Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Use your old manual lens with some cheap extension tubes.
    Got my attention....... (since did say "cheap")

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      ......Triumph does a great job with the details!
      Like with the cover over the thing that looks like a carburetor, but isnt a carburetor.... details like that.....

Good to hear from you Jedz.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I cant compete with the fine detail close up shots .... so....

Here are a couple details I noticed on my bench, after reassembling the forks tubes and mounting them back on the bike.

<<NOT an entry. Not that my other posting is better. Just that I dont want this silly picture attracting any attention away from all the artful shots.>>

May 2017 (not my current project)
        Last edited by Redman; 04-19-2019, 08:44 AM. Reason: delete pic

Comment

Looks good. Closed end always faces direction of chain moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            Man Bob, Triumph does a great job with the details!
            Yes they do. Wonderful build quality. I had plenty of things to choose from.

<<<NOT AN ENTRY!>>>

<<<NOT AN ENTRY!>>>
            Sure I'll play with you guys this week
            Hope ya'll are doing wonderful!
            Glad to see you playing. And hope all is well with you and yours.
            Last edited by Baatfam; 04-14-2019, 04:42 PM.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

My entry are these nice brass fuel tee's i made. A nice touch having the V and M in the shot as well.

brass t's.jpg
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Nice job on the T's.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  I cant compete with the fine detail close up shots .... so....

Here are a couple details I noticed on my bench, after reassembling the forks tubes and mounting them back on the bike.
                  May 2017 (not my current project)
                  Yeah that tends to be a heart breaker right there....
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                  1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                  LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Like with the cover over the thing that looks like a carburetor, but isnt a carburetor.... details like that.....

Good to hear from you Jedz.
                    HAHA precisely...
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I have gone back and forth over this for a while. I was about to post THIS PICTURE because of the photographic story it tells -- I love the detail and the depth of field and that you can see my reflection as well as the SU emblem on the tank. A biker knows what story this picture tells. But I come back to Rich's theme description, and I just have to go with the submission below.
                      Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                      The theme for this week is "Detail"... What I had in mind was a small detail of something that you, a PO or some motorcycle engineer at some point decided belongs on your motorcycle.
                      So, my submission. A small detail of something I decided belongs on my motorcycle.

I'm a United Methodist preacher. Two hundred years ago, Methodist preachers traveled on horseback to three, four, six, a dozen different churches that they had pastoral responsibility for. They were called "Circuit Riders" and at some point, the circuit rider silhouette of a preacher on horseback with a book (studying) became our symbol. The United Methodist publishing house, Cokesbury, uses the circuit rider emblem, and United Methodist pastors are given THIS BRASS MARKER for their headstone when they die. I have this circuit rider on my 650, I had it on my 700E before that and probably on my 1100 before that. I have one on my laptop and one on my cellphone. A bit surprised I don't have one as a tattoo... Hm.

When I bought this 700 it was just gold and blue. No decals or emblems, not even a fairing. I added the SUZUKI letters to the side, I bought a fairing from somebody here at GSR and painted it gold and blue as best as I could, and I had decals made for the fairing and the windshield. The person who made the vinyl decals also made me a bunch of circuit rider decals which I still use today. It's a detail I like to include in my life. Behold my steel horse.

Also HERE is a fun detail pic that I decided not to submit. I planned this picture for about 500 miles.
                      Last edited by kerrfunk; 04-15-2019, 01:09 PM.
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Where is the "heart" button for posts? Kerry, I couldn't love your post more if I tried. The detail of the unwound clutch cable or the clocks would have worked. But the Circuit Rider is perfect. I had not heard of that before.

You might be interested in this: Yesterday as I was sitting in the church lobby reviewing my choir music and loosely supervising my YF kids who were selling breakfast sandwiches to the congregation as they come in, this stranger with a very heavy backpack walks in and says Hi, can I go to church here? He introduced himself as 89 year old from Denmark named Bracklen. Turns out it's this guy who's apparently been all over the news. Here's his story:

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-15-2019, 02:19 PM.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Rich, I don't know about Bracklen, but that's a great story about him!
                          Did you know I used to live in Reading PA?
                          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                            Did you know I used to live in Reading PA?
                            I did not know that. Methodist pastors may not ride the circuit any more but they certainly do get around.
                            Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 04-15-2019, 02:54 PM.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Details, eh? How about the REAL reason I swapped an 1100 into my T ?

Yep... That is the stem of one of the #4 intake valves. Still ran good, and strong too... One of these days, I will get a valve, and a seal set, and put it back where it belongs...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Ok guys. Been away for awhile but here a photo of an all too common repair.

GS1000CarbInstall4 by soates50, on Flickr
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X