Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    i think we have had something like “what’s up” before.

hum, is looking like not the usual amount of participation. I didn’t think folks would be lacking of pics that would fit , thought would have “under a sign” or “under big tree or something” or “me under bike working on .....” or “blah blah under bike”.
    Hum, looking like I might have been wrong. Haven’t been able to think of a way to open it up, and is kinda late to completely change it to something else.
    okay, my fault.
    Yes Dave, that what’s up was what I was thinking about. Carry on 🙂
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      "Under"
      First thing that came to mind was the 70's cartoon Underdog, and I remembered how he had a big U on his chest.

My wife and I rode to the Spaceport America a while back and saw what looked like a giant U out front. Maybe I missed the idea there, but that's what I'm going with this week.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I call this under tow, dragging a trailer behind my 80 850L. This I believe is in 2015 when I went down south to the Western States rally and picked up this engine from Bill to swap into my 80 1100L. This picture was taken on the way home at Corning Ca. just off I5 I built the trailer and hitch from the remains of a 650L. The triple tree down tubs
        make up the hitch and the tree neck and bearings make up a rotating neck. The shocks were used in a cantilever axle arrangement. This allowed full lean and a very stable trailer at speed.

V
        Last edited by gustovh; 12-09-2019, 02:53 PM.
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I was flip flopping between two pics. Of course I chose the one that more ambiguously fits the subject...

Under the shadow that is under the loading dock canopy.
          http://Loading dock by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            It's early yet. Your theme is excellent.
            Everyone just has so many photos to look through, or they are making plans for a photo ride this week, that they are not ready yet.

It's only Sunday....and Christmas is coming...

Nailed it, Bob.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I may change this one, nevertheless a look from under the old CBX dragbike with the spaghetti Alphabet headers.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

What kind of tire is that on the back, Steve Murdoch?
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

It's an 8" Goodyear Eagle slick on a 6" Performance Machine "Chicane" wheel.
                  Both are probably 20 years old.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

This is a photo from the Katana 35 celebrations in Australia, held at the Albury weir

IMAG0771.jpg
                    on March 2016. We had 54 Katana's present, was a great weekend.

Comment

Weather warmed up today to the 50s so I went out and got some time in but left the good camera at home since I was mostly cutting wood at the garage before I jumped on the bike...UNDER the bridge

Bandit Under Corwin Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That is my (then) 83 1100E under there. Back on my 10,000 mile swing through the Pacific Northwest and the Great Plains back in 2012 I happened to roll into Butte, Montana the weekend of Evil Knievel Days (it's his hometown). Whilst checking out the event I stopped into a pub for a bite. I was watching TV from my bar stool when an emergency weather alert flashed across the screen. A nearby town was being hit with a severe storm with strong winds and golfball and larger size hail. It's path and speed would put it into Butte in approximately 30 minutes. It occurred to me that my Quality Inn motel had no covered parking and the layout wasn't such that I could roll the bike into the room. I could visualize the dents in my tank and fenders.

I double timed out to the bike and made a mad dash to a Target store a couple of blocks from the motel and sort of rudely pushed ahead other customers to buy my tarp and extra bungies. Back at the motel I frantically got the tarp and padding secured in place just as the first sprinkles of rain started hitting me in the face.

The kicker was that sprinkles of rain were all that ever came down. That storm either changed direction or fizzled out. All that panic prep was for naught but I did not care. I was downright happy that my wrapping skills did not get tested.
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Under the Erie Canal.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Under some trees.....

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

UNDERACHIEVER... This motorcycle does nothing good. It's slow, it handles like a brick.... I tried to like it, but it is just not for me. I acquired the 97 Harley Road King a year ago, after my stepfather died. It had been sitting for a few years and needed a little work to get running. No one in the family wanted to deal with it (including me). However, I thought if I can get it running I could make a few dollars on it. I'm going to sell it this Spring.
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Since I was already "under" the bike changing the oil, I started looking for some interesting graphic compositions. This is what I came up with.

Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X