No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, should've waited till the coffee hit my bloodstream before counting, LOL. Sorry about that.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
      Is the theme deterioration or something equally as ugly (which I could see as 'something bad or ugly about your bike)

or

deterioration of something equally as ugly (which I don't quite understand... something bad gone worse?)
      Yeah, I missed the typo and yes, it should have say or. So the theme is basically deterioration or how time and wear and tear has not been a friend to your motorcycle. Garth, I know time has not been a friend to many of us but as long as there's a part of one of your motorcycles and the picture it's really very open to interpretation. LOL.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

So when I bought my GS in 2010, this is one area the PO did not bother to prevent from happening

left footpegs mount by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Side cover has since been replaced and mount bracket cleaned up/painted over though I'll have to find a better way. Pipes were also cleaned up and ultimately ceramic coated
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Sorry, Dave. Click --> HERE <-- for a manly apology bouquet.

THIS IS NOT A SUBMISSION
          But this happened in 2009... I was about to go for a ride, so I took my glasses off so I could put my helmet on. I set the glasses on the stepped passenger seat. And forgot to put them back on. I rode ten miles to my destination, flipped my visor up so I could remove my glasses and take my helmet off. No glasses. Didn't take me too long to figure out where they were. By the time I got back close to home, I was able to find these few pieces.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

This may be tough as all my bikes are better than the day I bought them. Lol
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              This may be tough as all my bikes are better than the day I bought them. Lol
              Mine to, but they weren't that way when we got them.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I really don’t have anything for this one. Guess I’ll go ride anyway...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

IMG_3415 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

What can I say, it's a Dual Sport.......
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Worn tires, broken drag bike parts, crashed bikes.....I have so many files to look through...

(Of course new photos are out of the question, as all my stuff is perfect now )
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I think this is about as ugly as it can get. Especially when you get to watch it happen in front of you.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        I think this is about as ugly as it can get. Especially when you get to watch it happen in front of you.
                        Or you're on it...
                        But I've used my crash pictures twice at least, so not this time. Who's bike was that Steve?

Comment

Ok...my crashed 83 1100e

No signature

Comment

Use your imagination Baatfam. Deterioration need not be limited to that found on a bike.
                            Dilapidated buildings, rundown businesses, crumbling roads, old vehicles, boats, junkyards, etc. in the fore or background?
                            No doubt neglected, abandoned and discarded elements are in everyones area.
                            1979 GS1000
                            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                              Use your imagination Baatfam.
                              Of course....always try to....

It just looks like I am going to be stuck with using file photos this week...
                              So far I've not come up with much except crash pictures and broken drag bike parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                Who's bike was that Steve?
                                That is my 850. It was mine at the time, too.

That was back in 2011, when we had about 15-20 bikes on a "Triple Nickel" ride on oHIo's Route 555.

Cowboyup (Scott) was on my 850, I was following on my Wing. He made it mostly around the turn (which was at the top of a hill).

If the shoulder had been a little wider, or at least not so dramatic, it might have been different. Where the gravel turns to grass, there was a steep drop-off into a ditch that was about a foot deep. The left footpeg got caught on the edge of the drop-off and it was all over (literally).

sigpic
                                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride
                                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                                X