmetry issue in post. As can Glen.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      I am sure you know, but you can fix that symmetry issue in post. As can Glen.
                      Yeah, and sometimes I do. But like in mine, the front wheel is turned every so slightly, the center of the dash isn't in line with the center of the seat back, and althought the seat back is centered under the peace sigh, i couldn't get all of the rest of the frame that the peace sign sits on to be in the far opening because the structure wasn't true. Dang it Baatfam, now you got me critiqueing my own shot when I'm trying to get folks to vote for it.

I hope Glen doesn't mind but here's his shot straightened up about 2 deg.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        Yeah, and sometimes I do. But like in mine, the front wheel is turned every so slightly, the center of the dash isn't in line with the center of the seat back, and althought the seat back is centered under the peace sigh, i couldn't get all of the rest of the frame that the peace sign sits on to be in the far opening because the structure wasn't true. Dang it Baatfam, now you got me critiqueing my own shot when I'm trying to get folks to vote for it.
                        LOL....Sorry, Rich. I hear ya.....

Comment

Voting for Rich as well.
                          That bridge looked familiar and had me looking thru old pics from a Pa trip... different bridge.

No worries on rotating my pic... That is actually a canopy for carhop service at an old drive in restaurant since torn down.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Rich's Covered bridge shot for the win.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              Rich's Covered bridge shot for the win.
                              You got a point there, judge!

My tally says 1 vote each for Storm, Agemax, and Cowboy
                              3 votes for burque
                              and 5 for Rich! for Rich's first 2019 win!

Congrats on a lovely pic, even if the back end of the bridge isn't square.
                              Whatcha got for us for the coming week?
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Thanks gents. I’m honored. I can’t post a picture right now. I’m at Kutztown University with my older son for accepted students reception. He will attending starting in the fall for a BA in Music performance. If you like Jazz here’s a link to a video from a few weeks ago district HS Jazz fest. His audition earned him first chair and the opportunity to do some cool improv. Solo at 1:20 in video below.

Anyhow. I can’t post a pic right now nor DETAILS for the new theme till I get home later this afternoon. I’ll post a pic and DETAILED DETAILS of the theme at that time. Stay tuned for DETAILS. (And I don’t mean pics of you washing your bike, unless it’s a close up.
                                Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-13-2019, 11:50 PM.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                                X