Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, everyone.
    For the next theme - "atmospheric phenomena". I want to see pics of rainbows, lightning, aurora borealis, tornados, hurricanes, water spouts, weird cloud formations, ufo's. That sort of thing. With at least part of your bike in the picture, of course.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

What a fantastic shot, Rich! It'll be hard to compete with that one this week.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Looking at the pic I initially chose for this week, I realized it didn't even fit the theme.

I've used this one before, but it really fits in well here.

Last edited by Burque73; 07-08-2019, 01:29 PM.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

apropos for "wildlife", although it doesn't include a good shot of the bike...
          Two people on a motorcycle in India had a frightening encounter with a tiger that sprang from a forest and chased them down a road.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

My last ride before breaking my leg

South look of storm by Scott Baker, on Flickr
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Jan. 2015 Sunset by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

The view coming off the ferry across Kentucky Lake on a rare Beautiful January ride in 2015. Yes that is the Left upper corner of a wind shield in the pic.
              Last edited by marvinsc; 07-06-2019, 06:04 PM.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Saw a fat rainbow this evening, or about twenty degrees of a fat rainbow.
                Neglected to take a picture.

Comment

Bonneville Salt Flats

No signature

Comment

Best i can offer on this topic, mid afternoon sun shining off the sea.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                      Best i can offer on this topic, mid afternoon sun shining off the sea.
                      As I recall, the theme for the week is "atmospheric phenomena", and in your little corner of this big, blue marble, a clear sky is rather phenomenal.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Sunday night, about ten minutes to 9pm, I look out the window and notice some blue sky over there and some green clouds over there and some orange in another direction. I tell my wife (who knows about the photo contest) "I think I'm going to hop on the bike. Sky is looking interesting."
                        So I ride to the park two miles from my house, the highest most open place I can think of at the moment. It's starting to rain, and the color is fading fast, but the rain is not a soaker. Yet. I park the bike and take a few steps away from it, hold my camera in portrait orientation, and take a panoramic while slowly turning myself around 360degrees. I'm able to get three full panoramas before it starts raining pretty hard, but before I exited this parking lot I was soaked to the skin.
                        I'm pretty pleased with the three pictures. The third one features the bike a little better, but this first one shows the skies the best.

The shaft of light at the far right? While I was turning the camera, there was a flash (not a bolt) of lightning, and I guess that's how it stitched the panorama together at that part.

I rode home in a downpour, laughing because of the hard rain that I could scarcely see in. I confess, I was not ATGATT -- the only gear I was wearing was a half helmet. Nothing covering eyes or face, and riding naked-faced in the rain was painful and blinding and stupid, I know.
                        Oh -- when I got home, I emptied my rain gauge. It had collected two inches of rain. Sunday evening. I know because I emptied it before supper.
                        Last edited by kerrfunk; 07-07-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Nice shot Rev! But don’t get yourself hurt chasing funky skies for my theme.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Ha!
                            Kerry, would you have done that, say, two years ago??

when you first mentioned "rain gauge", i thought you were going to tell us how much you poured out of your boots.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I know that I have literally ridden hundreds of miles in the rain, but yeah, I should have pulled over somewhere. But there was no shelter and yada yada yada.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                Looking at the pic I initially chose for this week, I realized it didn't even fit the theme.

I've used this one before, but it really fits in well here.
                                YES! That’s what I was hoping for. Thought I’d seen it before. Awesome!
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                                X