X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great batch of pics.

So much to comment on.

But will just say: voting for Sandy.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

There's like six I want to vote for, is that okay?
      Also, my records show that there are 17 entries. We've had 17 twice before in 2019, and not more than that.

So. Love the variety. From the bike guts, good and bad, to simple exterior details, to the goofy. Props to gustovh for such a unique take.
      Great theme, Rich. Well done.

Great theme-introducing picture, too, Rich. The backfield patch and the front emblem. I like.
      I love the story behind trevor's pic (the tape) and the photo as well.
      I like Sandy's carbs and I think I know what that picture is about.
      Justin, that Triumph pic could be in a magazine, and ultimately that's the one I'm voting for.
      My vote is for jedz.

Good luck, everybody. Good luck picking just one!
      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Yes, a high standard of images this week. After a couple of passes one stands out slightly for its clean design, simple shapes, contrasting lines, and carefully balanced colour and texture areas. Another pleasing artsy pic from Baatfam. Nice work everyone.
        1979 GS1000
        1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Sandy for me...
          No signature

Comment

I'm going with Dorkburger's this week. The composite and lighting was very well thought out and the end results worked out great. Was that done with your fancy new camera?
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

jabcb gets my vote, I can relate to that one.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I'm voting for Dorkburger... I liked the lighting, the angle, and the subject.......
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Voting for Sandy as well. I like how the focus becomes soft towards the end of the carb rack.

Sandy, yes that is with the new camera and the picture is not remotely close to what I had in mind when I started... that happens often with me.

I also love Gustovh's old license plate and frame.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Going with Steve, took me a second to realize I was seeing a reflection in NOT chrome.........
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

We got a hard one this week... Boy!

My take away of my favorites this week...

Steve, Phenomenal shot on the polished carb bowl... Just stunning work sir!.. The only thing I didn't like was lime green sticker...

Bob, I love detail you captured of the Krinkle of the tanks cap... The quality of the picture truly is top notch!

Dave (Redman) You picture just called to me, how you captured the rawness and grime was really awesome, my finger nails got dirt underneath them from just looking at the picture!

All in All I have to say Glen's (Dorkburger's) takes the cake for me this week! I am put into a complete mindset from the shot and visualize actually being in the barn looking at this relic... Detail of the fender and the seat is just awesome... Well done sir!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Ugh. This is really tough. I seriously want to thank everyone who played along with my theme this week. I did not expect such a great response. Everyone dug deep and got creative.

I love the stories told by Trevor’s and Kerry’s pics. Steve, Jedz, Baatfam, and Sandy for the beauty of their compositions. And Redman for getting down and dirty and showing us the grunge. But my eye keeps going back to one. I’m still not really sure what part of what motorcycle it is (he did say but I didn’t look it up). I just know this is a beautiful photo of a very old detail of Something on a bike. Well done Glen. I vote for Dorkburger.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I have a 4-way tie in my head. But, just because I love the end results of polishing aluminum, I'm gonna throw my vote to Steve.

Now, that said, I want to go on record that I absolutely HATE POLISHING aluminum. One case cover, and you are BLACK... I ONLY love the results, lol...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

So, so many photos I loved.

dorkburger's, Sandy's, and Redman's really stood out as compelling photos.

But from a strictly photographic/artistic standpoint, Jedz123 gets my vote.

Nicely done, Justin!
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, how you captured the rawness and grime was really awesome,.............
                              Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              .................. Redman for getting down and dirty and showing us the grunge. .............
                              Progress report:
                              P1020874c by Dave Vrnr, on Flickr

Cleaned up some, but in good light and close up, you still see the discoloration and burnt-on oil more than see the shapes and details.

This "detail" assignment has been a good exercise for me. Thanks Rich.

Last edited by Redman; 04-19-2019, 09:38 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I vote for the Dorkbuger...
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X