No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this was a big thing in my area....it was at a Chevron station for years until it was moved to a local farm a couple of years ago. I took this about 8 years ago after I had first gotten my 750

No signature

Comment

I realllllllly like this picture.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Toughie...
        I guess we have some Big Snow falls and some big dummies that ride in it

Challenging topic Roger.
        FYI I'll be in your neck of the wood on the 16th of June... Camping Moab then coming into Albuquerque NM for 5 days to visit my best friend that's out there right now.

Cheers!
        Looks like It'll be another difficult vote this week.

Your pic this week accompanied by the mention of Moab and Albuquerque in June just don't go together.
        Remember, if you eat hot chile in the summer time it actually cools you down. Weird huh? You'll see...

If you're baking in the heat, you’d be doing yourself a favor by swapping that frozen yogurt for some Buffalo wings.

Give me a shout when you're here. It would be fun to meet up.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I'll be doing a 25 day, +9K mile trip across the country this June. My first ever time to see the Pacific Ocean... I understand there will be many new challenges while undertake this journey but isn't that the point of life? To encounter new and exciting challenges that make you grow and develop into a better and more dynamic person?

I'm looking forward to trying you pepper technique! I'm more excited to put a face to the name of the awesome photographer; Burque73 (Roger)

Best,

-Jedz
          Last edited by Jedz123; 01-07-2020, 08:37 PM.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz, you're going to have a blast on your ride next summer! I love being out on the road. With all the different people you meet and all the interesting things you see and eat.

(start a separate thread so we don't jack this one to much. I'd like to here more about your plans.)
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
              Looks like It'll be another difficult vote this week.

Your pic this week accompanied by the mention of Moab and Albuquerque in June just don't go together.
              Remember, if you eat hot chile in the summer time it actually cools you down. Weird huh? You'll see...

If you're baking in the heat, you’d be doing yourself a favor by swapping that frozen yogurt for some Buffalo wings.

Give me a shout when you're here. It would be fun to meet up.
              I may be going thru Moab in late May/early June
              No signature

Comment

There is a Big Injun right up the road from me. Old picture, but he's still there. He was moved here from The Enchanted Forest amusement park in Portage, Indiana when it closed in 1991.

'83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

When it was first made he said something like ''How, welcome'', today it could be more likely interpreted as ''Whoa, back off stranger''.
                  1979 GS1000
                  1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

I don't have any pictures of traffic, malls, or warehouses. There are some areas of great beauty in our small state, but I have limited pics of such.
                    Going with this - Asbury Park. Famous and infamous depending on the decade. Often mentioned by Springsteen.... Beach is a given.
                    If visiting our beaches, the quickest way to be pegged as an outsider is using the term "down the shore" when referring to going to or being at the beach.

http://20170904_063534-1 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm undecided as to which one to use so I'll just eenie meenie miny moe and chose this one since I haven't brought pictures of the GS out recently. There are many covered bridges in Ohio but there are two I really like riding by/through. Here's one that still crosses a small stream but isn't used any longer

Jasper Covered Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

They only thing that came to my mind is a really big racetrack just down the road (I-95) from me. So I am recycling a pic taken back when I was hosting Stator.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Happy Friday one and all....Time to vote...

First the theme by Burque73 (Roger):

For this week's theme lets see what the big thing is in your state/ town/ area etc.
                          Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                          Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                          Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                          More to follow...
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

And more....

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                            Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                            Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            Originally posted by dpep View Post
                            And that should be it...Nice bunch of photos...Good turnout.

As always, if anyone was missed, please let me know.
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Jedz123. I needed to write more words to post my vote.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                                Plymouth Rock, the most disappointing tourist destination I’ve ever visited.
                                Lol....I graduated High School in the next town over. It was an awesome place to be a teenager!

Comment

Working...
                                X