Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undercover and waiting for spring.

Waiting for Spring by soates50, on Flickr
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

"Under"

I'm grasping at straws here.

Here's my riding buddies from a few years ago. The Goldwing's tire was not holding air well. The guy on the left is actually holding a bicycle pump while the guy under the bike is holding the nozzle in place.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Road trip in Europe

Recent trip to Europe in June, on approach to Bormio and ultimately Stelvio Pass.

Comment

Peter, although we'll vote on pictures that we each think best fits this week's theme, I am curious as to how you feel this meets it? What part of this is the "UNDER" part of the theme?
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Peter. Is your pic an entry in this week’s game? Theme is “under”. I know you're from down “under”. Rules for the game are posted in first post of this thread. You can post a pic directly in the thread by copying the bbcode from Flickr and pasting it right in your post. That way the pic shows up in the thread for all to see, no clicking to view involved.
            Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 12-13-2019, 12:04 AM.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              Peter, ....................................
              Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              Peter. . . . . . . . ........................
              I have PMs to him, mentioned similar, and discussed posting Flickr pics.
              Last edited by Redman; 12-13-2019, 12:19 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Peter. Is your pic an entry in this week’s game? Theme is “under”. I know you're from down “under”. Rules for the game are posted in first post of this thread. You can post a pic directly in the thread by copying the bbcode from Flickr and pasting it right in your post. That way the pic shows up in the thread for all to see, no clicking to view involved.
                LOL, my appologies, I am still working things out as a newbie, I clearly missed the intent, mostly practising how to post images to the site.
                Considering the elevation in that image, we were more over than under!

Comment

Happy Friday....Boy we got a lot of entries this week!

First the theme by Dave, (Redman)
                  Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  "Under"

I am thinking of any pic that if were to show a number of people the picture and ask them to describe it, most of them would use the word "under" fairly early on in their description. Like 'bike under blah blah' or 'yaddi yaddi under bike'.
                  Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                  Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                  Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                  Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Originally posted by dpep View Post
                  More to follow....
                  Last edited by Baatfam; 12-13-2019, 09:50 AM.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

More....

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                    Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                    Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                    Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    Originally posted by jabcb
                    Originally posted by nuggetsdad View Post
                    I think that's it...Peter, you're in with your second photo from Down Under...

If I missed any, please speak up....

Nice work everyone. Excellent turnout despite Dave's concern early on.
                    Last edited by Baatfam; 12-13-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

...we'll vote on pictures that we each think best fits this week's theme...
                      Interesting....I vote for the best photograph, as long as it meets the theme somehow....

And it's going to take me a little time to decide on this one...
                      Last edited by Baatfam; 12-13-2019, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Mr. Kerrfunks picture this week. That's bike life.
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

. . . . .
                          First the theme by Dave, (Redman)
                          Bob, Thanks for doing the summary. (Man, you are up a lot earlier than me, these days.)
                          Having that summary is very helpful to everyone.
                          ANd I know does take some time and effort.

A minor point of clarification: First is the theme and my entry.
                          The theme (theme, category, subject) is defined by what is stated, verbally. The photo is my entry.

Originally posted by . . . . . . . .1 View Post
                          . . . . . . . we'll vote on pictures that we each think best fits this week's theme, . . . . . .
                          My observation is that THe rules-procedure do not specifically define the voting criteria. The rules-procedure just says something like "vote for favorite" or something like that.

Judging by the comments folks make when they make their vote:
                          I think some folks vote for which they think best meet the theme.
                          Some vote if there is something in the picture that they like (such as 'spoked wheels').
                          Some vote because something in the picture reminds them of something in their past.
                          SOme vote because they liked the accompanying story (even if there is no evidence of that in the picture).
                          SOme vote for what they consider to be the best composed-arranged-exposed-focused picture on an artistic basis, as long as it at least marginally meets the theme.
                          Other folks (including me) use a combination of how well it meets the theme and how interesting the photo is and how well composed-arranged-exposed-focused the picture is. In my experience there is usually two or three sometimes four that are great AND really meet the category. What I do, for a tie-breaker, is to think of how I would describe the photo, and how early in that description would I use the words that are the theme.
                          But again, the rules-procedure does not really specify this point.
                          And, Hey, this is a motorcycle forum...................
                          Last edited by Redman; 12-13-2019, 09:42 AM. Reason: spuelling

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A minor point of clarification: First is the theme and my entry.
                            The theme (theme, category, subject) is defined by what is stated, verbally. The photo is my entry.
                            Not sure what you're sayin' here, Dave. Do you want your stated theme separated from your photo?

Comment

Steve Murdoch gets my vote, That exhaust looks awesome
                              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Not sure what you're sayin' here, Dave. Do you want your stated theme separated from your photo?
                                Thanks for asking.
                                First is the stated theme AND entry.
                                THanks for your concern. Naw, do not need to separate the theme statement from my entry.

To be more direct :
                                First is the stated theme and entry, an entry that can be voted for, is an entry. hee hee, that folks can vote for, har har, the picture is an entry that folks can vote on.
                                Last edited by Redman; 12-13-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X