83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I think I recognize that curve.

Is that between Sandia Park and Sandia Peak?

Indeed it is.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Nice enough picture, but where's the bike?

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
        Rules: (from post #1)

1. Today is Saturday, I'll start with a theme.
        2. Saturday to Thursday is submissions time. Everyone else can post one (and only one) picture that meets the theme.
        3. Friday is voting day. Vote for the picture you like the most. You can vote even if you didn't participate with a pic during the week. (voting closes at midnight, Pacific time zone).
        4. In case of a tie during the voting day, the first vote that breaks the tie the day after will decide the winner, unless of course one party wishes to concede to the other.
        5. Saturday, the winner of the week posts a new theme using an example picture.
        6. The example picture ALSO participates.
        7. Any bike can participate... not only GS's (as long as it was yours when the pic was taken)
        8. The date of the picture does not matter, or who took the pic. You can use new or old pics as long as you've got the bike in the pic (or as much of the bike as necessary for the theme) and they meet the week's theme.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Nice enough picture, but where's the bike?

......as long as you've got the bike in the pic (or as much of the bike as necessary for the theme) and they meet the week's theme.
          I wondered the same, but gave Eli the benefit of the doubt that the curvy blurry line at the bottom is the windscreen of the bike. Personally, I'd have gotten off the bike and backed up a bit. I'm ok with it. He got part of the bike, and the fauna. Anyone else wanna weigh in? I'll agree that it is borderline.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            I wondered the same, but gave Eli the benefit of the doubt that the curvy blurry line at the bottom is the windscreen of the bike. Personally, I'd have gotten off the bike and backed up a bit. I'm ok with it. He got part of the bike, and the fauna. Anyone else wanna weigh in? I'll agree that it is borderline.
            Yep, I recognize the cut windshield of Eli69's.

No worries. Maybe a tight spot and stepping back from the bike wasn't happening. Lots of pics have had just a part of the bike in them. More would be better for sure, but flora, check, fauna, check, bike (or part of it) check.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Looks like part of his motorcycle to me......
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I've gone through all my photos and only a couple of ones with wildflowers come to mind that aren't very good so it's Road Trip Time!!! Going to do my annual three national park loop tomorrow (400 miles) and hopefully come back with some ammunition. Hopefully the flowers cooperate. If not it'll be a great day anyway.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  Looks like part of his motorcycle to me......
                  Definitely the windshield of The Ugly.

Sandy, enjoy the ride tomorrow.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Wow Dave! Nice photo...

(As I step back and re-evaluate my potential entries)...
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Dude just don't vote for it.....can I say "cripes" in the campfire?
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

You can say "cripes" all you want.

Those that know you and have seen your bike might recognize that blur at the bottom of the picture, I just don't see anything that is obvious a part of a motorcycle.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well I went and looked for some flowers but as I thought I was about a month too early. Got some greats shot though. Here's one from the archives.

IMGP3020 by soates50, on Flickr
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                              Well I went and looked for some flowers but as I thought I was about a month too early.
                              And for us, it is about a month too late. April is Dogwood and Redbud trees, and May is Tulip trees and wild flowers.
                              But went out Tuesday, and all I found was green. Good weather today, will try again.

Very nice photo, Sandy...
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                And for us, it is about a month too late. April is Dogwood and Redbud trees, and May is Tulip trees and wild flowers.
                                But went out Tuesday, and all I found was green. Good weather today, will try again.

Very nice photo, Sandy...
                                We have had little rain here...it's getting so dry already...grass has turned brown already. Does not look good for wild fire season here in BC....high alert already.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X