Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Ok..here is mine....spring of 2016 a friend crashed and totaled my 83 gs1100e (some here I'm sure remember the story)...my wife, son and I were to fly to Vegas for her brother's wedding in early May...I said "I'm riding there, I need to clear my head from the loss of my bike..."
    My first night on the road I pulled into Newport OR for the night..went to check in at the lobby of this hotel and when I come out this gentleman in a wheelchair is admiring my K1300R (Not sold in the US) and he asked me some questions.
    His wife says to me "this is Paul Ritter" and hands me his business card and on it is a picture of the book "Racing the Gods"....I said "hey, I know that book, I've been thinking about ordering it" She tells me "Paul is the author" Wow! She went up to their room and got me a copy of the book and he signed it for me. I told him I had just bought an 80 GS1000S Wes Cooley over the phone earlier that day...he then whips out his phone and he shows me an old pic of him leading Wes at some race back in the day.
    That was a great night!
    So I think this fits the theme rather well..
    I remember that story. I'm to assume that you've since emailed Paul a photo of yourself, your "S" and Wes. Ya, I know, I'm being an old mother hen. I inherited that from my wife. LOL.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      I remember that story. I'm to assume that you've since emailed Paul a photo of yourself, your "S" and Wes. Ya, I know, I'm being an old mother hen. I inherited that from my wife. LOL.
      Lol...as a matter of fact we are friends on crackbook...he has seen all my exploits with Wes...and the bike.
      No signature

Comment

Ok. How about an old gas station, along Rt. 66...

'83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

nos·tal·gia

/näˈstaljə,nəˈstaljə/
          Learn to pronounce

noun
          [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations

nostalgia

[ no-stal-juh, -jee-uh, nuh- ]SHOW IPA

noun
          a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time:

Last edited by Redman; 11-14-2019, 12:52 PM. Reason: underline

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Not good pics, but great Happy personal association of past

2007 Brown County, circle drive in front of hotel near interstate in Columbus Indiana

dpep 850G (previously mine)
            my GK
            Plane Crazy 1100G

Domino (in picture)
            Steve PlaneCrazy
            George KoolaidKid
            Painter Dave
            Al jones
            Adam AOD
            Jim Core
            Brad Maynard
            Greg Nerobro
            Steve Skreemer
            TimPeoples
            Jim RangeZero Brown
            Bill Lloyd
            Denny Kolb
            Jeff 8TrackMind
            JonR
            Rich CopierGuy
            (to name those that havent heard from lately)

2007 was my 2nd year.
            2005 was my 1st and that was great too.
            Last edited by Redman; 11-13-2019, 06:27 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The fountain in Letchworth State Park is fed from a pond up the hill and runs all year. It's been there since at least the 1860's. In the winter it freezes and creates a cone which, depending on the temperature and duration of cold, may grow to 40' or so in height. It's one of my earliest memories of the park.

i'm just sticking this other picture in for fun, please disregard for the game.

I wonder if he'll remember this when he's my age....

Last edited by Eli69; 11-14-2019, 10:03 AM.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

A little bittersweet looking back at this. Much has changed since this mid 1990s image was taken and not all for the better. Such good and simple times.
                  http://GS and Ninja by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

When I looked through my pictures, I always came back to my Barlow collection. When I look at them I miss the last trip that I took with my brother and all the riding lessons that he taught me through the years. 11 years gone now and sorely missed.

V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I'll try and group these together for our viewing/ voting pleasure. I personally think the photo alone should speak to the theme so I left out the text. Please feel free to go back and read through the posts and get the context.
                      Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      ............Thanks for the votes, guys....I doubt I can top that last theme, but here goes..................

Nostalgia.....(or, Nostalgic, if you wish...)
                      Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                      Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                      Originally posted by Sandy View Post

GS750 SS Moyie by soates50, on Flickr
                      Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

Originally posted by Spyder View Post

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

And just a couple more from this week's entries.
                        Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Originally posted by gustovh View Post

V
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Thanks Roger...
                          I am gonna haveta study this one a bit...Nice photos...
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

my vote is for mr. steve murdoch. i think because real, working pickup trucks are a thing of the past.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Sorry, I didn't get anything for the theme this week, enjoyed all the great submissions though. Voting for steve murdoch as well. I've not seen that 6-cylinder beast in this thread before. Love that the road takes your eye past the trucks all the way to the vintage ESSO sign.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks for doing the summary, Roger.
                                (I was out-n-about this morning before I thought about it being Friday.)

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I personally think the photo alone should speak to the theme so I left out the text. Please feel free to go back and read through the posts and get the context.
                                I agree.

Will need to ponder, which is more nostalgic to me (nostalgic: referring to own experience-recollection), which shows/imply something was nostalgic to the submitter, and which is most interesting photo. ..... if any meet all three, then need a tiebreaker.

Har har Some of us have more to be nostalgic about than others. har har har

And what some are nostalgic about, seems to be more recent to me. har har har

Comment

Working...
                                X