Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay.
    I can quit looking through pictures I have.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      I saw those in a park in San Diego.
      I should say I didnt see them the first three times was there, then the 4th time I was there... Oh, Hey ! !
      If you look closely you can see the fake bird poop too.

They spared no expense.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Okay.
        I can quit looking through pictures I have.
        LOL.............

Nice one, Roger...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I will let you see if you can spot the "fake" in this photo. If it were real it would be really usefull (to some people anyway!)

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            I will let you see if you can spot the "fake" in this photo. If it were real it would be really usefull (to some people anyway!)

Looks like you parked in front of the entrance to the bat cave.

That section of wall just doesn't fit.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I was thinking what the heck is that cow doing on the front lawn of that house. haha.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                I was thinking what the heck is that cow doing on the front lawn of that house. haha.
                Well spotted Steve, it is actually a full size Plastic cow! Why, you ask? I have absolutely no idea, the neighbour opposite is a bit eccentric!
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  He's guarding the entrance to the bat cave...
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    The theme: Something that appears useless, silly, or fake, but actually has a serious purpose. Or the opposite, something that appears useful, and is totally not......
                    Gave up on finding any pic in my archive that might be suitable.

Then Am riding around, looking around, thinking "appears useless, but has purpose. Appears usefull but is not...... useless...... hum,... useless....."

Saw the old coal tipple, hey, that use to have a purpose but is not apparent what it is useful for anymore. Is an odd looking 5 story concrete structure. But Could not find any place to pose an interesting picture.

So am riding around town some more, thinking "useless...... hum, useless ..... "

Then going thru a big open public area,

"Hey! Useless!, Serves any real purpose? Naw! Useless!"

Well, Okay, I understand is considered to be art.

In back corner of a park near the river, actaully an island in the river.
                    Took quick picture. Thought of trying to find more interesting place to pose bike, but ground was real soft from river being so high, and I though I should get out of there.
                    Last edited by Redman; 09-17-2019, 03:30 PM. Reason: yammer more of a story

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The seemingly useless item is the formerly empty diaper box I've been throwing used, removed, broken, or otherwise defunct GS parts in for 15 years (my boys are now 18 and 14). You never know what you're gonna need to re-purpose, someday. Yesterday, driving down the road, my right mirror glass goes flying. I watched it tumble to the road in my left mirror. I did a quick u-turn and stopped to pick it up, the rubber ring and glass seemed to be intact, amazingly. That is, until I watched a pick-up run over and shattered the glass.. I was happy to find one right mirror, unbroken, from a previously mounted pair, in the diaper box. Now I'm sporting one round chrome left, and one square black right mirror until my replacement pair come from ebay. Whatever.

Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I give you the winning photo, taken today, entitled "The Sticker Stump":

Behold the broader view from when we moved in in 2013:

So when we moved in we wondered about this 4-ft tall 1-ft diameter PVC-enclosed cement post on our little grass spot.
                        First Christmas, though, I put a red ribbon and a bow on it, and then eventually we started to cover it with stickers because well, why not.

GSR, why is it there, and is it useless?
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                          "The Sticker Stump":
                          GSR, why is it there, and is it useless?
                          I can only imagine that at some point, before you moved in, some drunk, or otherwise impaired driver cut that corner and either hit or nearly hit the porch. It's a concrete bollard to protect the parsonage, the pastor, and his family.
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                            I can only imagine that at some point, before you moved in, some drunk, or otherwise impaired driver cut that corner and either hit or nearly hit the porch. It's a concrete bollard to protect the parsonage, the pastor, and his family.
                            Ding ding ding! what sort of looks like a driveway is actually a street but is treated as an alley, and it gives access to the back doors of several businesses, including a restaurant and a hardware store. Businesses that get regular deliveries from large trucks.

Even with the sticker stump there, my wife's rocks get crushed by vehicles. That's one of the reasons she doesn't plant right there. People drive over stuff.

So something that looks silly or useless but has a real function!

Also: note the helmet atop the stickerstump. Something else that protects
                            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Looks like a giant sculpture.. its actually a water tower built in the shape of a transistor back when trasnsitors were the new technological marvel. At the former Bell Labs building property in Holmdel NJ. The building is quite the marvel itself. The property sat vacant for years, but thankfully was bought and repurposed as a multi office space with shopping, etc on the HUGE main floor.

http://Suzuki GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My theme, but I had to go find something....

When you only have half a motorbike...You still have a mailbox stand...

Motomail Box by Bob Thieda, on Flickr
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X