Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

41718 ride 004 by gillinghams2007, on Flickr

Yesterday's ride. It was on the cool side of 4000 ft.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
      Taj Mahal....not really, some religious center, also in Ohio

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54617[/ATTACH]
      Originally posted by old_skool View Post
      castle like home in ohio
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]54616[/ATTACH]
      I don't understand these pics....are they part of the game?
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        I have been playing this game on another forum and it's a lot of fun. It gives people the chance to post a pic that fits the current theme thereby opening up more possibilities in many locations.

Rules:
        1. Today is Saturday, I'll start with a theme.
        2. Saturday to Thursday is submissions time. Everyone else can post one (and only one) picture that meets the theme.
        3. Friday is voting day. Vote for the picture you like the most. You can vote even if you didn't participate with a pic during the week. (voting closes at midnight, Pacific time zone).
        4. In case of a tie during the voting day, the first vote that breaks the tie the day after will decide the winner.
        5. Saturday, the winner of the week posts a new theme using an example picture.
        6. The example picture ALSO participates.
        7. Any bike can participate... not only GS's (as long as it was yours when the pic was taken)
        8. The date of the picture does not matter, you can use new or old pics as long as they meet the week's theme.

Summarizing:
        • Saturday to Thursday: Pics that meet the week's theme are submitted.
        • Friday: Vote for your favorite pic of the week.
        • Saturday: The winner posts a new theme using an example photo.

Okay folks. For those just finding this thread here are the rules from the first post ....yeah I know, but we got rules. It's been great thread and please join in with a photo for the theme of the week.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

castle like home in ohio.......
          Originally posted by old_skool
          Taj Mahal....not really, some religious center, also in Ohio.
          Welcome to "Pic of the Week" game/contest.
          Which of the two is intended for this weeks theme-category of "Lonely Road" ?
          Perhaps the first, or maybe neither.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sorry, didn't take the time to read everything, didn't realize it was a game, post are deleted.

Comment

Sorry, didn't take the time to read everything, didn't realize it was a game, post are deleted.
              Welcome to GSR.
              (your user name is similar to a previous-existing long time member, I did not notice you are new. ... or maybe returning....)
              Do introduce yourself in the "Owners" section. Tell about yourself and that 850, especailly its custome paint (or is that European?).

Dave

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I was here a long time ago, just signed up using my old screen name

Comment

old_skool.....
                  You were a regular in the riding game during my first year or so here.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    old_skool.....
                    You were a regular in the riding game during my first year or so here.
                    Yup, one of the threads I most frequented, along with build threads, I remember you and most of the ole regulars

Comment

Yup, one of the threads I most frequented, along with build threads, I remember you and most of the ole regulars
                      Welcome back! You should join this game. It is a good one.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Nice to see you back.
                        I haven't been too active in the riding game the last couple of seasons, but not for lack of desire.

Curious about the Titan, as I'm a 2 stroke fan..... different threathread I suppose.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Nice to see you back.
                          I haven't been too active in the riding game the last couple of seasons, but not for lack of desire.

Curious about the Titan, as I'm a 2 stroke fan..... different threathread I suppose.
                          My dads bike I started a rebuild on, but never finished, hoping to back on it sometime in the near future, sorry, not hijacking
                          motoav.jpg

Comment

barlow 023.jpg My Honda Rebel on the Barlow rd., east side of Mt Hood. The last ride with my brother.

V
                            Last edited by gustovh; 04-19-2018, 02:11 PM.
                            Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Last fall ride through a large pecan orchard.
                              DSCN0711.jpg
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                                ............ ....
                                Welcome.

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                                Welcome.

Good to see the new contributors.
                                And all are welcome to vote. .

We have a record number of entries this week, and a record number of new contributors this week also. (So, let me yack about a few things.)

Vote tomorrow Friday (Pacific time).
                                Need not enter a photo to vote.
                                To vote just make a posting on Friday.
                                Comments and critiques are welcome (all have been polite so far), but if you say "I like this one for blah blah, and I like this-other one for yammer yammer." You will also need to say which one you "vote" or "select".

The submissions for this week start on posting #393

Weither you vote for the picture that shows a road that is more lonely than any other picture,
                                or... you vote for the the picture you like the best (for whatever reason) that does show a road that is at least somewhat lonely,
                                or... you vote the picture that best shows the road to be lonely while also being an interesting picture (for whatever reason)......
                                That is up to you.

Vote for the picture you like the best that meets the critera of showing the bike and the topic-subject-theme this week of
                                QUOTE Lonely Road. Doesn't have to be a dirt road, just some place that looks like not much activity, but yet a road. END QUOTE

Note: The winner of the vote doesnt win anything.
                                Is just a means to select who makes the selection of the next week subject-theme-topic (by naming that and posting an entry photo).
                                Last edited by Redman; 04-19-2018, 06:24 PM. Reason: add note

Comment

Working...
                                X