No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'm home. The theme for this week is "Detail". I'll leave it open to interpretation, so if one wishes to post a pic of one detailing one's bike, or any other interpretation, that's fine. What I had in mind was a small detail of something that you, a PO or some motorcycle engineer at some point decided belongs on your motorcycle. It can be pretty, ugly, functional, decorative, dirty, shiny, burnt, corroded. I don't care, just get close and get creative. Mine is only sorta close, it might be fun to see some true macro photography.

I won't pretend this composition just happened. I did see a glimpse of something like it the other day when i parked the bike and laid my jacket with new GS Patch on my workbench. I rolled it around in my head all day while driving, came home, set it up and shot the image that had been in my head. If you're into photography even a little bit, you know what fun it can be playing with f stops and depth of field. I hope you all enjoy the theme "Detail".
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Cool subject. I like it.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Cool subject. I like it.
        As do I. Thanks, Rich!
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

There are good details and bad details. This was bad.......
          IMG_3990 (1) by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            ................. The theme for this week is "Detail". ...........
            .......................What I had in mind was a small detail of something ................
            Hum.... interesting........ dont think I have anything like that.
            Dont have any macro-close-focus lenses.

So this becomes like an assignment in a class.
            Good.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have an idea what I'll do for detail, and I have a plan B or two if plan A doesn't happen. Cool.

Oh, here's where we are for 2019:

# theme winner # of wins pics votes
              1 What is the sun shining on redman 1 10 14
              2 profile Dave R 1 17 18
              3 my favorite picture burque 1 17 16
              4 peak / peek / pique kerrfunk 1 11 15
              5 silhouette sandy 1 12 13
              6 vineyard trevor 1 8 10
              7 tourist attraction marvinsc 1 12 11
              8 where the hell am i baatfam 1 12 15
              9 three redman 2 15 13
              10 colorful background kerrfunk 2 14 12
              11 Biker's POV bccap 1 13 13
              12 where you live burque 2 9 14
              13 fun perspective kerrfunk 3 8 10
              14 New to You dorkburger 1 15 9
              15 under cover rich 1 13 11
              16 detail
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I thought for sure with last week's "under cover" theme we'd get a GS wearing a KZ emblem or something.

Here's my "detail" pic. I made this tail rack mount but didn't think about blocking the seat lock. I had to cut the edge of the key but it still functions fine.
                (Edit, I remember now that if I moved the rack forward I wouldn't be able to use the passenger backrest, back and it stuck out too far over the tail.)

Last edited by Burque73; 04-18-2019, 03:05 PM.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  I thought for sure with last week's "under cover" theme we'd get a GS wearing a KZ emblem or something.
                  I thought about taping a piece of paper that said "Harley Davidson" on it over my Suzuki emblem. I would've wanted Groucho Marx glasses too.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Ok so details eh? Well this is a shout out to the previous owner of my Cooley

My Cooley is a US bike..1980...and it came with a speedo that went to 140mph...we all know that an 80 speedo in the US only went to 85mph....so not a big deal that it was obviously switched out as lots of people did it back in the day....but what I was kinda bummed about was that I had know way of knowing the true miles were...then one day while cleaning under the seat, I noticed a piece of masking tape with some faded writing on it....on closer inspection I realized it had this on it..."3/25/81 speedometer current mileage 2305"....this gave me great satisfaction as it told me a lot about the original owner by the fact he would take the time to do this...he must have really cared about this bike imo....in other words, he cared about "the details"....

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Hum.... interesting........ dont think I have anything like that.
                      Dont have any macro-close-focus lenses.
                      Use your old manual lens with some cheap extension tubes.
                      I did that for years with my old 50mm canon lens.
                      You need a manual lens with the cheap tubes because they don't have electrical pass through.
                      They also make more costly ones that have circuit connections for your native m43 lenses.
                      Last edited by Baatfam; 04-14-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

How about this? Yes, it is installed correctly

Chain installed with master link by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

"Detail".

Which one to pick? My GS is just FULL of 'details' that might confuse a GS purist, but make it right for me, and still look (mostly) right.

- Engine is painted black. My bike is an '80, black engines did not appear until '83.
                          - Fork legs are painted black. The only GSes with black forks (that I know of) were the '82/'83 750E and 1100E.
                          - "Choke" activator converted to '82 style on left handgrip.
                          - Previous location for "choke" knob is filled with GPS mount.
                          - Front turn signals have switchback LED lights. Shine white as running lights, turn to yellow for turn signals. (Required finding clear lens covers.)
                          - In fact, ALL turn signals are LEDs. Required electronic flasher and an adapter from another forum member to retain the auto-cancel function.
                          - Touring luggage from '82 1100GK. Never offered on any other bike, only required two small adapters to mount.
                          - Extra LEDs as tail lights, mounted in reflector housings on saddlebags.

There's more, but none of them is really picture-worthy, so I'll have to go searching.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Details, details, details....
                            Triumph Gas Cap Detail by Bob Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Details, details, details....
                              Triumph Gas Cap Detail by Bob Thieda, on Flickr
                              Man Bob, Triumph does a great job with the details!

Sure I'll play with you guys this week
                              Hope ya'll are doing wonderful!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Love it. Keep ‘em comin’ fellas. Thanks for stopping by Jedz. Always a pleasure.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X