No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still can’t figure out how someone doing a burnout on an old school Suzuki doesn’t bring a smile to your face. Lol
    No signature

Comment

Trevor. I absolutely got a chuckle from your burn out pic. I can only image what my wife would say if I left a mark like that in front of our garage though.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
        Trevor. I absolutely got a chuckle from your burn out pic. I can only image what my wife would say if I left a mark like that in front of our garage though.
        She just shakes her head and tells me I’m “Hideous” ...she said that when I bought the 750 the other day too. Lol...
        No signature

Comment

Got home just over an hour ago, after a full 11-12 hours of physical fun working a state pistol match.
          We, (staff), shot the match yesterday, so only 10-11 hours of physical fun that day.

Walking almost 10,000 steps yesterday, and over 12,000 today, is pretty hard on this old man.

Stay tuned.
          I do have an idea I like, just need to post it up in an intelligent manner.

And that ain't a happenin' tonight....I'm a headin' to bed.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            I do have an idea I like, just need to post it up in an intelligent manner.

And that ain't a happenin' tonight....I'm a headin' to bed.
            Maaaan, it's 9pm, it's dark, and I was gonna ride tonight so I could get a picture in that matched your theme!

I'm sure it'll be a good one. You brought us "three" and "new and old" before.
            And when you tell us what the goal is, we'll race towards it, I'm sure.
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

OK...feeling better. A good night's sleep and all that...
              Thank you all for the votes. One from the file I didn't think had a chance. LOL.

And thank several of you for giving me the theme idea....
              This explains the theme, which is spelled out below...
              Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
              Wait, who'd be in your way to use that thing. Ring ring, lookout here I come. Or, ring ring, you just got smoked! Either way, it's a fun thing.
              Originally posted by Agemax View Post
              ...that bell would be funny on a normal road going bike, but its even funnier on a 9 second drag bike!.
              Originally posted by Redman View Post
              I wondered if he though that would then make the bike street legal...
              Thing is, the bell had purpose, and was very useful.
              At most of the drag strips I've raced, pedestrians wonder everywhere in the pits, constantly stepping out in front of you.
              Since the dragbike needed to be towed around with a scooter, and the scooter had a horn, meep, meep, no problem.

But at Byron Dragway, I could coast from our pit, downhill to the staging lanes, and it didn't have a horn. So.....
              Ching, ching......ching, ching....as I rolled down the hill....worked great. (Did have one on the street bike too, but that is a different story)

The theme: Something that appears useless, silly, or fake, but actually has a serious purpose. Or the opposite, something that appears useful, and is totally not.
              Special no copy rule: It cannot be a part from, or on, a motorbike.

Any questions?

Again sorry for the delay...have fun, be safe.
              Last edited by Baatfam; 09-15-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                The theme: Something that appears useless, silly, or fake, but actually has a serious purpose.
                Special no copy rule: It cannot be a part from, or on, a motorbike.
                Thanks Bob.
                Will have to ponder that.
                So: bike and something that is useless, silly, or fake but has serious purpose.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

To be clear... bike with something that appears (but isn't) useless.
                  Intriguing.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Thanks Bob.
                    Will have to ponder that.
                    So: bike and something that is useless, silly, or fake but has serious purpose.
                    Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    To be clear... bike with something that appears (but isn't) useless.
                    Intriguing.
                    Dave, Kerry, I amended the theme to include the opposite also...

Something that appears useful, but is not at all...

Comment

This will be interesting.

Albuquerque spent millions of taxpayers' dollars on a flyover ramp to alleviate rush hour traffic. It didnt work, making it useless. A pic of a flyover or bridge dosen't necessarily convey that though.

I'll have to find something and let the pic speak for itself, without an explanation.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

How about a useless fireplace.
                        Strictly cosmetic, not even plumbed-in for a natural gas insert.
                        80 years ago when the house was built i guess it was fashionable.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

My house had one of those when we moved in. Had a crappy electric heater in it, that "looked" like a fire, lol... It had to go. Wish I still had the picture of the CRAZY bright red DEEP shag carpet from the 70's that was under it, lol...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Even better, there is a set of heavyweight fireplace tools to deal with the non-existent fire. lol.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Last edited by Burque73; 09-16-2019, 09:52 PM.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                I saw those in a park in San Diego.
                                I should say I didnt see them the first three times was there, then the 4th time I was there... Oh, Hey ! !
                                Last edited by Redman; 09-16-2019, 10:59 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X